PS4 or PS Vita Version?

mr2k_pdh

I'm very interested in purchasing Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remastered, but I'm not quite sure which version I should get. I like the idea of being able to take these large JRPGs with me on the go, but I also would like the option to switch between the original and remastered soundtracks and slightly better visuals. Have the glitches that I've read about the PS4 version, like the audio and RNG bugs, been fixed? Which versions do you prefer and why? Also, I've not played either of these two games before.

I personally haven't played either of these. So gameplay wise, I wouldn't be of much help. Although I'm replying based on what could be more convenient.

A lot the games lately that come out for both the PS4 &Vita, I purchase for the Vita just because imo, it's really convenient. If you're home, you could be in any room playing. If you're traveling, situation is good there as well. I personally prefer Vita versions of stuff over the PS4..

Although like I said, I would recommend what people would have to say about the game play quality of the vita vs the PS4. You could also look up reviews on youtube specifically for the vita version of this game.

It just comes down to personal preference really, I wouldn't say there was a definitive best version. While the option to switch between the original and remastered soundtrack is nice, I much preferred the remastered ones anyway, so I didn't find myself switching between the two at all. I never played it on PS2 though which maybe affects my decision on that, but since you haven't either, I'm sure you won't miss the old soundtrack one bit. The visuals look a little better on PS4, but it's not a night and day difference. On the Vita's small screen, you probably won't really even notice the difference anyway.

I can confirm that they audio looping and RNG issues were fixed on the PS4 version, so that's not a factor anymore. I played on the PS4 version, but I don't think I would of had any less of a good time on Vita. The only time I could see myself having a problem with the Vita version is when you do the chocobo races. It's hard enough to control with the PS4's analogue sticks, so I can imagine it's even worse on the Vita version thanks to the smaller sticks. Oh and I believe for the Vita version, FFX-2 comes as a download code, so make sure if you do get that version, don't buy it used.

Since I'm some kind of Vita fanatic though, I'm obligated to say get the Vita version. :awesome:

Edited by Undead Wolf

I think you go with the PS4 version. Most people forget older RPG's like this have a typical save system where you sometimes go hours between saves, not necessarily the best thing if you're on the go.

That doesn't really matter though when you can just put your Vita in sleep mode and carry on right where you left off later. ;)

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

Do you play more at home? Do you prefer a massive TV and a controller experience?

Or are you the on the go kinda player? Do you commute to work every day and have a lot of free time to play games on the go?

It's one of the two. Nobody is playing games on the Vita because it looks better on that screen. Anybody that says otherwise is a bold face LIAR.

Edited by Valyrious

As a person who has 3 versions of the game (PS4, PS3, and Vita), I like PS4 version because this version is better than other versions. About Vita version, if you like to play game anywhere then go for it, otherwise, I think you should go with PS4 version for better visuals as well as sound. I can't say the big difference between PS4 and Vita since I rarely play Vita game on ...well....Vita, but I play them on PS TV instead....big screen + PS3/PS4 controller => Good gameplay experience.

As DamagingRob mentioned, you have to use redemption code to download FFX-2 since it's digital only for Vita version.

Do you play more at home? Do you prefer a massive TV and a controller experience?

Or are you the on the go kinda player? Do you commute to work every day and have a lot of free time to play games on the go?

It's one of the two. Nobody is playing games on the Vita because it looks better on that screen. Anybody that says otherwise is a bold face LIAR.

As a person who has 3 versions of the game (PS4, PS3, and Vita), I like PS4 version because this version is better than other versions. About Vita version, if you like to play game anywhere then go for it, otherwise, I think you should go with PS4 version for better visuals as well as sound. I can't say the big difference between PS4 and Vita since I rarely play Vita game on ...well....Vita, but I play them on PS TV instead....big screen + PS3/PS4 controller => Good gameplay experience.

As DamagingRob mentioned, you have to use redemption code to download FFX-2 since it's digital only for Vita version.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm still really torn. Ideally, I'd get both--and I still might later on. But, for right now, I'll probably go with whatever version I can find for a cheaper price.

Although this is definitely a point in the PS4 version's favor...

That beautiful OLED screen though, am I right? ;)

It's nice, but not so much outside during the day, which is the Vita's strongest point. If you're playing it while you're at home, like I do, then you're not using your Vita to it's fullest potential.

And my 4K TV destroys the 5 inch screen.

I never finished Final Fantasy X so totally ignore me if you want but can you cross-save? It may be too tedious or not for you but it's always an option.

Pretty sure there's no cross save.

Oh, and just a warning. As much as I like Final Fantasy X, I never finished Final Fantasy X-2 on PS2, and haven't touched it on PS3. It's a very different game!

The Vita is a godsend for RPGs with any sort of grind. Being able to stop/start at any moment helps tremendously for when you start feeling bored.

Have platted FFX on the ps4 with an older account and going for it again on the Vita this time and personally prefer it on the handheld.