Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment coming Spring 2017

ThiophenSJ

I have some instantaneous love for companies that release free DLC. Shoutout to Naughty Dog (TLOU MP DLC), Arrowhead (Helldivers) and EA (BF4, NFS). Any news if they gonna keep releasing more DLC in the future? I would rather do all DLC at once instead of constantly be coming back for more.

• Like 2

I have some instantaneous love for companies that release free DLC. Shoutout to Naughty Dog (TLOU MP DLC), Arrowhead (Helldivers) and EA (BF4, NFS). Any news if they gonna keep releasing more DLC in the future? I would rather do all DLC at once instead of constantly be coming back for more.

http://shovelknight.wikia.com/wiki/Planned_Content

it may be updated as it goes on

• Like 1

These free DLC's for Shovel Knight are all part of the Kickstarter Stretch Goals. These stretch goals are 3 new story campaigns for Plague Knight (already released), Specter Knight and King Knight and furthermore the Battle Mode and the Body Swap Mode. So if the Specter Knight campaign comes in Spring 2017 together with either Battle or Body Swap Mode, I guess we can expect the last update to come somewhere in Fall/ Winter 2017 with King Knights campaign and the other mode that wasn't included in Specter of Torment.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2016-09-18 at 5:39 PM, dmsleight said:

I wonder what trophies will be added.  Last one was 2, but I would guess, with a new mode, there would be trophies for it too...

I don't think so. There was a Challenge mode added and there was no trophies/achievements for these. Well... we can hope this time that in the Specter Knight DLC each Feat is a trophy (just like the PC/XBox achievements were for Plague Knight DLC).

Edited by Max654

• 4 months later...

We got confirmation that the standalone release is gonna have a separate platinum.  Straight from Yacht Club's Twitter.

My guess is that all the single campaigns will have their own separate trophy lists, too [each with a platinum].

Sorry if this was known beforehand, but that's the first confirmation I heard.

Also first post on this forum, yay.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Prequel, actually, and it's releasing as a standalone as well.

I've been playing it on the Switch, it's lots of fun, Specter Knight handles much better than Plague Knight.

Ill be very grateful if this is easier than Plaguies trophies. It kinda sucks that this will have the separate stand-alone list rolled up into what will most likely be another2 trophies but, if it is a lot smoother I'd be willing to purchase the stand alone and do the game proper with a platinum trophy thrown in for good measure!

1 hour ago, MMIB99 said:

It's not standalone on PS3 an PS Vita, though, which are the only PS platforms you play on judging by your profile.

Didn't know that, source?

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Damn, just my luck :shakefist: .

Well, you've had a bunch of years now to Switch switch over to PS4, consider this an extra incentive B)

27 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Their twitter account. Wanted to include a screenshot, but I'm currently utterly confused as to how that works from a phone. Also, the only platform listed on the trophy list is PS4. I'm kind of pissed. I wanted to pick it up for Vita, as I have the physical PS4 version, which is not crossbuy.

On 4/23/2017 at 11:20 AM, BillyHorrible said:

I got ya covered.  From the original announcement:

http://yachtclubgames.com/2017/01/switch-up/

Introducing Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove

Back to the main story! Soon, the game you now know as Shovel Knight will become Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. When that happens, you’ll also have new options to purchase each campaign as separate, standalone games on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC/Mac/Linux, and Nintendo Switch:

Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope – Shovel of Hope is our new name for the original Shovel Knight game, since it needed a title like the others. What do you think!? Rewatch the adventure here.

Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows – Plague Knight’s Campaign emerges from the Shadows to hopefully get some recognition this time! Watch it all here.

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment – Specter of Torment is our most expansive campaign yet. We’re so excited for you to become the reaper! See Specter Knight in action here.

Later in 2017 the following will release (names TBD):

Shovel Knight: King Knight’s Campaign – A crazy campaign with the gilded goob himself!

Shovel Knight: Battle Mode – Duel with up to 4 players as your favorite heroic or villainous knight! (3DS/Vita not included)

Why is this happening? Well, we hope providing less expensive standalone versions will provide better entry points for different types of players! Also, players can more easily grab an adventure (or Battle Mode) on another platform!

All owners of Shovel Knight on all platforms will automatically own Shovel Knight:Treasure Trove instead and will continue to get each of the planned free campaigns and features via updates. It will work exactly like how Shovel Knight was updated to include its first campaign addition, Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows. Don’t worry!

In the spring, we will be raising the price of Shovel Knight. If you haven’t picked up Shovel Knight yet and want all the content included within Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, buy it now before the price increases this Spring! Or pick a selection of the standalone versions for a cheaper price!

Don’t forget King Knight’s very own campaign and the 4-player Battle Mode are still on the horizon for 2017. As described above, they will become available as standalone games on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC/Mac/Linux, and Nintendo Switch and will also be delivered as FREE updates on ALL platforms to Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove. Look forward to more news on these in the future!

Made the relevant parts in red.  YCG are only releasing the standalones on the four most up-to-date platforms because they figured you're most likely to get them on those systems.  It's in their Q&A.  Everyone else tough luck.

BTW, they just tweeted that it's coming 10 AM tomorrow Pacific time for US Playstations and 3DS.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Trying to understand something here, is Plague Knight getting his own standalone game in the end as well? As in, with Specter Knight and King Knight? Or are they just saying that you can play as him in the Treasure Trove?

Every Knight, including Shovel and Plague, will get standalones according to the devs. This because the price of the full game has been increased; with standalones it's easier to just get one and try it out instead of being forced to get the "complete edition" right away.

On 29/04/2017 at 4:57 PM, Sigma999 said:

Can i buy Specter of Torment DLC only since i already have the digital version of Shovel Knight for PS3/Vita ?

I don't get it... You don't have to buy the DLC if you already have Shovel Knight because the only version of Shovel at this point gets all the DLC as well. Specter Of Torment is also available as a standalone but if you have Shovel, then you already get the Specter DLC at no extra cost.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Every Knight, including Shovel and Plague, will get standalones according to the devs. This because the price of the full game has been increased; with standalones it's easier to just get one and try it out instead of being forced to get the "complete edition" right away.

Ah awesome, I mean I do have said complete edition, but honestly? I would love a standalone of Plague Knight, it'll give me a bit more of an incentive to complete his campaign (not platinum though, not that talented).  Hopefully soon enough we'll get his one too.