PS3 Firmware Update 3.70 Coming Soon

Dreakon139

ps3370.jpg

For Plus members, the new system update will add the ability to automatically synchronize trophy information in the background, to prevent huge load times when checking trophy collections.

Additionally, when there's a new software update for an individual PS3 title in a user's game library, users can set the console to download those updates automatically as long as the system has a persistent online connection.

On the same note, players can also automatically upload every new game save file to the cloud, giving them access to their saves even when using someone else's PS3.

For everyone else, the new PS3 firmware will add a "recommend" button in the digital Playstation Store marketplace. This button will send a link to the game or item to a friend.

The main menu screen, known as the XMB, will also change to include a new apps category, providing easier access to content like Netflix, Vudu, and Hulu Plus.

And finally, the new update adds enhancements to Blu-ray 3D movie playback. In a blog post, Sony said this sweeping update will be pushed out to all PS3 users "soon."

Source: http://www.tgdaily.c...370-coming-soon

They're really pushing this PlayStation Plus thing. I always assumed things like automatic trophy syncing weren't already included because the hardware couldn't handle doing too many things during gameplay... but it turns out that they were features being held back from the public until Sony could make a little cash off of them.

What's next? PS+ exclusive cross-game chat? It doesn't sound too crazy anymore. :rolleyes:

That said, looks like a fun update... assuming you're a PS+ subscriber.

UPDATE: Oh... it's available now. Hop on PSN now and get it. ;)

So you can share gamesaves now (and thus trophies) from whoever has PS+?

I think they just worded it strangely. They're just explaining how the cloud works, as long as you log into your PSN account you can access your saves on any PS3.

The only change in this update is that your saves can be auto-uploaded to your Online Storage.

I really like the auto save upload feature. I'm really worried about my GT5 save data corrupting (I've spent tons of hours on that game, and I really don't want to gold the Vettell challenges again) but if it uploads and new save every day to my online storage, I won't lose much progress if the save does corrupt during the day.

I'm liking this update so far. B)

Parker