How do you manage work/life balance and trophy hunting?

electoblaze

First of all, this is a judgment-free zone. I am just curious how many of you have earned dozens (even hundreds) of platinum trophies and 100% games while also managing your lives, your livelihoods, family time, etc. I don't judge if you're unemployed or currently "trying to figure out life." I just want to talk about it.

About me:

Currently, I have 24 platinum trophies and 15 100% games (which I THOUGHT was a lot - until I came here lol) and I've gotten all of them in the past 2.5 years. During the past couple years, I've been in college and you know how that goes. While everyone was out partying and drinking themselves blind at night, I was in my dorm room busting open plats and going after The Last of Us Remastered 100% completion. LOL.

However, I will graduate in the next 6 months and will probably get a stable, full-time job - so my ability to play for hours and hours at a time will get severely limited. At one point, I was getting about 1 plat a month (which was my max - I was a busy college student) but now it actually might be years until I get another plat because I'm going to be so busy and have no life sitting in an office.....

So, how have you all balanced work and play? How many hours a day do you work on trophy hunting? How many plats/100% games do you have AND how many years did it take you to get them all? Thoughts?

I don't really trophy hunt that much. If you look at my profile, it says I don't even get 2 trophies a day. I have 70 plats but that's over 6 years. 

I don't have cable. I rarely watch streaming services. I guess my tv time is trophy hunting/gaming. Hell, even most of the time I'm gaming, I'm not even trophy hunting. 1/2 the time psn shows me online or in a game, I'm afk, doing something else around the house.

So yea, I'm sure there are different circumstances for everyone. I don't think you're going to get one universal answer from anybody. 

The bulk of my trophies came from the time I was unemployed. LOL

After getting full time employment, and kids things changed.
Trophy hunting becomes 100% easier when you don't (can't) care anymore.

My cherry:
17L82b729.png     25th Oct 2008 12:48:01 PM

Almost 8 Years! I should have a party.

How I manage it?

1. Work/Social life

2. Games

It's always been that way before and after I graduated college, hence the 27 plats over 5-6 years.

Honestly, I've debated getting a Vita since I graduated college. It's easier to play on the go and with traveling, it hasn't gotten any better with having time for games.

Well, I had a girlfriend who also likes gaming so she bought a PS4 so we could play together. 
Back in that time, sociliazing and trophy hunting were easy because we were doing it together while chatting on voice chat.
Last year was my last year on college so l wanted to get a part time job and it drastically decreased the free time l had to trophy hunt. 
However, gaming is a hobby and trophy hunting is like a strawberry on the top of a cake, you don't have to eat cake everyday. Eat whenever you can :)
Sometimes you just want to have some me time so it should be fine. Just cant happen as much as it was before.
Now, l am about to get a full time job since l have my bachelor degree and trying to get rid of my backlog like crazy lol.

• Like 1

Well, I don't have that many trophies, but hunting is something I try to do daily. I try to work on trophies at least 2 hours a day. Which of course doesn't lead to much, but is the best I can do by week.

Weekends I can usually play a lot, unless the gf wants to go outside.

i've always been someone that disliked being around people too much. sure me and my friends from work go out drinking, go to a restaurant once, twice a month. but that's about it for socializing

besides that, i prefer to play games and relax at home, so besides the occasional going out, and working, i game the moment i get home to the moment i fall asleep. meaning a good 6-7 hours of games.

though i don't really hunt trophies much as you can see from my freakishly high completion percentage. ladiesplease.

I'm no expert since I only have 11 plats so far, but I've only gotten back into trophy hunting to be fair. As someone who not only juggles school with games, but also work with games, but also gf with games, but also friends with games, but also playing sports with games, but also reading books with games, but also watching movies and anime with games, I can tell you what I have discovered.

Sleep is for the weak.

I don't really play games for trophies. But I think my example of when I played FFXIV 10-12 hours a day is good for this. Basically do everything you need to do as soon as you wake up, then you can spend the rest of the day/night gaming.. and I should maybe mention I don't have much of a social life so I didn't have that to worry about. And I'm also unemployed, so my method probably doesn't work for the majority.

• Like 1

Balance is the key. I can usually only play for a couple hours a night before I know I won't wake up in time for work the next day. On the weekends i'll hang with friend or cross my fingers for a rainy day so I can have an excuse to catch up on my backlog. Some weekends I'll plan far ahead in advance to hunker down and finish off plats or just goof off with friend online.

(You might catch me using a vacation day for a game release  :eyebrow:[Which reminds me I now have to cancel my September 30th vacation day])