Capcom wants your money (CPT Edition)

What company in this world doesn't want your money?

$25 is a lot for:

• 3 nice costumes
  • 1 cool stage
  • 22 okay character colors
  • 2 titles

However the main/only reason anyone should buy this stuff is to make the Pro Tour better and for the payouts to the winner to be bigger.

Also Killer Instinct did something similar last year. It was called the Community Bundle. For $20 you got 1 skin and some in game money. All the proceeds from the bundle when to the Killer Instinct EVO pot bonus and when it hit $100,000 that skin became a real character.

Edited by soultaker655

My mother always told me that when we sacrifice something, it be better well worth it.

I'll pitch in because I have some extra cash to spend on the DLC, but this is really poor business practice. How can they make the DLC (Colours are exclusive to PS4(apparently)) PS4 console exclusive when the PC is more of a companion to it rather than a competing platform?

This game is turning to such a drag and I kind of wish that Sony could go back and make their own fighter instead.

What company in this world doesn't want your money?

$25 is a lot for:

• 3 nice costumes
  • 1 cool stage
  • 22 okay character colors
  • 2 titles

However the main/only reason anyone should buy this stuff is to make the Pro Tour better and for the payouts to the winner to be bigger.

Also Killer Instinct did something similar last year. It was called the Community Bundle. For $20 you got 1 skin and some in game money. All the proceeds from the bundle when to the Killer Instinct EVO pot bonus and when it hit $100,000 that skin became a real character.

Isn't KI also around 3 years old? I could buy Season 1 and Season 2 of KI for the same amount of price for this DLC. SF5 turns 6 months old this day and Capcom is alreafy charging around $60 worth of DLC in such short time.

How can they make the DLC (Colours are exclusive to PS4(apparently)) PS4 console exclusive when the PC is more of a companion to it rather than a competing platform?

The DLC isn't PS4 exclusive. The colors are just CPT themed. I think they are using the word exclusive to mean this is the only way to get those colors.

Isn't KI also around 3 years old? I could buy Season 1 and Season 2 of KI for the same amount of price for this DLC. SF5 turns 6 months old this day and Capcom is alreafy charging around $60 worth of DLC in such short time.

KI was around 1 and half years old when they were doing the Community Bundle. They had just finished Season 2 and the Season 1 & 2 Bundle was somewhere in the $40-$50 area. The Community Bundle helped make shadow jago a real character, let that year's EVO tournament have a $100,000 pot bonus, and convinced Microsoft to let Iron Galaxies make a Season 3 of KI.

Capcom has always had bad DLC practices, but this is no worse then the stuff EA or Activision do every year.

The CPT Bundle is for people who want to support the CPT and help it grow. Just like the people who wanted KI's tournament scene to grow when the Community Bundle was released.

Edited by soultaker655

The DLC isn't PS4 exclusive. The colors are just CPT themed. I think they are using the word exclusive to mean this is the only way to get those colors.

KI was around 1 and half years old when they were doing the Community Bundle. They had just finished Season 2 and the Season 1 & 2 Bundle was somewhere in the $40-$50 area. The Community Bundle helped make shadow jago a real character, let that year's EVO tournament have a $100,000 pot bonus, and convinced Microsoft to let Iron Galaxies make a Season 3 of KI.

Capcom has always had bad DLC practices, but this is no worse then the stuff EA or Activision do every year.

The CPT Bundle is for people who want to support the CPT and help it reach the level of the dota and lol tournaments.

I never said the DLC as a whole is exclusive. It does seem that the colours are though as explained in their blog (http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2016/07/15/introducing-exclusive-capcom-pro-tour-content-for-sfv) and this slide from the panel in the NeoGAF thread (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1247142). I doesn't really bother me but if true, that's kind of sucky to PC owners.

I didn't know that about KI S3. MS always praised it so I always guessed that's why they keep on pumping money into KI.

They have a long way to go to get at DOTA or LOL level or pool money.

I didn't know that about KI S3. MS always praised it so I always guessed that's why they keep on pumping money into KI.

From what I've been able to piece together through live streams and interviews KI is in a "work with what we give you" situation.

MS gives them some money to to make a season. After the season is over the sales of the DLC and extras is used to convince MS to let them make more seasons. Iron galaxies wanted to make shadow jago a real character, but they didn't have the money (MS said no) so they made the Community Bundle. The over pouring amount of support (money) helped convince MS to greenlight season 3.

MS may praise the game to the press, but that doesn't mean they just give them money without proof that it will be worth it. You can see that this is still the case, because MS still hasn't put any money into the KI world cup. (The pot is only $10,000 right now)

Screw this.  I bought a couple costumes I wanted, but I'm not spending $25.  The STAGE is $10, what in the world?  Capcom lied so badly about this game, and even if you do spend FM on the things you can, everything is overpriced thanks to how slowly you win FM.  They still haven't given us the daily challenges to provide us with a steady way to earn it.  Also, the only way any of the money goes to the tour is if they sell a certain amount of bundles, and that figure hasn't been made known.

People voted with their wallets and the amount of complains, lead Capcom to charge FM for the Survival Mode 3 - 10 colors. I believe they will have to keep making changes if they want people to continue supporting them.

SFV Survival Mode color (3-10) bundles for each character will be available for purchase via FM or the PS/Steam stores. More details soon!

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/755521454146334720

• Like 1