Did I screw myself?

Stargazer2600

Ok, so i went though the whole game. got the "best ending" and did trophy cleanup, went though and got the "bad ending"  and in total i got around 6-8 of the 18 endings needed (really they are epilouges but the game calls them endings). Now I wasnt 100% sure how this game did saves. I thought once you unlocked a chapter, it remained unlocked. but when i hit new game so i could do the perfect crime trophy i really didnt feel like doing the prologue (training basically) so i exited to the menu, went to chapters and....it's all gone

So my question is, now do i have to do ALL my work again and get all those endings back first? or whats up here?

You hit new game? You can do everything with chapter select. The only issue is you have to go back near the beginning of the game for a couple of the endings.

i know it was stupid but i thought when you wanted to start over, you would click new game :/

You have Playstation plus.  Any chance you can grab an old save from the cloud?

not sure if it saved to the cloud, ill look though

Did you overwrite the savefile which had all your endings?

Just go to savefiles in the main menu and see if it's there

yeah i over wrote it :/ no cloud save so i gotta do it all again. its ok though, its gonna allow me a oppertunity to get a few trophies a i missed the first time

Oh man, that's a bummer then.  I really liked this game but getting the plat wasn't very fun at all.

so i have a question. If i unlock all the chapters and then go to a earlier chapter and say beat the game again but madison dies, will i lose all her unlocked chapters? since each playthough overwrites and to save the unlocked endings i need it to overwrite.

so i have a question. If i unlock all the chapters and then go to a earlier chapter and say beat the game again but madison dies, will i lose all her unlocked chapters? since each playthough overwrites and to save the unlocked endings i need it to overwrite.

You will not lose any endings if you replay via chapter select but you will change your save to the latest play through (certain scenes may or may not be available) unless you choose not to save progress.  Unlocked endings will be still saved.  You can play via chapter select and not save anything but you would have to play through in one sitting to get "Perfect Crime" for example.

You will not lose any endings if you replay via chapter select but you will change your save to the latest play through (certain scenes may or may not be available) unless you choose not to save progress.  Unlocked endings will be still saved.  You can play via chapter select and not save anything but you would have to play through in one sitting to get "Perfect Crime" for example.

I can confirm, you may have to replay a good chunk of game (you need to anyway for a certain ending) but any endings you already have aren't erased.