Elder Scrolls 6

TigressLion

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/681683/Elder-Scrolls-6-release-date-PS4-Bethesda-Xbox-One-Skyrim-Special-Edition-PC/amp?client=safari#

This just brings to light that during a YouTube Live interview of E3, Todd Howard, confirmed that they're currently in development of Elder Scrolls 6.

Thoughts?

If it's half as good as Morrowind, or Skyrim I'm sold.

I'd like to explore some of the more alien races' regions, e.g. High Rock, Elsweyr or Black Marsh. Kajiit society, in particular, intrigues me. Equally, seeing the racial tensions playing out between the Orcs and the Bretons in High rock could be an interesting backdrop to a story. 

Whatever it is though, I really hope they do some more work on the engine. 

• Like 4

Gotta take just about everything Todd says with a massive grain of salt. But we will probably get an ES6 sooner or later. I'd like to see them work on the combat mechanics when they do get to making it. Having a more polished game at launch, especially on consoles would be nice but it won't happen.

Gotta take just about everything Todd says with a massive grain of salt. But we will probably get an ES6 sooner or later. I'd like to see them work on the combat mechanics when they do get to making it. Having a more polished game at launch, especially on consoles would be nice but it won't happen.

For them not to dick us around last time, how we got dlcs and updates 1+ years late as they had ps3 implementation erfors and garbage. I remember how badly we were jerked around with Skyrim. So a polishing would be nice.

I'll give it a shot. Not going to get my hopes up that I'll even get halfway through though.

Same happened with the other ones. I enjoy them, but once I'm done with the first/second sitting. I can never get back into them again. I can appreciate the hype for them, why they're so liked, etc etc. But, I always just... Lose the interest soon in.

We'll see.

I knew Fallout 4 was getting VR, didn't know about DOOM. Have not played through Fallout 4 yet and haven't played DOOM at all, might just save both for when VR hits. Especially Fallout 4 will be a MASSIVE game to play on VR whn most games will still only require a few hours to play through.

If only they would say if the new Skyrim will be VR as well...

As for Elder Scrolls 6, I've played and liked just about every Bethesda game since Fallout 3 but I haven't finished any of them. They're too big for me, I get distracted.

course it's being made I dunno why todd felt the need to confirm it but I appreciate that he did. Anyway hoping for crazy looking areas like shivering islands,no snow,something to top dragons I would say Norse mythology but God of war took that, and last please no building or atleast make it optional/no trophies attached 100% happiness killed building for me.

Nice to know it's in development!

I'm sort of hoping for either Elswyr or Valenwood....thought High Rock would be interesting with all the disputes between the Orcs and Bretons. I wonder if they'll add something like the settlement building in Fallout 4? It would be interesting to see them make an upgrade to a house building DLC for sure!

It will definitely be a while before this comes out, but hopefully they don't rush it and take their time.

I'm really excited for this.

Can ES6 wait a little. I'd like to see a Morrowind, or Oblivion remake now. Not gonna complain about a new one, but I'd like to go back to some older ones. Also a Fallout 3 remake would be good too.

I've got not as much against remakes as the average gamer these days but even I think asking for remakes instead of new material is stretching it a bit.

Surely a new Elder Scrolls game will trump a Morrowind/Oblivion remake...

• 3 months later...

I had an idea that they could set this in Akavir some time after the Dragonborn's time period. The Blades are back on the upswing depending on your choices in TES5, so you could be a Blades agent with the dual missions of finding out what happened to the Nerevarine, and searching out the origins of the Blades somewhere in Akavir. The Blades started out as an order of dragonslayers in Akavir, and their resurgence ties it back into TES 5. The search for the Nerevarine ties it back both into TES3 and TES4, since it's mentioned in that last game that the Nerevarine went adventuring into Akavir and no one knows what happened to him. And the Nerevarine could theoretically still be alive, since his corprus infection makes him functionally immortal but not unkillable. Also, finding him is a legitimate pursuit considering Morrowind is a veritable hellhole right now. Akavir gives you a whole new environment to explore with whole new races to meet, and the continent is virtually unexplored in the lore outside of a couple of in-game books.