Grindy dumb trophy requirements.

MAUSZX

Hey guys, so I want to ask you a question just for fun.

Recently I plat TMNT Mutants in Manhattan

Overall I had a good time with the game, except on the trophy hunting, with the last 3 trophies.

Those are "protect 30 atm machines, Transport 30 gold bars and transport 30 krang bombs"

You might say "well that doesn't sounds too bad" and that's what I was thinking while I started to grind the trophy. Specially you think is not so bad, when you read that every ATM mission has 3 ATMs so that means you only need to do 10 missions.

Turns out the mission to protect ATM machines is so rare and is only in one level, that level has almost every other mission, which means and I probably not exagerating that the odds of having an ATM mission is like 1%. I swear I played 2 hours straight, and the mission only popped once, it was so crazy and frustrating I was so close to just quit and leave it like that.

Not only that Gold bars appear in 2 levels I think, and it only appears 1 per mission, that means that you actually need to do 30 times that missions, for some good luck I had a lot of Gold Bars missions when I was playing normally, doing other stuff, and that wasn't so bad for me, but for others is just nuts.

So is there a game that has not only grindy trophies or missions, that's completely normal, but grindy and so random that your only hope is to have luck? Because I think that is the worst kind of trophies, the ones that you don't really have much control over them.

What games comes to your mind?

Thanks.

Edited by MAUSZX

Not me, but my brother recently played Dark Souls III. He needed to grind a bunch of enemies for covenant items, but some of the items had ridiculously low drop rates. Probably took him nearly 20 hours (with insane buffs) to get the trophy that he needed for the plat.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/5/2022 at 9:53 AM, gamercris066 said:

Reaching level 50 in Vampire the masquerade. It almost takes 60 minutes to level up once the xp bar barely moves per match. And There's no way to make the xp bar move faster.

Well there is a game I am never going to attempt getting the platinum

Here's a few extremely grindy trophies.

41L5730da.png

:gold:Guardian angel

Rescue 10,000 survivors in successful missions.

Basically you have to find all 15 survivors then wait 20 minutes for the mission to finish. Leaving before the 20 minutes will reset you're 15 survivor progress.  There is no effective way to unlock this trophy.

44La9fcb2.png

:silver:Unspeakable horrors

Kill 20,000 mist monsters

Mist monster are a very rare enemy to find. There is no effective way to unlock this trophy.

• Like 2