No Death runs

det0xxp

I'm about to start making my no death runs even though I already have the first 3 both light and dark Forest and light Hospital. Saw a youtube video on dark Hospital on YouTube where someone was using the guy and he looks perfect for no death runs at least for this world. What do you guys think?

If I remember correctly I've used the Kid aswel for all my no death runs, except for Cotton Alley since you can only play as Meat Girl. I'd definitely recommend using the kid, mainly because when you mess up a jump you always have another extra jump which can save you. Good luck on the runs!

• Like 3

I used The Kid for everything I could. I'll have a guide up in around 2 weeks with every stage and best strategy I found myself, then I'll open for community to post their methods too. I would wait for that if you aren't in any hurry to complete this. Reason for this is because almost all videos I watched were either SMB or PC characters which were pointless to use or not as good to repeat.

• Like 2

The only thing is that unlocking The Kid is a real and huge pain in the neck, seriously =) Just got him yesterday, man, I thought I would break my Vita in the rage quit. That warp zone is just terrible and thanks god those kind of warp zones, where you unlock new characters, do not have "3 tries" limit per level, otherwise this trophy would be 10 times more ultra rare.

After beating the No Death runs in Cotton Alley I thought that the most difficult part of the game is now behind but how wrong I was. My next goal was Zombie Boy, but after I got stuck in Dark 5-2 (it's extrimily hard to make a jump with SMB in the beginning of the level) I decided to focus on unlocking the new characters and learned the true pain in those warp zones (finished them today, btw), zero stages and collecting the bandages (still have to collect about 40).

So, just wanted to wish you a best of luck in unlocking The Kid and the others =)

Upd. never mind, after giving a look into your profile it appears you don't need any more luck in opening The Kid, since you opened it already long time ago... Well, good luck with the rest of No Death runs then.

Edited by scFlinT-us
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Man no death runs. You know how hard Super Meat boy is for me at least. For me Getting a No death on Cotton Alley world is like trying to cut a slice of bread with a straw. I just can't do it. Congrats to the people who have managed to earn this platinum I tip my hat to them.

20 minutes ago, marvelboy10 said:

Man no death runs. You know how hard Super Meat boy is for me at least. For me Getting a No death on Cotton Alley world is like trying to cut a slice of bread with a straw. I just can't do it. Congrats to the people who have managed to earn this platinum I tip my hat to them.

Just keep practicing! You need to find the easiest ways to do every level and after dying a few hundred or thousand times you can get them all done without dying! I used to think that the hospital dark world was extremely difficult before but today I nailed all 20 levels in a row without dying and got the Blood Clot Boy trophy, believe in yourself!

• Like 3

On 11/12/2016 at 11:37 PM, damienjablonski said:

I got the first 4 no death runs done without the kid.. I still haven't unlocked him and I'm about to do the Salt Factory light world without him..

Horrible idea, you need to 100% the game anyway and doing that before the no death runs unlocks all the characters for you, which ease your path a lot. Getting that done after the 5 world no deaths is like climbing a wall with your own hands and then buying a ladder later.

On 11/12/2016 at 11:47 PM, marvelboy10 said:

Cotton Alley is not that difficult. If you can pull off Rapture Dark, you can E A S I L Y beat this. Not that you are going to beat it in a day or two, but if you have what it takes for one, you absolutely do have what it takes to beat cotton alley. Just practice it over and over again and it will become much easier for you. Maybe change your strategies if you need to.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Horrible idea, you need to 100% the game anyway and doing that before the no death runs unlocks all the characters for you, which ease your path a lot. Getting that done after the 5 world no deaths is like climbing a wall with your own hands and then buying a ladder later.

Unlocking the characters does not help you in worlds #6-7 at all. So in my case I ran through the whole game and stopped on Cotton Alley until I beat it :) But after that yes, I focused on unlocking the characters rather than keep doing the no death runs.

22 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Cotton Alley is not that difficult. If you can pull off Rapture Dark, you can E A S I L Y beat this.

I wouldn't say that, bro. It took me more than 3 weeks of active gameplay until the Impossible Boy popped. And it was less than a week of active gameplay for Zombie Boy. Having the variety of characters to select from does the big difference. Though, maybe it's personal...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scFlinT-us said:

Unlocking the characters does not help you in worlds #6-7 at all. So in my case I ran through the whole game and stopped on Cotton Alley until I beat it :) But after that yes, I focused on unlocking the characters rather than keep doing the no death runs.

I wouldn't say that, bro. It took me more than 3 weeks of active gameplay until the Impossible Boy popped. And it was less than a week of active gameplay for Zombie Boy. Having the variety of characters to select from does the big difference. Though, maybe it's personal...

Cotton alley barely adds to 100% completion, world 6 is pretty quick to complete and doesn't take a lot of effort, plus it doesn't have collectibles and number of deaths is irrelevant, As I made my main point that you agreed upon, 100%ing the game after ironmanning the first 5 worlds is a countereffective.

I'm in my first week of Impossible Boy and I already feel it's pretty close and I'm not even playing that much. I had a huge break for over a month while I had the PS4 here, playing other things. I had to relearn a lot of things there as well. When I did zombie boy, I spent about 10 days straight playing day and night until I pulled it off. I feel like, even though cotton alley levels are harder, they are all meant to be played with the same character so unlike rapture, you are never going to be using the wrong character or being outclassed in any situation. It has been over a month since I played rapture so you actually might be right by saying that, but I do recall that rapture dark was a nightmare to me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

I feel like, even though cotton alley levels are harder, they are all meant to be played with the same character so unlike rapture, you are never going to be using the wrong character or being outclassed in any situation.

Well, agreed with you. Probably I was just lucky enough to relatively quickly find a "key character/strategy" to each stage that was causing problems. Although I did watch some well rated Zombie Boy run on youtube and used some of its tricks in my run, in some stages I eventually switched to other characters that worked better for me.

Edited by scFlinT-us

On 12/19/2016 at 8:12 AM, TheYuriG said:

Cotton alley barely adds to 100% completion, world 6 is pretty quick to complete and doesn't take a lot of effort, plus it doesn't have collectibles and number of deaths is irrelevant, As I made my main point that you agreed upon, 100%ing the game after ironmanning the first 5 worlds is a countereffective.

I'm in my first week of Impossible Boy and I already feel it's pretty close and I'm not even playing that much. I had a huge break for over a month while I had the PS4 here, playing other things. I had to relearn a lot of things there as well. When I did zombie boy, I spent about 10 days straight playing day and night until I pulled it off. I feel like, even though cotton alley levels are harder, they are all meant to be played with the same character so unlike rapture, you are never going to be using the wrong character or being outclassed in any situation. It has been over a month since I played rapture so you actually might be right by saying that, but I do recall that rapture dark was a nightmare to me.

I would still love to see your no death runs how you did it especially with the levels I need been Thinking about coming back and doing a world or two.

2 hours ago, det0xxp said:

I would still love to see your no death runs how you did it especially with the levels I need been Thinking about coming back and doing a world or two.

I got it all recorded and i'll be making the video editing + tutorial for every (but The End) world when I'm done. I'm getting really, really close to finish Cotton Dark and I'll probably need to record it again because I have some really top+ strategy for They Bite, the second level, some extra info for the Patience level and a timer for XOXO. Also some specified pattern for Masterblaster, Thumb, In Line and two others. I think it will be really decent material for anyone looking forward to finish the level with a good strategy and I'll also open up the thread for any other user input strategies.

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2016 at 8:20 AM, TheYuriG said:

I got it all recorded and i'll be making the video editing + tutorial for every (but The End) world when I'm done. I'm getting really, really close to finish Cotton Dark and I'll probably need to record it again because I have some really top+ strategy for They Bite, the second level, some extra info for the Patience level and a timer for XOXO. Also some specified pattern for Masterblaster, Thumb, In Line and two others. I think it will be really decent material for anyone looking forward to finish the level with a good strategy and I'll also open up the thread for any other user input strategies.

If you want you can throw in some of my footage from doing Missile Boy, I think it demonstrates where using The Kid really makes a huge difference.. Until this point it was alright without him but he just made some of the levels here so much easier.. 

Edited by damienjablonski

On December 11, 2016 at 5:47 PM, marvelboy10 said:

The thing is, many people both here on PSNPROFILES and the . org website can't fully finish Super Meat Boy. I look at their profiles and I can already tell they're fairly hardcore based on the number of difficult games they have completed. So already, they're an entire league above me in terms of skill and patience. 

It also helps if you happen to be a kid out of college or is someone in their early 20s, as they have faster reflexes and better hand eye coordination than somebody well in their 30s and 40s. Someone that old is going to have an extremely difficult time with Super Meat Boy. Based on videos I've watched you have to be very precise and quick to time the jumps while avoiding every obstacle. I found that working out and exercising actually helps a lot in having quicker reactions.

Then again, Super Meat Boy can only be achieved by an extreme minority. So to everyone who has the platinum, especially those that got it within a couple weeks, I tip my hat to you all. You deserve it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

It also helps if you happen to be a kid out of college or is someone in their early 20s, as they have faster reflexes and better hand eye coordination than somebody well in their 30s and 40s. Someone that old is going to have an extremely difficult time with Super Meat Boy. Based on videos I've watched you have to be very precise and quick to time the jumps while avoiding every obstacle. I found that working out and exercising actually helps a lot in having quicker reactions.

This is what I lack :lol: