Magician's Apprentice is buggy

Wenzeldale

I can not get this trophy.
Even tried to start a new game but it was wasted time and when I look at the latest achievers, it clearly shows, that there are people who got this trophy lately.

Does anyone know a way to achieve this? It is so frustrating, because it is the damn last trophy before platinum.

• 2 months later...

I got it! Start a new game on a separate file get to level 4 (floating isles)not using any upgrades and not beating the boss of that  levelso now you will have 5 characters and 10 or more upgrade points back up your save just incase start upgrades at top from left to rightgetting just the top magic and troohy should pop before you get to the end

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

This trophy is really weird. I had to start a second playthrough because it was the one trophy I was missing. As I was advancing through the story and saving up skill points so I could spend them all and get all the level 1 spells at once... randomly, the trophy popped for me when I got to 12 skill points saved (but no spells purchased yet.)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

i got this one by redoing first map with all spells on a hero. just suddenly popped, ultimate wizard might require to start a new save.

as long as ways to fix it, all i found is start a new game, level up to 15 dont use any points or at least have enough to buy all spells on one hero, and use them all at once.

havent tried yet but i will soon

this is from playstationtrophies.org website, a player by the name of chapomon wrote the guide for this game and this is how you're supposed to unlock it: 

""""""""Your heroes will need to be at level 10 in order for them to be able to learn their third spell from Brother Yha. You will get one spell point per level and will need to be at level 12 in order to have all heroes learn their Rank 1 spells and complete The Floating Isles to get all your heroes.

As of patch 1.01, this trophy does not unlock after learning all Rank 1 spells and there doesn't seem to be a reason why as it’s also effecting players of the Steam version. This may be due to players using spell points to buy any Rank 2 spells before getting all the Rank 1 spells but that's my own speculation.

There is a work around available if this does not unlock for you as described by Narutostryfe and OldZcule:

1. Start a new game using a different save slot.
2. Do not spend any of your spell points.
3. Play through to The Floating Isles but do not defeat the boss; you will only have five heroes by now.
4. Grind and level up to level 10.
5. Back your save up either using a USB or the cloud now in case this doesn't work.
6. Head back to the Windwraith and talk to Brother Yha, then start with the left most hero and buy all that hero's Rank 1 spells from top to bottom then move on to the next hero. The trophy should unlock during this process despite only having five heroes. This trophy unlocked for me only after buying all Rank 1 spells for two heroes using this method.""""""""" 

>>>all credit goes to chapomon and the people who helped him put this guide together, I am just copying and pasting here to help the community.

Edited by Soufwar
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

The steps mentioned above worked perfectly for me, perhaps the only thing that I found a bit confusing was the part where in (6) it says "buy all that hero's Rank 1 spells from top to bottom", where in fact there was only one spell available for each character. Still, got the Magician's apprentice trophy when unlocking the spell on the fourth character. 

• 1 month later...

For me that method didn't work.

After getting enough skill points, but not passing floating islands - nothing.

After buying all 1st level skills, but not passing floating islands - nothing.

After buy all 1st level skills for my main characters and passing floating islands I got that throphy on map screen.

• 1 month later...

Method worked for me too. Note when you are upgrading the skills you don’t need to upgrade the ones that have a ‘2’, in fact i’d avoid doing that, just the ones that don’t have a number. 

I got it on my second save when i purchased the first upgrade for my second character (when i spent the 3rd point). 

• 1 year later...