monster hunter vs souls games

yiazmat50112254

monster hunter vs souls games  

10 members have voted

1. 1. which is the hardest

my question is: which game is the hardest one skill based.

i know both games are very hard on their own way:

*monster hunter: every monster you hunt has their own attack patterns and because it is real time and if they hit you you lose a lot of health you need to learn the patterns of them to be able to beat them (certainly the stronger ones). and you need to be focused the whole time because of this. and being to offensive will lead you to be defeated quickly and being to defensive will lead to the time running out.

*souls: i have to say i have never played the souls games yet so i can't comment on that one (i do want to however). but what i can say is that they are mostly known ABOUT their hardness, which say something too.

• Like 1

The Monster Hunter games I've played had awful controls (I think it were the PSP games? Which may be why but they were praised by critics and fans alike) Overall I just don't care much for the franchise and to me they're just hard because of their clunkiness.

Actually, they are similar games, well, with regards to the combat and enemies.   It might not be so apparent to some, but as someone with over 5000hrs invested in MH games, and a Souls fan from the start, there is a remarkable affinity between the games.   The style of attack animations feel familiar, learning enemy attack patterns as you say, managing stamina usage, roll dodging with iframes, enemy weak points, trash enemies then bosses...there's lots of little similarities.

I'd say MH edges it for me, I can't think of too many Souls bosses that gave me that hard a time, although for some reason I did have a good ol' tussle with Smelter Demon in 2, for some reason.   I can think of many a MH quest that had me pulling my hair out and raging at the injustice of it all, and I am, or was (sort it out Sony) a seasoned MHunter.   

I appreciate the controls comment (the dreaded claw) but they really weren't that much of an issue once you got used to them, MH is a great franchise, wish Sony/Capcom would see the light!  :P

• Like 1

Souls in a way is more hand-holding than Monster Hunter was.

I remember the original Monster Hunter game on PS2; wasn't an easy game, especially if you were playing solo.  I did like using R3 for attacks though.. the PSP took that away, it was so good. :(

Still actually play Monster Hunter now, but I think it has became a little bit more hand-holding since it made the shift to Nintendo consoles.

Edited by DEMON

I'd say Monster HUnter games were harder just because of those god damn awful controls. The amounts of times the terrible camera killed me is unreal.

Dark Souls is a matter of patience and some trial and error. In MH the camera is the monster.

• Like 1

I'd say Monster HUnter games were harder just because of those god damn awful controls. The amounts of times the terrible camera killed me is unreal.

Dark Souls is a matter of patience and some trial and error. In MH the camera is the monster.

That pretty much sums it up. 100% agreed.

Monster Hunter is the worst. You will walk up to your friendly neighborhood Rathalos, it will then tail swipe you. As soon as you stand up it charges at you and your characters goes flying and then staggers up. As soon as you stand up again you get tail swiped, now you are in a corner. You then proceed to continuously get tail swiped and constantly get staggered and then die. Game was brutal. 

Monster Hunter in my opinion. As alot of people will say, Souls is, in my opinion, really only hard because of the way death works in that game and the respawning enemies. The enemies are fairly hard but no harder than some of the highest difficulties on other games, you just usually get checkpoints in those other games.

Monster hunter was, and is just rough for me. A G rank Rajang still haunts my worst nightmares.

(And mh3u and 4u control great on my new 3ds xl, but ive never played any others.)

Edited by danceswithsloths

Monster Hunter is the worst. You will walk up to your friendly neighborhood Rathalos, it will then tail swipe you. As soon as you stand up it charges at you and your characters goes flying and then staggers up. As soon as you stand up again you get tail swiped, now you are in a corner. You then proceed to continuously get tail swiped and constantly get staggered and then die. Game was brutal. 

That made me laugh ^ :D

It's astonishing quite how often the stars align...against you, in MH, if it can go wrong...it will go wrong, guaranteed!  Lol

Here's a couple of vids of myself (Mustang) and some of our team taking down a Barioth and Deviljho in MH Tri, quality isn't the best, and I'm running an experimental 'medic' build, hence why I'm not in the thick of it most of the time:

Safe to say any Souls boss would be long dead by the end of the first part, considering the full 4-man squad.   Miss MH on a Sony platform so much... :(

I struggle to understand where everyone gets this thing that Souls games are really hard... Cos they're really not. Okay, they're not easy (well Dark Souls 2 is), but they're definitely not hard. I'm a bad gamer and I got through Demons and Bloodborne easily enough. Just need to learn when to dodge and you're sorted.

Souls games, In particular Demons. I mean all games are about learning at the end of the day, I've only played MH 3 and 4 on Wii U and both are ok. With souls you're surrounded by doom and neglect, with MH your surrounded by colorful surroundings and people.

I've never played Monster Hunter so I don't have an opinion on it but I have played Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne (have yet to start Dark Souls 3).

I have to agree with Asvinia though. Spot on. 

The Souls games are not that easy but can get easier if you can learn the mechanics and the enemies pathing, weakness', etc. 

I know everyone has their own opinion on what is hard and what isn't so, I suppose it depends on the individual skill of a person on a particular game.

That's how I see it. My opinion though lol  :P