Did i just screw myself? :/

Stargazer2600

So I made it all the way to the calm lands and found where yojimbo is. I dont have enough to hire him (even after trying to negotiate) So i go back into the calm lands to gan money (and pick up levels while im at it) I get a good amount and decide to go back and in my way is dark yojimbo who deals 99,999 damage each hit.....I found out i would have to fight him 5 TIMES to beat him AND I STILL DONT HAVE NORMAL YOJIMBO!!!!!

Did i just screw myself out of 2 trophies now...if not please help me fix this mistake

Not necessarily, but I would look into the guides for grinding gil and stat boosting items in the monster arena. Regardless of if you want to beat Dark Yojimbo the easy (gil + Zanmato) or the hard way (leveling + proper equipment), you will need to grind in the monster arena to grind out sphere levels and spheres themselves.  If you are going for the plat, you need to do this anyways.  When you start maxing your characters out and get the right equipment, the optional bosses will be a LOT easier.

• Like 1

So basically Dark Yojimbo is blocking your way? Just use the teleport sphere to bypass the script/cutscene, then go back into the Fayth where Yojimbo is, no?

Be sure to lowball and offer half the asking price (IIRC you can do this twice before he rebuffs).

So basically Dark Yojimbo is blocking your way? Just use the teleport sphere to bypass the script/cutscene, then go back into the Fayth where Yojimbo is, no?

Be sure to lowball and offer half the asking price (IIRC you can do this twice before he rebuffs).

I can't bypass them. He is right at the entrance where yojimbo is

You can use the teleport pad at the far end of the cavern just before you see Yojimbo, it'll take you right to the beginning of the cavern 

This is what I meant, i.e. NOT the teleport sphere in the cavern before the fayth, but those directly before the entrance. Those should take you to the cavern where you can go left, right, or north into the fayth.

• Like 1

This is what I meant, i.e. NOT the teleport sphere in the cavern before the fayth, but those directly before the entrance. Those should take you to the cavern where you can go left, right, or north into the fayth.

got him :) and I am loving this summon lol. When I reached the top of the mountain and had to fight Seymour for that third fight. I called Yojimbo who used zanmato and killed him in one slice. I did some research and found out that almost all the bosses can be killed that way. Just one swing of the blade. This leads me to believe that he's actually the strongest in the game and kind of makes me wonder why I need any of the others lol Edited by Stargazer2600
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 7/12/2016 at 9:53 AM, Stargazer2600 said:

got him :) and I am loving this summon lol. When I reached the top of the mountain and had to fight Seymour for that third fight. I called Yojimbo who used zanmato and killed him in one slice. I did some research and found out that almost all the bosses can be killed that way. Just one swing of the blade. This leads me to believe that he's actually the strongest in the game and kind of makes me wonder why I need any of the others lol

The more you use him the more expensive he becomes and unless you have 255 luck maxed out its unlikely he will keep doing Zanmato , hence why other Aeons are important to the game.