Is the grind lonely?

wafflestomper810

What do you think psn community? Are those platinums we strive to earn just tedious dregs on our time? Or are they valid choices by the developers to add replay value to the games they work so hard for us to enjoy? Should we have to play a game through three or four times just for that awesome little sound as all our precious time spent gets rewarded (I'm looking at you Borderlands)? Let me know what you think.

I think even if there wasnt any trophy for completing a game multiple times some people would play it many times anyways if they enjoyed it. Same with me, for trophy or not I played through many games 3-4 times because they were fun.

Edited by Hifumi Takimoto

What do you think psn community? Are those platinums we strive to earn just tedious dregs on our time? Or are they valid choices by the developers to add replay value to the games they work so hard for us to enjoy? Should we have to play a game through three or four times just for that awesome little sound as all our precious time spent gets rewarded (I'm looking at you Borderlands)? Let me know what you think.

Every player plays for their own reasons and some strive for trophies, some strive for plats, some strive for 100%s. Some trophies are really easy, some are more tedious, some are nearly impossible, some are definitely impossible.

You know, I've been thinking about this lately when playing AC Rogue. I was looking at all those colletibles and thinking "man, if I wasn't a trophy hunter, I would surely clear this map of everything". Same with Borderlands 2, if I wasn't a trophy hunter, I would have every chcaracter at 72 with OP gear and completed all the challenges there was (located ones included). I think some people are meant to be completionists, trophy hunting is just another aspect of expressing it.

Now that I think about, if I wasn't trophy hunting I would have just beat each of my games and might not have went back to them. Everyone has their reasons for going for trophies and platinums. Long as you are dedicated and willing to achieve the trophies, it will happen but it's up to you. 

The grind is lonely, but for me that's the point. Gaming is my "alone time." If there is a game that has trophies I don't like, I just don't get those trophies. But for a game like The Witcher 3, MGSV, FFX HD, etc. I don't mind spending more time, because it's usually fun for me to meet the dev's challenges.