PlayStation VR demo disc contains eight games

FlareXV

When you unpack your PSVR on October 13th 2016, you'll receive a demo disc with some games on it for you to experience. The games on the demo disc are:

• RIGS
  • PSVR World 
  • Tumble VR
  • Battlezone
  • Eve: Valkyrie 
  • Wayward Sky
  • Headmaster
  • Driveclub VR

I personally can't not wait to experience these games. I've heard nothing but good things about RIGs, Eve: V and Battlezone. What are you going to try why you play with the PSVR? 

source:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-07-playstation-vr-demo-disc-contains-eight-games

Edited by FlareXV

Not really the stuff I'd go for. I played the How We Soar demo yesterday and thought that was great, people should get to play that one. Then again they might just put that demo up on PSN.

I'd like to see if the Driveclub VR demo on the disc will be better than the one I played, I had some complaints about* it but I was assured that the final build would be much more better.

I hope there will be a lot of demos on PSN. I feel like with VR, it's more important than with regular games to experience a bit before you buy. It's right up in your face and what works for one person might not work for another.

* With Driveclub more than others, I notice the low resolution of a small screan right near your eyes. The game felt real enough to enforce my usual driving reflexes, which is amongst others, looking at the horizon towards the end of the road... And there, instead of trees and buildings, I saw some pixels pretending to be trees and buildings. It was really distracting and may have contributed to the bad feeling in my stomach at the end.

Anyone got an idea on the file size difference for a VR title vs a non-VR title. When I moved last month, I went from NO cap on my internet downloading to 1 terabyte a month, with a $10/50 GB autobill, but they'll generously cap my add-on costs at $200/month. Oh and no real-time monitoring AND finding the signup page for notifications when I'm getting close to my monthly limit took me through seven links before I ran out of time and never found out if I'll get notifications. Thanks COMCAST!!!

Since my television is 75% through the internet (Kudos Playstation Vue! Seriously, ask me about it. It's pretty awesome.) and 25% OTA, I suspect I'll be using about 30-50GB a day for my wife's viewing habits, plus web surfing but minimal online game playing. End of each month might just have to be OTA only.

If VR title file sizes are much larger than these already ridiculous sized blu-ray titles, then I suspect VR titles may have to push for physical releases (Inner YAY!!) and shitty, greedy ISPs (BOO) may actually help me out.

Because if VR titles are digital-only = No VR for me. :(

Anyone got an idea on the file size difference for a VR title vs a non-VR title. When I moved last month, I went from NO cap on my internet downloading to 1 terabyte a month, with a $10/50 GB autobill, but they'll generously cap my add-on costs at $200/month. Oh and no real-time monitoring AND finding the signup page for notifications when I'm getting close to my monthly limit took me through seven links before I ran out of time and never found out if I'll get notifications. Thanks COMCAST!!!

Since my television is 75% through the internet (Kudos Playstation Vue! Seriously, ask me about it. It's pretty awesome.) and 25% OTA, I suspect I'll be using about 30-50GB a day for my wife's viewing habits, plus web surfing but minimal online game playing. End of each month might just have to be OTA only.

If VR title file sizes are much larger than these already ridiculous sized blu-ray titles, then I suspect VR titles may have to push for physical releases (Inner YAY!!) and shitty, greedy ISPs (BOO) may actually help me out.

Might be some digital only stuff, like a VR expansion for Ethan Carter, but much will be on disc.

Wait a month or two and ask people with VR games on their card :) because I really have no idea if they will be significantly larger. I reckon it should not be all that different though.

P.S. Don't you have a free choice in providers, could you perhaps find a better one? My internet is unlimited luckily but I changed phone providers since the last one was horrible with showing what I had spent during the month, and they constantly "forgot" to send a text when I was at 75%. My new provider has an app, I just click on it and see what I have left.

P.S. Don't you have a free choice in providers, could you perhaps find a better one? My internet is unlimited luckily but I changed phone providers since the last one was horrible with showing what I had spent during the month, and they constantly "forgot" to send a text when I was at 75%. My new provider has an app, I just click on it and see what I have left.

My HOA has approved exactly two providers to service my subdivision. Comcast and at&t. I was happy with WideOpenWest for the last 14 years (with no caps, amazing uptime and and actually helpful/useful customer service), but alas even though WOW services the areas 1 mile East, South and West, they have no service for my house. I will never use at&t U-verse, it's even more expensive and doesn't have a viable internet-only plan. (U-verse is fiber, I have my own coaxial modem so Comcast is my only option.)

Once VR launches, it'll be pretty easy to see how many titles are physical, just wondering if someone knew the info now.

So yes, I have a free choice in two providers. Shitty and shittier. 

A quick look at Steam shows most pure VR only games will probably be less than 3-5GBs, most are under 1GB. Some of the more expensive ones are 20GB+.

If you're worried about AAA games, almost all developers aren't supporting it because there's no money to be made. Games like FF15 and CoD only have optional mini-games with VR support.

My HOA has approved exactly two providers to service my subdivision. Comcast and at&t. I was happy with WideOpenWest for the last 14 years (with no caps, amazing uptime and and actually helpful/useful customer service), but alas even though WOW services the areas 1 mile East, South and West, they have no service for my house. I will never use at&t U-verse, it's even more expensive and doesn't have a viable internet-only plan. (U-verse is fiber, I have my own coaxial modem so Comcast is my only option.)

Once VR launches, it'll be pretty easy to see how many titles are physical, just wondering if someone knew the info now.

So yes, I have a free choice in two providers. Shitty and shittier. 

Regarding providers: that sucks. I've heard people in the USA complain about this before, it's the downside of a wide open country I guess. Here in my little coutry, you can choose many providers regardless of where you live.

It's not really known yet since we'll just have to wait and see but my guess is that it will be the same as now, with small devs going the digital only route. Though the money invested in VR probably means more games will gear towards a disc release, much small stuff will remain digital only.

If you're worried about AAA games, almost all developers aren't supporting it because there's no money to be made. Games like FF15 and CoD only have optional mini-games with VR support.

How is there no money to be made? All you have to do is make your game VR compatible instead of required and you will lose zero sales, and gain a few more.

Also, why do you say that developers are not supporting it? The big reason why we're not seeing many full big titles yet is because VR is so new, but already EA is testing out the waters with a single X-Wing mission (free for Battlefront owners), Crystal Dynamics desides to add first person DLC to their last-year third person title, Rocksteady makes a small title set in their Arkham Universe... If enough people buy and play VR, and the publishers see that it's a viable product, the games themselves will come.

As far as AAA games with full VR support go: Ace Combat 7, Driveclub, Gran Turismo Sport, Robinson: The Journey...

Long story short: there's a few AAA titles already on the way and if VR proves succesful, there will be more to come. And before you're going to say that this is just a very small list, remember that any new gaming platform starts with only a few games.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Long story short: there's a few AAA titles already on the way and if VR proves succesful, there will be more to come. And before you're going to say that this is just a very small list, remember that any new gaming platform starts with only a few games.

AAA requires multi-platform money to survive unless the game was made on the cheap. I can't see AAA companies dumping money on PSVR if it doesn't show promise. 

AAA requires multi-platform money to survive unless the game was made on the cheap. I can't see AAA companies dumping money on PSVR if it doesn't show promise. 

Isn't that really just what I said though?

How is there no money to be made? All you have to do is make your game VR compatible instead of required and you will lose zero sales, and gain a few more.

Also, why do you say that developers are not supporting it? The big reason why we're not seeing many full big titles yet is because VR is so new, but already EA is testing out the waters with a single X-Wing mission (free for Battlefront owners), Crystal Dynamics desides to add first person DLC to their last-year third person title, Rocksteady makes a small title set in their Arkham Universe... If enough people buy and play VR, and the publishers see that it's a viable product, the games themselves will come.

As far as AAA games with full VR support go: Ace Combat 7, Driveclub, Gran Turismo Sport, Robinson: The Journey...

Demo disc meaning disc with demos or disc with 8 full games? =D

If they are just demos then... meh.

Not to mention no Summer Lesson.

Just demos.

Looking at the list of eight games, these are how they are priced on the EU PSN store for pre-order:

• RIGS: €59,95
  • PSVR Worlds: €39,95
  • Tumble VR: €9,95
  • Battlezone: 59,95
  • Eve: Valkyrie: Not available for pre-order
  • Wayward Sky: Not available for pre-order
  • Headmaster: Not available for pre-order
  • Driveclub VR: Not available for pre-order

So, no, they won't be the full games :P

I played a 15-20 minute demo of Far point on PSVR last week and the demo was most definitely worth it.

To have the ability to play 8 more demo's is truly great.

I am getting Summer Lesson next month but I will still absolutely play these demo's over and over, that's how good PSVR was in my experience.

Are we going to need the PlayStation Camera + Move controllers to play those demos?

Camera = yes. It is a must with PSVR.

Move controllers = probably not essential, although they may still be compatible with these demo's. When I played the Far point demo it used a PS3 Move controller inserted into the end of a rifle, it was both very accurate and highly responsive.

Edited by JapanimeGamer