Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls on PS4 in 2017!

Don't suppress that voice! That voice is completely right!

If they didn't want to get Vita, they didn't want to play the games enough :awesome:

Well, it's going to end up on PC one way or another so it's probably irrelevant to think that way anyway.

Haha, I can't argue with that because I totally agree. :giggle: The Danganronpa series was one of the main driving forces behind me getting a Vita in the first place and I don't regret a thing. ^_^

In fact, I don't know how you could look at the Vita's library of (non-existent) games and not want to get one. Clearly they don't appreciate the games like we do.

Come on, we all know PC is an irrelevant platform. :awesome:

Nobody plays games on that thing. It's all about those powerpoint presentations and spreadsheets. :P

But I want the limited edition, also I heard the controls were terrible for the Vita.

I didn't find the controls on Vita to be bad at all. I'm not even saying that just because I'm some crazy Vita fanatic. I seriously don't understand that complaint. :P

Ah, so there are others out there that share my love for the game. I'm glad to hear it! ^_^ I honestly don't understand why the game gets so much flak. I guess because it plays a lot differently compared to the main games. It's definitely one of the better spin-offs I've ever played though.

We Vita owners know that bittersweet feeling well. This isn't the first time we've had an exclusive taken from us. -_- Of course I'm always happy to see a series I love get more exposure. The more people who get to play these games, the better. There's a voice deep down inside of my though cursing them for not picking up a Vita in the first place. They don't deserve these games! :shakefist: Of course that would be selfish though, so I try and suppress that voice. :P

I probably wouldn't get the game day one either since I already own it, but I missed out on the limited edition the first time around, and I don't want to let it pass me by again.

No, it's not that they don't like the game, it's more that most people who I've seen talk about Another Episode consider it to be well below the main games in terms of quality. I for one love the game and think it's worthy of standing side by side with the main entries to the series.

I mean I get that the gameplay (or rather, the genre) wasn't ideal, but it was still good for what it was and the story was on par for the series. Loved it.

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS

I mean I get that the gameplay (or rather, the genre) wasn't ideal, but it was still good for what it was and the story was on par for the series. Loved it.

I'm glad to hear it. I thought the genre was perfect for the kind of story that game wanted to tell. I remember watching an interview with the writer/creator and he mentioned wanting to create an action game as it could show the outside world in a way that a visual novel never could. We only heard about what was happening outside in the previous games, but with this game, we can actually experience it for ourselves. I loved the new perspective on things.

If anyone is interested, this is the interview I'm talking about.

I'd definitely recommend any Danganronpa fan to check it out.

Edited by Undead Wolf

• 6 months later...

Yay, a separate trophy list for the PS4 version! I actually liked this game, maybe not as much as 1 and 2, but I still enjoyed it, so I'm definitely gonna get it again sometime. I think I'll marathon the entire series once V3 comes out. :dance:

Edited by cr1s

Just now, DoucetDudes said:

Is it worth it for the story? I watched a few trailers and I'm really not digging the TPS gameplay of despair girls.

It's worth it if you're a DR fan. The gameplay is a little bit rough around the edges, but it still has that Danganronpa story/feel/atmosphere.

1 minute ago, xZoneHunter said:

It's worth it if you're a DR fan. The gameplay is a little bit rough around the edges, but it still has that Danganronpa story/feel/atmosphere.

Hmm good to know. Now I'm seriously considering it. I just finished DR2 and am currently watching the anime. I can't get enough of this world.

2 hours ago, DoucetDudes said:

Is it worth it for the story? I watched a few trailers and I'm really not digging the TPS gameplay of despair girls.

Yes, absolutely. You get a much better idea of the state the outside world is in by playing this game that couldn't really be achieved in a Visual Novel. As for the gameplay, I had no complaints. I actually quite enjoyed it. The emphasis is definitely on the story though. You'll be watching just as many cutscenes and solving puzzles than you will be shooting enemies.

34 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yes, absolutely. You get a much better idea of the state the outside world is in by playing this game that couldn't really be achieved in a Visual Novel. As for the gameplay, I had no complaints. I actually quite enjoyed it. The emphasis is definitely on the story though. You'll be watching just as many cutscenes and solving puzzles than you will be shooting enemies.

Now I'm really torn. I read a detailed plot summary for the whole game a few days ag. This was before before this was announced but I still know the major plot beats. I might pick it up just to fill in what I missed. Didn't know there were puzzles though. That's awesome :D