Resident Evil 4 PS4 possible platinum

local_jesster

Here is my take on this: RE4 was released on ps3 as digital only game, which is why it was allowed to have no more than 315 points for trophies. For games that see retail release the it is different: they must have a full trophy list and a platinum.

The rules have changed after ps4 came out: digital games now can have a platinum trophy(the Binding of Isaac Rebirth for example) and some retail games do not have a plat(The Walking Dead season 2) but i think there is a good chance we will have a full trophy list because physical copies of the game will hit the shelves this time around.

We'll see it's only a few days left.

Edited by dimonemt

I'm with most of you in that I doubt they'll go to any effort to add a plat but I think they should!  

Understandably, RE5/6 didn't need much tweaking in terms of the trophy lists since both included a plat and a decent list of trophies.  I think Capcom are smart though in that they'll know they can attract previous owners of the game if a platinum was included but who knows!  :huh:   they have had more time to work on the RE4 remaster for PS4 so hopefully this is a good sign!

Here is my take on this: RE4 was released on ps3 as digital only game, which is why it was allowed to have no more than 315 points for trophies. For games that see retail release the it is different: they must have a full trophy list and a platinum.

The rules have changed after ps4 came out: digital games now can have a platinum trophy(the Binding of Isaac Rebirth for example) and some retail games do not have a plat(The Walking Dead season 2) but i think there is a good chance we will have a full trophy list because physical copies of the game will hit the shelves this time around.

We'll see it's only a few days left.

Actually RE4 (and the Code Veronica X remaster) had a physical release but only on Japan.

It must be what Dell said and maybe it had something to do with Microsoft's old achievement rules so instead of taking the effort of making more trophies for the PS3 version Capcom just copy and pasted the same trophy lists from the X360 version.

I hope it gets a platinum this time around, I though the trophy list was going to be leaked 29 days before the game gets released similar as to what happened with RE6 and 5's remasters, but that wasn't the case this time.

This doesn't really mean anything one way or another, but on the PS3 RE4 technically saw a physical release, but it was only available for Japan, and it included Code Veronica with it (which also lacked a Platinum). 

(EDIT) 

Someone beat me to the post   :P

Edited by TheAveryChu

Actually RE4 (and the Code Veronica X remaster) had a physical release but only on Japan.

It must be what Dell said and maybe it had something to do with Microsoft's old achievement rules so instead of taking the effort of making more trophies for the PS3 version Capcom just copy and pasted the same trophy lists from the X360 version.

I hope it gets a platinum this time around, I though the trophy list was going to be leaked 29 days before the game gets released similar as to what happened with RE6 and 5's remasters, but that wasn't the case this time.

Well, that complicates things a bit and i don't even know anymore)) Anyhow, platinum trophy is a further improvement for a beloved game, and if Capcom will miss this opportunity then it's a major bummer for me. Still gonna buy the game though.

Edited by dimonemt

If you had a plat for RE4 I don't think the base game is enough. You have to remember it is a linear 2-3 hour game. I see them making the plat but adding trophies for assignment Ada and mercs.

The REmake and RE0 had less content than RE4 and you could also beat them on less than 2-3 hours doing a speed run, and they both got a Platinum + 40 trophies.

The base game is more than enough for RE4 to get a Platinum if RE1 and RE0 got one, giving that now with RE4 you can buy and upgrade weapons and complete other side stuff like collecting gems and completing the merchant's side quest at the beginning of the game, etc. So it even has more content than those two combined, although I prefer them for being Survival Horror.

Edited by Gevirein

If you had a plat for RE4 I don't think the base game is enough. You have to remember it is a linear 2-3 hour game. I see them making the plat but adding trophies for assignment Ada and mercs.

Huh? RE4 is about 15-20 hours long unless you're talking about speedrunning it? In that case many games can be beaten in 2-3 hours.

RE4 has tonnes of content for a platinum. Professional difficulty, unlockable weapons, bottle caps, gun upgrades, mercenaries mode and two side stories (Assignment Ada, Seperate Ways). I'd like to see some challenge trophies and speedrun trophies too.

• 2 weeks later...

its out in 4 days and still no word, i think its trophy list will pop up a day before. Like Deus Ex: MD did. 

dont think it would be hard to add trophies for plat, beat 1-1 - 5-4 or whatever. thats a number of spots. bosses. difficulty. throw in some crap random ones like kill 2 enemies with a single shotgun blast. etc. If it does have a plat, i expect this site to go in a frenzy... lol

its out in 4 days and still no word, i think its trophy list will pop up a day before. Like Deus Ex: MD did. 

dont think it would be hard to add trophies for plat, beat 1-1 - 5-4 or whatever. thats a number of spots. bosses. difficulty. throw in some crap random ones like kill 2 enemies with a single shotgun blast. etc. If it does have a plat, i expect this site to go in a frenzy... lol

It was confirmed on the Capcom stream yesterday that there is no plat. List is the same.