Trophy Thoughts

OhMyJye

As someone who has spent nearly 400 hours total on the Steam & original non-Steam versions of this game, I can say this will probably be a rare platinum, especially as it is quite time consuming to do everything the trophies require you to do, as well of course being quite hard if you have never played the game before. It would probably take me around 100 hours to do most of these trophy requirements, and that would be with me knowing how to do them all and having a very good understanding of the game that took another 200-300 hours of playing to reach.

• Like 1

As a BOT Brad says. I have 500+ hours in game on Steam and all steps neccesary for making platinum are easy for me, but the time required to do so is monstrous. I believe the most skilled players would do this in matter of tens of hours, but us, mortals it will be 100 hours minimum. And people not knowing what is going on it will take only 100 hours to actually reach satisfying fly in space.

I personally like the Docking trophy because Im actually able to dock modules under 10 minutes of second module launch from KSC :)

But flying to Eelo or all the Jool moons, that will be looong run.

As a BOT Brad says. I have 500+ hours in game on Steam and all steps neccesary for making platinum are easy for me, but the time required to do so is monstrous. I believe the most skilled players would do this in matter of tens of hours, but us, mortals it will be 100 hours minimum. And people not knowing what is going on it will take only 100 hours to actually reach satisfying fly in space.

I personally like the Docking trophy because Im actually able to dock modules under 10 minutes of second module launch from KSC :)

But flying to Eelo or all the Jool moons, that will be looong run.

I'm relatively new to playing KSP... Is docking possible before you get the docking ring?  Or are you playing in Sandbox mode?

I'm relatively new to playing KSP... Is docking possible before you get the docking ring?  Or are you playing in Sandbox mode?

You need Clamp o Tron for sure. Its faster in sandbox of course but if you have no idea what are you doing, stay with carrier and dont cry when you will have to start over and over :)

Its not easy game... Check me on Steam and look for my guides for KSP. I have them there in Czech Language but first three are in Eng too and you can learn a lot of things in the logic way.

• 1 month later...

can you tackle all the trophies in sandbox mode?  Just downloaded this game.  Fuck the price, or how difficult or time consuming the trophies may be.  I'm wondering what mode to play in?  any suggestions for a newbie?   

Thanks!

It's best to play career mode if you're new to the game, sandbox mode already has everything unlocked and can be extremely overwhelming.

It's best to play career mode if you're new to the game, sandbox mode already has everything unlocked and can be extremely overwhelming.hey 

hey that's just what I did!  thanks a lot.  I upped my funds a little, but left the science and rep at the "easy" setting.  So far, while a little pricey, I'm not regretting this.  It'll be one I come back to, play, n come back to I assume.  So neat.  I finally got to space but the poor guy was stranded, and then must of somehow re entered the atmosphere and crashed.  the parachute overheated.  :(

Edited by SilkyJay86

hey that's just what I did!  thanks a lot.  I upped my funds a little, but left the science and rep at the "easy" setting.  So far, while a little pricey, I'm not regretting this.  It'll be one I come back to, play, n come back to I assume.  So neat.  I finally got to space but the poor guy was stranded, and then must of somehow re entered the atmosphere and crashed.  the parachute overheated.   :(

The kerbal alone can survive re-entry and splashdown into the ocean with a little help from the EVA suit, I've had to do it a few times when I ran out of fuel in orbit. Just a warning though, I'd avoid docking for now until they put out a patch, both times I've done it, my save has become corrupted.

I would recommend upgrading mission control as you'll unlock maneuver nodes, which makes flying a whole lot easier.

Edited by SnowxSakura

The kerbal alone can survive re-entry and splashdown into the ocean with a little help from the EVA suit, I've had to do it a few times when I ran out of fuel in orbit. Just a warning though, I'd avoid docking for now until they put out a patch, both times I've done it, my save has become corrupted.

I would recommend upgrading mission control as you'll unlock maneuver nodes, which makes flying a whole lot easier.

did you turn down the re entry heat when creating your career mode?  Ive been wondering if I should restart...  this game is mind boggling.

thanks for the docking tip.  I'm pretty sure I have not the slightest idea how to dock yet.. Lol   : P  thanks a bunch!

did you turn down the re entry heat when creating your career mode?  Ive been wondering if I should restart...  this game is mind boggling.

thanks for the docking tip.  I'm pretty sure I have not the slightest idea how to dock yet.. Lol   : P  thanks a bunch!

It's set to the easy difficulty heat settings. Scott Manley is a good person to check out on youtube, he has a lot of informative KSP videos

It's set to the easy difficulty heat settings. Scott Manley is a good person to check out on youtube, he has a lot of informative KSP videos

That's exactly who I've been watching.  I copied his exact layout and plan for my first eva, I burn up, he didn't.  Don't get it.  I'll have to rewatch. 

Yeah I just watched his part 3 again..  Not only did his shutes color icon not change on full throttle takeoff, with the exact same buiid.... and it didn't change at all on the re entry.  WTF... lol  Im at a loss.

It depends on how old the videos are, anything prior to february 2016 mostly doesn't work anymore, and some just straight up don't work at all due to changes in the games physics engine.

Edit: It really depends on what you're trying to do right now, are you trying to just go into orbit, or are you trying to go to the Mun or Minmus?

Edited by SnowxSakura

It depends on how old the videos are, anything prior to february 2016 mostly doesn't work anymore, and some just straight up don't work at all due to changes in the games physics engine.

Edit: It really depends on what you're trying to do right now, are you trying to just go into orbit, or are you trying to go to the Mun or Minmus?

Im just trying my first eva in space and trying to re enter!  lol  without crashing.  Parachute problems!

currently added a small engine to burn upon reentry to slow me down, see if this works.  Im baffled.   Re entry problems are real!

EDIT:  it failed!  haha.

Edited by SilkyJay86