Tales of Berseria got censored.

Hadeshii

Mah i guess i don't understand that the Rating in the US has such a huge matter in the market. I Don't know in all europe but here in italy it's pretty i don't know useless? I saw People working at gamestop selling a 12 years old GTA 5 without any kind of problems for Example, showing that Rating 18+ in the end it's just a number that who wants cares.

2 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

Mah i guess i don't understand that the Rating in the US has such a huge matter in the market. I Don't know in all europe but here in italy it's pretty i don't know useless? I saw People working at gamestop selling a 12 years old GTA 5 without any kind of problems for Example, showing that Rating 18+ in the end it's just a number that who wants cares.

I'm pretty sure it's the same everywhere.

Apart from Germany and Australia obviously :D Since those games usually don't even come out there xD

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I'm pretty sure it's the same everywhere.

Apart from Germany and Australia obviously :D Since those games usually don't even come out there xD

Yeah i really don't understand how some Companies still think it helps in the sales, especially Bandai, the other Tales of were never censored -_-

Yeah Well Germany poor guys they don't even get some games, Australia that's one of the reason i'll never live there xD They cesnor a lot of stuff not even talking about games only, indeed most of the australian people i've met on the net import their games :P

i like the english version better, but i have 1 problem with that scene. i dont like how that girl tries to rescue him. that killed guy was already falling down before she was even freeing herself and then that guy was flying in the center of the hole. how can she even reach him? its also realy stupid how she gets that power boost to free herself after he is dead. i mean come on that shit is supposed to happen before he dies. it would had been better if she was just crying while being chained by the flames in my opinion.

On 12/11/2016 at 10:45 PM, Gokai Yellow said:

But I still don't get why they have different scenes?

I know this thread is getting long in the tooth, but if I had to guess:

There is a difference in seeing a child impaled by an adult on a sword, and seeing a child killed(?) by some weird magic ritual. Why? Because children can be impaled on swords in our real world, whereas some weird magic ritual lay wholly in the realm of make-believe.

Like it or not, "triggers" are a very real concern in Western countries.

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

There is a difference in seeing a child impaled by an adult on a sword, and seeing a child killed(?) by some weird magic ritual. Why? Because children can be impaled on swords in our real world, whereas some weird magic ritual lay wholly in the realm of make-believe.

Like it or not, "triggers" are a very real concern in Western Gaming Companies.

*Fixed

Let's be honest it's mostly that, i don't see Rockstar doing problems in his games or Xseed having to censor half game like Nisa.

2 hours ago, Myu said:

Nobody wants censorship.

Then developer shouldn't put censorship on their own game if they don't want it.

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Like it or not, "triggers" are a very real concern in Western countries.

So you think there are children play those kind of games besides like Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto, even they are violence and appropriate that would happen in our real world? That doesn't even make sense!! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

*Fixed

Let's be honest it's mostly that, i don't see Rockstar doing problems in his games or Xseed having to censor half game like Nisa.

Well in Rockstar's case, do you see any kids in those games for you to run over? I think kids dying is a pretty touchy subject. It's okay to have it in "adult" shows like Game of Thrones but the interactive element of gaming gets people's panties in a bind on that subject. In this case it might have been more of a "this won't get a T rating, so let's proactively change it" decision. 

On 12/12/2016 at 10:26 AM, Sora9427 said:

It doesn't make a real difference in sales as far as I can tell (except for a few discerning parents who actually read labels). I think it's mostly for CYA (i.e. Cover Your Ass). Publishers don't want to have potential lawsuits on their hands, and the US is very prone to lawsuits. We always want somebody to be punished when a tragedy happens, it's in our cultural DNA. 

As for myself, I don't like censorship as a general rule but I understand it's a reality (like many things I don't like). When it's a minor change like this it just doesn't bother me. It certainly wouldn't stop me from making a purchase. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

On 12/8/2016 at 5:22 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Ugh, fuck censorship of any kind. The Japanese version has a much bigger impact. I mean what the hell is even happening in the English version!? This is so lame.

This is the west we're talking about. A place where having people's heads blown off or guts ripped out in a game is totally cool, but a panty shot!? That's crossing a line.:facepalm:

i know weird isnt it. violence is good sexuality is bad. we in the west are so screwed up i want BOTH my violence and sexuality

in all seriousness i do believe that censorship should be based on the person not the country. as Dragon said we should have the choice especially in a so-called "Free country"

Edited by DarkHarmonixer

8 hours ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

i know weird isnt it. violence is good sexuality is bad. we in the west are so screwed up i want BOTH my violence and sexuality

in all seriousness i do believe that censorship should be based on the person not the country. as Dragon said we should have the choice especially in a so-called "Free country"

The day they make an Option when you start the game and let you choose between "Cesnored Version" "Original Version" will be a bright wonderful day!