Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls on PS4 in 2017!

Pupupupu... Final announcement of the week!

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls will be arriving on the PlayStation 4 as both a physical and digital release in 2017 in Europe.

About the Game:

Komaru Naegi is a normal girl, the kind you can find anywhere. She was taken from her family and imprisoned in an apartment during The Tragedy. Even after a year and a half, she has not managed to escape. Komaru has almost completely abandoned hope and has grown to accept her imprisoned life. But one morning, she was forced to learn an even deeper despair when someone suddenly broke down her front door. But it wasn't a hero or a savior...

It was a Monokuma.

After escaping from the merciless Monokuma, Komaru is surprised to see the outside world, a world she hasn't seen in one and a half years. It has become a world of despair, where children controlling Monokumas ruthlessly hunt down adults. Her only hope of survival is the Hacking Gun, given to her by a mysterious stranger, and a girl by the name of Toko Fukawa.

Key Features:

• Our Two Heroines – The protagonists of this adventure are two girls, Komaru Naegi and Toko Fukawa. They meet under strange circumstances in Towa City, a city ruled by despair, and end up unlikely traveling companions. Komaru, with her megaphone-like Hacking Gun, and Toko, with her other personality Genocide Jack, are ready to face any assault despair sends their way.
  • Hacking Gun – The Hacking Gun is a special weapon that can shoot 8 different kinds of Truth Bullets including "Move," "Dance," and "Break." Each bullet has a unique effect on Monokumas, and some even interact with the environment. In addition to taking down Monokumas, there are also puzzles, riddles, and rewards for exploration.
  • Towa City – Towa City, the setting for the game, is ruled by Towa Group, a global IT corporation with cutting-edge technology. The town is built on an island of reclaimed land, and includes Towa Group's head office, skyscrapers, factories, and businesses. Towa Group is widely respected for contributing to the effort to rebuild the world, most notably by developing the air purifier that has been effective at cleaning the air after The Tragedy.
  • Monokumas and Monokuma Kids – White and black bear-shaped robots, also known as "Monokumas," have suddenly appeared in Towa City to attack adults. In addition, children wearing Monokuma helmets called "Monokuma Kids" have been rioting and terrorizing the adults in the town alongside the Monokumas.

Limited Edition Includes:

• Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (PlayStation®4)

• 32 page, hardcover art book

• 15 track, single disc original soundtrack with jewel case

• Collector's box

• Warriors of Hope 4.5" Diameter Tie Clip

• Warriors of Hope Pin

• Kurokuma Tie

• Kurokuma Eyepatch

drae_u3d-fullset_final_1.jpg

Trailer:

Some screenshots:

15138322_10153822073821895_8359455629439

15167548_10153822074416895_3141744912065

15167445_10153822074346895_3090112790609

14991318_10153822074271895_3323317389286

15123015_10153822074521895_7368470922725

15137553_10153822074596895_9223289218332

15167718_10153822074621895_8881105198451

15068876_10153822074701895_8060350906380

15068906_10153822074726895_7803950542112

PERSONA!

15122987_10153822074861895_6571507841162

15128809_10153822074891895_9161004920309

Edited by Polydeuces
  • Like 1

Haha, I called it ever since I heard Reload was coming to PS4! Nice to know that people with a PS4 will be able to play all these games now. Totally getting this Day 1, as always. I imagine that V3 won't be coming out in the west until the Fall now, after all three main series games, which is fine honestly.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem

I know this one gets a lot of flack but I still liked it for what it was. As a shooter it's pretty clunky and mundane, but I honestly think this one has the most messed up story in the Danganronpa series. And that's saying a lot. Maaaaybe I'll pick it up.

It's pretty depressing that the LE is exactly the same, I think. They had left overs of the previous one, so I think the same will happen here. I'll probably just wait a while for them to drop the price on the CE.

It's rather Sad to see that they ahve to make PS4 Version of the games to make them Sell in the West...

But Oh well I'll just wait when out for all the people complaining to playing it and don't understand nothing because they skipped the others :P

Personally still waiting for the 2Nd on sale on Vita and even this one it just went like twice for 25 € still too much.

It's rather Sad to see that they ahve to make PS4 Version of the games to make them Sell in the West...

But Oh well I'll just wait when out for all the people complaining to playing it and don't understand nothing because they skipped the others :P

Personally still waiting for the 2Nd on sale on Vita and even this one it just went like twice for 25 € still too much.

I hope you're not serious with that statement. The games sold exceedingly well in the west, specifically 1 and 2. They aren't putting them on PS4 because of sales, they're doing so to broaden the audience so more people have an opportunity to play the games before the next entry comes out.

It seems like I'm one of the few people who actually loved this game. Sure, it's not as good as a main entry to the series, but not much is. That doesn't make this game any less awesome. I really enjoyed my time with it.

I was hoping they would let Vita keep at least one exclusive in the series, but I guess not. :S I don't know how well the game will translate to console, because it surely can't compare with the mechanics of other console third person shooters. It was perfect on Vita though.

Well like Danganronpa 1-2 Reload, I'll of course buy this because I love the series so much. I'm hoping to pick up the limited edition of both. I hope all of the games have separate trophy lists too. I'd love to platinum them again. :)

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

It seems like I'm one of the few people who actually loved this game. Sure, it's not as good as a main entry to the series, but not much is. That doesn't make this game any less awesome. I really enjoyed my time with it.

I was hoping they would let Vita keep at least one exclusive in the series, but I guess not. :S I don't know how well the game will translate to console, because it surely can't compare with the mechanics of other console third person shooters. It was perfect on Vita though.

that makes 2 of us in that few ... AE is my personal fave among the 3 Dangan games so far xD

My initial thought when I've heard the news. It is a bit bittersweet for me, bummed that one less game to be Vita exclusive and at the same time glad that more people could finally know and play the game. 

Anyway, would definitely get this game for sure... Day 1 purchase?errr..probably not.

Edited by JaM

Well like Danganronpa 1-2 Reload, I'll of course buy this because I love the series so much. I'm hoping to pick up the limited edition of both. I hope all of the games have separate trophy lists too. I'd love to platinum them again. :)

Is this not liked by Danganronpa fans? Because I'd say you're not one if you don't like this game. It was fantastic and a welcome member of the franchise.

that makes 2 of us in that few ... AE is my personal fave among the 3 Dangan games so far xD

My initial thought when I've heard the news. It is a bit bittersweet for me, bummed that one less game to be Vita exclusive and at the same time glad that more people could finally know and play the game. 

Anyway, would definitely get this game for sure... Day 1 purchase?errr..probably not.

Ah, so there are others out there that share my love for the game. I'm glad to hear it! ^_^ I honestly don't understand why the game gets so much flak. I guess because it plays a lot differently compared to the main games. It's definitely one of the better spin-offs I've ever played though.

We Vita owners know that bittersweet feeling well. This isn't the first time we've had an exclusive taken from us. -_- Of course I'm always happy to see a series I love get more exposure. The more people who get to play these games, the better. There's a voice deep down inside of my though cursing them for not picking up a Vita in the first place. They don't deserve these games! :shakefist: Of course that would be selfish though, so I try and suppress that voice. :P

I probably wouldn't get the game day one either since I already own it, but I missed out on the limited edition the first time around, and I don't want to let it pass me by again.

Is this not liked by Danganronpa fans? Because I'd say you're not one if you don't like this game. It was fantastic and a welcome member of the franchise.

No, it's not that they don't like the game, it's more that most people who I've seen talk about Another Episode consider it to be well below the main games in terms of quality. I for one love the game and think it's worthy of standing side by side with the main entries to the series.

• Like 1

Ah, so there are others out there that share my love for the game. I'm glad to hear it! ^_^ I honestly don't understand why the game gets so much flak. I guess because it plays a lot differently compared to the main games. It's definitely one of the better spin-offs I've ever played though.

There's a voice deep down inside of my though cursing them for not picking up a Vita in the first place. They don't deserve these games! :shakefist: Of course that would be selfish though, so I try and suppress that voice. :P

Don't suppress that voice! That voice is completely right!

If they didn't want to get Vita, they didn't want to play the games enough :awesome:

Well, it's going to end up on PC one way or another so it's probably irrelevant to think that way anyway.

I would say it's more like it's inferior to the main ones but still enough likable.

Something like Zero Time Dilemma =D

I was going to get on my PSVita but the PS4 Limited Edition sound very tempting 

Get it on Vita, do a proper thing! :D