Thoughts on trophies?

TazDevilz1986

This looks like a interesting one. The trophy: Who's the boss? Win against 10 people in online will be a problem and needs to be boosted reminds me also off MX Vs ATV Supercross win against 11 people. Other than that the rest can be boosted easily with 1 partner.

What are your guys thoughts about this trophy list?

Trailer:

Edited by TazDevilz1986

Enjoy the 11 player boost, we did MX vs ATV earlier this year and it required the full pull of the C2 league + friends + 2 randoms, 5 hrs, glitchy server, farken brutal. Never again

The question is: Can the server hold it or not? And in MX Supercross, if someone left the match, you couldn't get the trophy.. I'm looking to get this game for 3 months since it was on the Pre-order website. The older series i never played, but they say they were good. The problem will be the 10 win trophy in Championship, and you get the other 10 win automatically with it if you win that match.

I can't say if the game will be great, it has alot off different things, such as Motorcross, and Motorcycle bikes, tricks and traffic. I really don't hope this game will be like Motorcycle Club or something that game was SHIT. But maybe i'm wrong, many people loved the other series of Motor Racer, so we have to see mate.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1

The list turns me off the game, which was really only a maybe for me anyway.

It's a dumb trophy, and there are a few of them. All the 10 player wins are gonna be a pain, cause lets face it, online will be ghost central on this within days. Add in the 100 online wins, which would probably be a 20 hour boost if 2 people were trading wins (assuming say 10 races/hour), and this will be a very rare plat in all likelihood.

Gets a pass from me.

I understand that it is a racing game, and there is an expectation of online, but I really wonder if the cost of developing and maintaining the MP component gets enough people to buy the game to justify those costs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the way this game rewards you on the career path. You have to "predict" your finish before a race. Predict first place and finish first place, you get all 3 stars. Predict first place and finish outside of first place, you get -3 stars and have to try again. Predict third or second and get first, you only get one or two stars. If you already have one or two stars and go for 3 and fail, you lose all those stars you had and go to -3. Kind of a way of cheating this game into being grinding. I do feel predicting a third place finish makes the AI a bit easier, so predict high scores, AI gets harder...

Game is also glitchy. I got 2 stars on the first challenge (survive for 2:30 minutes) when I tried to go for the three stars (survive for four minutes), the timer simply stopped with 2:26 to go in my countdown, even though I could keep racing. May have to start career mode again just to go for four minutes from the get go. 

All said, I do feel the game has potential. Kinda Burnout-ish on bikes. Haven't tried the dirt bikes yet. Nobody seems to be online, so getting ten players online could be mighty difficult, even for a boosting session. I live in the States (imported the game) and apparently it is getting a release out here on 1/24, so maybe that'll bring out more players...

Edited by DOAsaturn
  • Like 1