PSN accounts "could" be closed down after 24 months of inactivity

FlareXV

Oh well in that case i'll have permanent 0 days of inactivity lol.

I'm sure Sony targeted your account and are very disappointed now :awesome:

Glad they did this just like Microsoft are doing the same thing where it's ridiculous on how I saw their news popup trending on Facebook that most people are complain about that but it makes perfect sense.

>Facebook

>rationalism

People are always going to find things to hate on or to complain about.

I'm sure Sony targeted your account and are very disappointed now :awesome:

>Facebook

>rationalism

People are always going to find things to hate on or to complain about.

Agreed. No matter the topic is, most people are going to be angry at something that even sports, people are dumb as fuck commenting at things they hate, I just shake my head off them being dumb on what they said in the comments.

Coming up on a year and a half inactivity. Will they close me out of it or do I actually have to request it?

This is just their way of saying that if they ever decide to clear up some accounts, the ones that have been inactive for two years will be at risk. I don't think they've done it before and there's nothing planned at the moment, but if they do I'm sure they'll give plenty of warning beforehand.

Although you could ask them to close your account at any point.

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 1

My brother hasn't been on in over 6 years, my cousin over 5. So if they have done a purge, it was before that or they just got skipped for some reason.

I don't think purges have ever happened on PSN. It's just a "We reserve the right if we want to" thing.

Same here, I made an account on the PS3, switched to Xbox 360, then made an new account when I got a PS4. That old account made on the PS3 is still up (at least 5 years). I tried to do Sony a favor and have it closed out, but you need specific info I just don't have anymore. Who knows if it will ever get taken down, at least I can always check up on it. :)

I'm surprised people are reporting this now. Don't people read the Terms of Service?

The ToS was updated in July. Most don't go back to read the ToS. If people even read them in the first place....