NA PSN SALE OF THE DEAD WEEK 2. UNTIL DAWN + more

angelgrievous

This is a different team of ppl making the game. DI was Deep Silver. DL was Techland.

The game is commonly received well and better than DI, by a margin.. leagues.

Most of the popular Youtube reviewers (that are always talked about) also praised the game.

DI =/= DL. You cant base your decision on it since its not a sequel to it nor was made by the same people. Positive reviews and sales and a yr+ of continued dlc support (which the last consisted of an expansion that was technically and factually big enough to be considered a sequel to the game), supports the fact that this is a great game. Objectively speaking, again since you are getting ALL the major DLC, this game is inargubly worth $40.

If I thought limited money was an issue, I would have worded things slightly different but I dont think money is an issue. And I tried to help you. You'll need to look elsewhere for a game below $20, apparantly, and forget about DL, because its easily not going to $20 or below anytime soon. Base version, realistic enough. EE? Definite no. (Id hope you settle for at least $30.) Might as well look into Alien Isolation, Alien Nation, The Evil Within, etc, all games with $20 budgets.

Not to mention these particular developers are among the best for actually giving the fans what they want, listening and asking for feedback and then delivering. The last dlc consisted of many contents that were given birth from fan feedback. (The Buggy and Crossbow have to be the best.)

I thought a lot of the guys that worked on the original Dead Island worked on Dying Light as well, so my bad there.  You make a great case and I don't doubt that Dying Light is worth every penny to many, but I just don't have enough interest in a first person parkour/combat game to want to spend that much.  It is more a genre thing, knowing my own tastes, than a money thing.  For under $20, I will give it a shot as I do have some interest but for more than that, there are games more suited to my personal tastes that I would rather spend the money on.  I do appreciate your opinion though and perhaps, when I do finally get around to it, I will kick myself for not trying it sooner. If that actually happens, I will let you know so you can give me an "I told you so".

I thought a lot of the guys that worked on the original Dead Island worked on Dying Light as well, so my bad there.  You make a great case and I don't doubt that Dying Light is worth every penny to many, but I just don't have enough interest in a first person parkour/combat game to want to spend that much.  It is more a genre thing, knowing my own tastes, than a money thing.  For under $20, I will give it a shot as I do have some interest but for more than that, there are games more suited to my personal tastes that I would rather spend the money on.  I do appreciate your opinion though and perhaps, when I do finally get around to it, I will kick myself for not trying it sooner. If that actually happens, I will let you know so you can give me an "I told you so".

That's the funny thing about the random/surprise/not what you thought factor. DL could be that genre combination that youll end up liking a lot but didnt think you would. The way DL does both these mechanics makes it feel relateable, realistic (to an extent, just like Uncharted to its extent), natural, immersive (which is important for this type of atomospheric game) and satisfying. The controls are responsible and smooth, to. Overall, it "feels" fun tranversing the environment, whether intentionally or if youre trying to get to a certain location. I cant stress enough many of the free updates the game was given made all of the mechanics better: graphics, controls, parkour, framerate, and more. In the head, a parkour zombie game sounds ok but this one is simply amazing. No overhype whatsoever. Its so good I dont see how a sequel can do any vast enough changes to persuade the norm that its a sequel and feels like one.

Some of the guys from them did make up Techland. This happened because of disagreements in game design with the DI IP. DL is the successful attempt (and successor to DI) at the open world zombie game they were trying to create but couldnt because of different visioned comestics between the employees. When the ones who wanted to do things in DI but couldnt, left to form TL, they managed to actually create a (much) better game. And they bolded stated working with DS held them back. Their DL game supports that statement to, heavily.

DS on the other hand managed to even fuck up their remaster DI collection. A good amount of reviews have brung this up and its not recommended as much as good game/collection should be.

DI is essentially your lower budget or poor mans indentical version to the better game its similar to like subpar Mario Kart clones, Smash Bros Clones (PSASBR excluded as its actually decent), etc. You cannot for example compare or stack up DI to DL as you could Tomb Raider to Uncharted, Modnation to Mario Kart, COD to Battlefield, Tekken to Street Fighter.

But yeah, I get it I guess. OT: Still disappointed in this sale. Was expecting at least SOMA OR Alien N. Neither is a serious wtf'.Will have to wait for AN's next sale now.

Avoid the urge to pick up Home cheap. Although it starts good, its "The Lady or the Tiger?" ending kind of ruins everything. Also, the trophies are really glitchy on the PS4.

I'm hoping that Goosebumps can quell my Shadowgate urge.

Falling Skies: The Game and Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL are also a dollar. Both on PS3. Don't know how easy the Plats are, but doesn't get much cheaper than that. Tempted to grab all 3, along with Goosebumps and Psychonauts. 

According to pst.org, Falling Skies is a pretty long game. Surprising that a 40+ hour game is 99 cents. I'll probably pick it up, since I have $1.04 in my wallet currently.

According to pst.org, Falling Skies is a pretty long game. Surprising that a 40+ hour game is 99 cents. I'll probably pick it up, since I have $1.04 in my wallet currently.

Yeah, it is pretty long. I'm not too worried about that, though. As long as it isn't like Tropico 5, where it's a 2/10 for people used to those kinds of games, and an almost unachievable Plat for someone like me. :/ I think it's an Xcom clone, which I haven't played any of(other than the FPS spinoff). But at only a dollar each, I doubt I'll regret buying any of them.

Edited by DamagingRob