[Now available on the PS Store!] Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy is coming to PS4

Finozzi1696

Well. Tell me something I don't know, dude. :D

sorry, the way you wrote that comment made me think that you didn't know it

Hopefully it becomes a PS+ title at some point.

mmm maybe, but this ps2 emulation thing started on december last year, with nearly 30 ps2 games already released for ps4, and still none of them was put on Plus. might happen at some point, but that would take a long time.

Good news. I hear its a great game. Wish they would do this for the Vita. Think it would revive interest in it.

this is being released as part of sony's ps2 emulation on ps4, so that's why only the ps4 is getting all this ps2 games: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_for_PlayStation_4

this versions has remote play support, so if you have a ps4 you should be able to play them on your vita, while your ps4 is on.

QD have confirmed it's going to be the uncut version that's released. The NA version was censored on PS2.

https://twitter.com/QUANTIC_DREAM/status/743868275436589056

Good to know since there were some people concerned about that, even if the only thing censored was that weird sex scene right? and maybe some other nudity but is not something that you can say is "important". 

Edited by Finozzi1696

Good to know since there were some people concerned about that, even if the only thing censored was that weird sex scene right? and maybe some other nudity but is not something that you can say is "important".

I'm not sure but at least the people who were worried about it being censored can breathe a sigh of relief! :P

July 18th, that's my birthday, not going to buy this game though. Isn't this the game with the super awkward sex scene in it? 

Parker

it has one sex scene, but i mean that shouldn't be a reason to not try it, if you enjoyed "interactive dramas" like heavy rain, beyond and until dawn then this you should definitely get this one. it actually has more gameplay because i believe that it wasn't conceived as a "100% interactive drama" or "being in an interactive movie" type of game, it wasn't until heavy rain that david cage "created" that whole genre.

OT: I've not played this game before, but from what I've heard, it starts out pretty good, but then it goes completely off the rails in the 2nd half. I won't be getting this on launch, but maybe when it's dirt cheap in a sale years down the line.

yeah but that doesn't mean that the second half is "unbearable" or anything like that, is still a very enjoyable experience in my opinion.

I still have my PS2 copy of this :)

I will be getting this eventually. It's probably the most bonkers game I've ever played. I'm tempted to play this and the Heavy Rain/Beyond: Two Souls remasters consecutively.

Without spoiling anything, the game's opening act is VERY good but it does fall off a cliff a bit in the final act. Overall I thought it was great though.

Can someone tell me if in this game, your gaming input actually matters? I was bummed by Beyond apparently not needing my input for most of the game.

There are game overs if you fail QTE's or button inputs. It does require button input unlike Beyond and Heavy Rain.

There are game overs if you fail QTE's or button inputs. It does require button input unlike Beyond and Heavy Rain.

i might agree with you on beyond but in heavy rain the "button input" does matter, there are many scenes were the characters can die if you fail the QTEs, the story progresses without those characters so you will not get new scenes because of their death and/or you will get alternative scenes, and if they die you will get a bad ending. i think i prefer it this way rather than having game overs and apparently detroit become human will follow this same path, it reminds of the ps2 horror game "obscure" were you can control many characters and if one of them dies the game still progresses but you will get a bad ending because of it.

Edited by smellslikejavier

I might get this game down the line. Can someone tell me if in this game, your gaming input actually matters? I was bummed by Beyond apparently not needing my input for most of the game.

Yes in this game you will get game overs, which in my opinion are pretty cool since I remember them being something like this (no spoiler):  *one of the protagonists gets caught by the police* -and then he/she says- "And that's how my story ends, the cops caught me while I was going to leave and I never managed to know what happened on that cold night". I always loved the way they narrated things like that at the game over screen :D

Each David Cage game progress differently it seems, with Fahrenheit you get game overs and you need to start from a checkpoint, in Heavy Rain if you fail the QTEs a character can die but the game will still progress with the other characters that are alive -you will get a bad ending because of this-, and with Beyond is like he aimed it to be played by people who never touched a videogame before so that's why you don't really get punished for your mistakes.

Apparently Detroit: Become Human will be more similar to Heavy Rain, and he said that every character can die if you make bad choices/fail QTEs.

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

Good news. I hear its a great game. Wish they would do this for the Vita. Think it would revive interest in it.

Can't. Tell. If. Serious.

Hopefully it becomes a PS+ title at some point. I bought this on PC but couldn't get it to work and didn't feel like trying to work it out so I'll give it another chance on the PS4, with trophies and such.

I doubt it, though it might be discounted upon release for ps+, or maybe later at 50% off. I don't think these games are walking off the shelves (metaphorically), so if you're willing to pay $7.50 forit, chances are you'll see that price point.

Anyway, getting back to the thread, no way I'll buy this.

it has one sex scene, but i mean that shouldn't be a reason to not try it, if you enjoyed "interactive dramas" like heavy rain, beyond and until dawn then this you should definitely get this one. it actually has more gameplay because i believe that it wasn't conceived as a "100% interactive drama" or "being in an interactive movie" type of game, it wasn't until heavy rain that david cage "created" that whole genre.

yeah but that doesn't mean that the second half is "unbearable" or anything like that, is still a very enjoyable experience in my opinion.

The game has up to three sex scenes plus a lap dance and additional nudity. Someone's jimmies will be rustled for sure.

Hmm, at least put a spoiler tag in that comment about the scene.

Well, Looking forward to that game.

No necrophilia involved. Idk what he's talking about.

The game has up to three sex scenes plus a lap dance and additional nudity. Someone's jimmies will be rustled for sure.

No necrophilia involved. Idk what he's talking about.

mmm didn't remembered the other sex scenes, maybe because just one of them seemed a little "out of place". but i mean i still think is not something that should put you off from trying the game, they only last a couple of minutes and that's it. i can't remember but weren't all of them skippable too? or at least some of them.

about the "dead body" thing i think i know what he is talking about, i won't say what it is because its an spoiler, but he isn't exactly wrong.

This game is awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=rV9VuPkIIv4

Is that a song from the game? I remember falling in love with this one that used to play in Carla's apartment:

It's been like 6 or 7 years since I last played it and I still listen to this song every now and then!  :)

Edited by Finozzi1696
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So it's been delayed and won't be coming next week after all. A new date will be announced soon though apparently.

Quantic Dream Twitter: "Apologies, FAHRENHEIT - INDIGO PROPHECY won't release on 7/18. We shall confirm the release date in the next days. Should be soon. Stay safe."

That really sucks, this was the first time in a long time where I was actually excited for a game to come out, waiting for weeks to finally reach July 18. :(

If at least they would let us take a look at the trophy list...

That really sucks, this was the first time in a long time where I was actually excited for a game to come out, waiting for weeks to finally reach July 18. :(

If at least they would let us take a look at the trophy list...

I know :| There's still hope the trophy list will appear in the next few days though, maybe! I wouldn't bet on it though...

• Like 1