NA PSN SALE OF THE DEAD WEEK 2. UNTIL DAWN + more

angelgrievous

I gave in. Ffs. Yolo.

KyPUoyR.png

Can't really go wrong on those choices. I would have gone physical with Uncharted (I actually have it, but still in the backlog...) - but at that point you are basically getting it free if it took you to the $100 plateau.

Sleeping Dogs is a good game, I already did the PS3 version.

I didn't get anything from the sale, but I will be getting Adventure Time, cause you can't ever argue with a $1 platinum :D

At first glance, it didn't seem like a good sale, but I'll be definitely picking up 7 Days To Die, Emily Wants To Play, The Bunker, and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. If you haven't played Zombie Driver HD, pick it up. It's a fun game, pretty easy platinum, and you'll definitely get your money's worth. Zombie Army Trilogy is a fantastic game as well, great co-op fun, and even more so if you enjoyed the Sniper Elite series.

I'm surprised The Park has not been on sale since it's release. I'm also surprised that there a re a lot of non-horror games in both of these sales, where I can think of quite a few that could've been added that aren't in every other sale.

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US

How good is MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies? I never played any of the Hyperdimension games, but this one catches my attention.

Well, I may get the Blanc+Neptune and/or Estival Versus.

It has Plutia, brilliant :awesome:

A bit repetitive and grindy as you would expect from Neps, but it's a nice Dynasty Warriors game.

However, starting Neps with spin-off is not really a good idea...

Can't really go wrong on those choices. I would have gone physical with Uncharted (I actually have it, but still in the backlog...) - but at that point you are basically getting it free if it took you to the $100 plateau.

Sleeping Dogs is a good game, I already did the PS3 version.

I didn't get anything from the sale, but I will be getting Adventure Time, cause you can't ever argue with a $1 platinum :D

Only reason I bought 'em. It isn't that I will even play them, I just wanted that free $15, which I'm sure will pay for a game by itself when the Black Friday sales come. I do prefer digital to physical though. Size is the same, it's not like we're saving space by going physical, and I don't loan out or sell my games, so the need to have physical isn't all that extravagant to me.

Thankfully I haven't played any of those four games. I played up to like chapter 8 of Uncharted 1 on the PS3, but that's it. Sleeping Dogs should definitely be fun, especially since I'm very fond of True Crime Streets of LA.

Just noticed Adventure Time: the Secret of the Nameless Kingdom for the PS Vita is on for $1.50. Looks like an easy, cheap platinum.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/games/adventure-time-the-secret-of-the-nameless-kingdom/cid=UP2089-PCSE00582_00-ADVENTURETIMEPAK

Nice. Thanks for info. Will pick it up + Goosebumps...

oh btw, it is not an easy plat IMO. The No Upgrade Run is quite challenging at some points.

Just noticed Adventure Time: the Secret of the Nameless Kingdom for the PS Vita is on for $1.50. Looks like an easy, cheap platinum.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/games/adventure-time-the-secret-of-the-nameless-kingdom/cid=UP2089-PCSE00582_00-ADVENTURETIMEPAK

Falling Skies: The Game and Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL are also a dollar. Both on PS3. Don't know how easy the Plats are, but doesn't get much cheaper than that. Tempted to grab all 3, along with Goosebumps and Psychonauts. 

Falling Skies: The Game and Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL are also a dollar. Both on PS3. Don't know how easy the Plats are, but doesn't get much cheaper than that. Tempted to grab all 3, along with Goosebumps and Psychonauts. 

A quick look shows that Cartoon Network game has a fairly high average (an average of 45-50%). The other one, not so much. Something to keep in mind.

A quick look shows that Cartoon Network game has a fairly high average (an average of 45-50%). The other one, not so much. Something to keep in mind.

Well, both sound pretty easy, according to their respective trophy guides. It doesn't really matter to me, though. I would be buying them simply because they're a dollar. xD 

The 2 Weeks Sale was pretty disappointing, especially compared to previous years. Why wasn't Alien Nation up here, just as one example? Another, where was SOMA and The Park? Even though SOMA was in a sale a few months ago, it was very fitting for Halloween, especially if it was cheaper even by $1-2. That and Alien Nation would have been purchased by me.

Dying Light seems to be retaining it's value better than I thought it would.  I figured it would be $20 a few months after release but even used copies of the vanilla version go for $25.  Guess I will keep watching and waiting.

That's because it's an awesome game and sold over 5 million. Attempting to keep this short, it's a crime to get it for anything below $40. It has enough content and is mechanically built well enough to buy at its price. (Whoops.) Unlike the original Dying Light, the Enhanced Edition (which the base game is no different from excluding DLC) brings all of the DLC and does not contain the major issues Dying Light had in the beginning. This version, for argument sake, alone is worth $60 because it brings all of the DLC. The Last of Us Remastered deserves to be $20-30 because its replay-value is nowhere near as high as Dying Light's.

You would be lucky to even find this any lower than $30, including on Black Friday. Lower than $30 is unrealistic, especially with the original still lingering around to which they can't have the supreme version rivaling the base game's price. Base version may become $20 via some upcoming sale, but the EE is definitely not going under $30 any time soon. The base game is still $30 in the places that matter, you got to be realistic and do the math here. You just need to buy the game now, while it's below $40 and will not charge tax. You're lucky it's still not at $60 or even $50. It got two price drops, that's damn well good enough for this collection.

Dying Light is still soooo expensive. I wonder when it will hit $20 and below

It really isn't. This is the game with all its DLC + The Free Updates (which the base game has to). Not to mention this game is still fairly new, being a 2016 game. It's not like other enhanced games where they've been out for at least a year or two.This is objectively a great price, a little too cheap imo, but generally is a great price for the package you get. $40 is extremely fair game here.

Side note: I have over 200 hrs put into this game, and the time involved there includes POST-Platinum. (I could never support this version even being decided to become $30.. that's how great it is. Save money < buy game at a price that it deserves to be purchased at or its price is fine where its at now.)

The 2 Weeks Sale was pretty disappointing, especially compared to previous years. Why wasn't Alien Nation up here, just as one example? Another, where was SOMA and The Park? Even though SOMA was in a sale a few months ago, it was very fitting for Halloween, especially if it was cheaper even by $1-2. That and Alien Nation would have been purchased by me.

That's because it's an awesome game and sold over 5 million. Attempting to keep this short, it's a crime to get it for anything below $40. It has enough content and is mechanically built well enough to buy at its price. (Whoops.) Unlike the original Dying Light, the Enhanced Edition (which the base game is no different from excluding DLC) brings all of the DLC and does not contain the major issues Dying Light had in the beginning. This version, for argument sake, alone is worth $60 because it brings all of the DLC. The Last of Us Remastered deserves to be $20-30 because its replay-value is nowhere near as high as Dying Light's.

You would be lucky to even find this any lower than $30, including on Black Friday. Lower than $30 is unrealistic, especially with the original still lingering around to which they can't have the supreme version rivaling the base game's price. Base version may become $20 via some upcoming sale, but the EE is definitely not going under $30 any time soon. The base game is still $30 in the places that matter, you got to be realistic and do the math here. You just need to buy the game now, while it's below $40 and will not charge tax. You're lucky it's still not at $60 or even $50. It got two price drops, that's damn well good enough for this collection.

We all have different priorities and preferences when it comes to spending our limited resources (time and money).  I am glad you found so much enjoyment and value out of Dying Light, but for a variety of reasons I am not willing to give it a shot for more than $20 (for instance, I found Dead Island to be rather forgettable).  If it hits my target price, that is awesome.  If not, there are plenty of other games to play.

• Like 2

We all have different priorities and preferences when it comes to spending our limited resources (time and money). I am glad you found so much enjoyment and value out of Dying Light, but for a variety of reasons I am not willing to give it a shot for more than $20 (for instance, I found Dead Island to be rather forgettable). If it hits my target price, that is awesome. If not, there are plenty of other games to play.

This is a different team of ppl making the game. DI was Deep Silver. DL was Techland.

The game is commonly received well and better than DI, by a margin.. leagues.

Most of the popular Youtube reviewers (that are always talked about) also praised the game.

DI =/= DL. You cant base your decision on it since its not a sequel to it nor was made by the same people. Positive reviews and sales and a yr+ of continued dlc support (which the last consisted of an expansion that was technically and factually big enough to be considered a sequel to the game), supports the fact that this is a great game. Objectively speaking, again since you are getting ALL the major DLC, this game is inargubly worth $40.

If I thought limited money was an issue, I would have worded things slightly different but I dont think money is an issue. And I tried to help you. You'll need to look elsewhere for a game below $20, apparantly, and forget about DL, because its easily not going to $20 or below anytime soon. Base version, realistic enough. EE? Definite no. (Id hope you settle for at least $30.) Might as well look into Alien Isolation, Alien Nation, The Evil Within, etc, all games with $20 budgets.

Not to mention these particular developers are among the best for actually giving the fans what they want, listening and asking for feedback and then delivering. The last dlc consisted of many contents that were given birth from fan feedback.

Edited by Mar