Multiplayer is unplayable nowadays. And has been for the past 2 years.

Taylor

What's up everyone ?

I'm making this quick topic to rant about how the MP is totally unplayable, ruined by hackers left, right and center.

For the past 2 years, I've been running into hackers almost every single game.

For someone like me that tries to have a legit combat record, that cares about W/L ratio and all that, I have no choice but to stop playing Black Ops II due to the enormous amount of modders in lobbies.

Just to be clear, I don't have anything against people that uses mods in non-game ruining ways, e.g : fun little mini-games or fun things that makes you and your friend have a good laugh and all that. But the problem is that 99% of all modders in the game are just here to use aimbots and mods that ruins the game.

I don't get how they can be thinking "Oh, today, I will get on and activate my aimbot and just shoot through walls all day long ! That's gonna be a fun and productive day !".

BUT THE WORST, OH MAN, THE WORST are those motherf****s that make your PS3 freeze for no reason whatsoever.

Yersteday I was in a lobby with a friend, and for no reason, he made us both freeze.

It happened to me so many times now, and a lot of times, it was i FFA.

OOOOOHHH MAN, let's talk about FFA.

You see, on one profile where I don't care about W/L and my stats, I trickshot. Right.

But the thing is, people will use their goddamn mod menu to get to 29 instantly and then use aimbot to hit a shitty 1080 topsin and only 360 in the air. Pathetic.

THE WORST is when they don't use aimbot, they will FREEZE YOUR CHARACTER in a certain spot, setting you up.

Knowing that you can't get in teams using setup clips and faked clips, there's no reason to do so. But they still do.

Plus, I got a recording device (Avermedia GL310), so I can record them hacking whenever I want and have proof that they fake clips.

ANNNNNNND if they do neither of these, they will make your PS3 FREEZE because you killed them or you're close to getting to 29. Even if you're a trickshoter yourself.

Or you will lag out the lobby and see that little message "player has been kicked".

Not only making the PS3 freeze is bad for the system itself as you can't turn it off normally and have to use the switch behind it or unplug it to turn it off, but it completely ruins your gaming experience.

And then these kid talk shit to you when they are the cancer of the CoD community.

Sorry for that rant, but I had to say it. It's been pissing me off for the past 2 years.

Have a great day everyone.

And if you wanna party up, add furryTay !

I've had luck with HC game modes and League Mode in GMT +2. Only ran to a few matches a day into those lobbies that has that slow walk thing.

EDIT: Seriously if you want to still enjoy playing old CODs, you gotta look for the modes that have less than 50 players on the game mode. Core public is a hellhole not worth trying at all.

Edited by totallycrushed
  • Like 1

I haven't seen that many hackers in Black Ops 2, but they are all over the place in MW1, WAW, and BO1. Hackers use god mode a lot, and hack peoples prestiges but it's not like Activision really gives a fuck about the community anyways. Activision just added supply drops in the MW1 remaster, and added new weapons in BO3 but they won't patch all of the problems those games have.

Edited by Grunking1212

My dude. I get where you're coming from with the modders. That's why I stopped playing in like July of this year. I occasionally play on an alt, but never my main because I don't want my stats getting messed with again.

A long time ago, I was in a Domination game and got the 1st kill of the game. That counted for something like 100 million points. So my score ended something like 2800 SPM. I got it down to 2200 later, but it's still ludicrously high. My score wasn't anything special before (350+ SPM range.) I was mad. For a couple reasons. People would see that and assume I modded my way to my stats. Then assume I wasn't legit and report me. I had something like 150k kills at the time. Then getting an unfair amount of points. It just wasn't satisfying at all  compared to actually getting them legit. You know what I mean?

But when I stopped playing around July. I don't remember lots of modders or aimbotters in game. I would run into them every 20 or so games. But nothing overkill. I primarily played TDM and and maybe some Dom. I only played outside of TDM very rarely. Sounds like you got some real bad luck in matchmaking. REAL bad luck. Reminds me of MW2 post-2012.

I thought the MP was fine the past couple years. It had some problems (aimbot users,) but never game breaking. Although I got a kick running into aimbot users because I always had a class I would use to troll them, even though for me it was rare to run into them. Mic users on the other team were my favorite because I could hear them get mad. Especially after they killed me, I would immediately kill them again using the Tac Insert.

Regarding the freezing, have you tried holding the power button for 15 seconds? It should power down after that. If you did know. My bad fam.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, furryTay said:

What's up everyone ?

I'm making this quick topic to rant about how the MP is totally unplayable, ruined by hackers left, right and center.

For the past 2 years, I've been running into hackers almost every single game.

For someone like me that tries to have a legit combat record, that cares about W/L ratio and all that, I have no choice but to stop playing Black Ops II due to the enormous amount of modders in lobbies.

Just to be clear, I don't have anything against people that uses mods in non-game ruining ways, e.g : fun little mini-games or fun things that makes you and your friend have a good laugh and all that. But the problem is that 99% of all modders in the game are just here to use aimbots and mods that ruins the game.

I don't get how they can be thinking "Oh, today, I will get on and activate my aimbot and just shoot through walls all day long ! That's gonna be a fun and productive day !".

BUT THE WORST, OH MAN, THE WORST are those motherf****s that make your PS3 freeze for no reason whatsoever.

Yersteday I was in a lobby with a friend, and for no reason, he made us both freeze.

It happened to me so many times now, and a lot of times, it was i FFA.

OOOOOHHH MAN, let's talk about FFA.

You see, on one profile where I don't care about W/L and my stats, I trickshot. Right.

But the thing is, people will use their goddamn mod menu to get to 29 instantly and then use aimbot to hit a shitty 1080 topsin and only 360 in the air. Pathetic.

THE WORST is when they don't use aimbot, they will FREEZE YOUR CHARACTER in a certain spot, setting you up.

Knowing that you can't get in teams using setup clips and faked clips, there's no reason to do so. But they still do.

Plus, I got a recording device (Avermedia GL310), so I can record them hacking whenever I want and have proof that they fake clips.

ANNNNNNND if they do neither of these, they will make your PS3 FREEZE because you killed them or you're close to getting to 29. Even if you're a trickshoter yourself.

Or you will lag out the lobby and see that little message "player has been kicked".

Not only making the PS3 freeze is bad for the system itself as you can't turn it off normally and have to use the switch behind it or unplug it to turn it off, but it completely ruins your gaming experience.

And then these kid talk shit to you when they are the cancer of the CoD community.

Sorry for that rant, but I had to say it. It's been pissing me off for the past 2 years.

Have a great day everyone.

And if you wanna party up, add furryTay !

I get where you're coming from, but try other gamemodes. Free For All and Domination are where most modding goes on. And yes, not all modding is bad, since you can find cool custom gamemodes like Zombieland, Floor is Lava, Prop Hunt, Infected, All or Nothing, Roll the Dice, or just generally exploring out of map. But yes freezing and god mode can and does ruin the game.

At least you didn't have it worse imo.. lol. In MW3 a guy actually hacked the menu in-game so when you're in-game, the start button and the playstation button on the middle of your controller was useless. You absolutely could not leave the game until it finished. Not to mention the god mode bullshit and the constant dying from being shot/spam of streaks/etc.. it was hell. My friends and I had to literally manually turn off our PS3s to get the hell outta there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

At least you didn't have it worse imo.. lol. In MW3 a guy actually hacked the menu in-game so when you're in-game, the start button and the playstation button on the middle of your controller was useless. You absolutely could not leave the game until it finished. Not to mention the god mode bullshit and the constant dying from being shot/spam of streaks/etc.. it was hell. My friends and I had to literally manually turn off our PS3s to get the hell outta there.

Ohhhh, in 99% of the lobbies I get in, you can't leave the lobby (start button not working) and the only way to leave is to sign out of PSN. It is hell, I feel you since I experince it everyday lmao.

11 minutes ago, ONLINEGAMR360 said:

My dude. I get where you're coming from with the modders. That's why I stopped playing in like July of this year. I occasionally play on an alt, but never my main because I don't want my stats getting messed with again.

A long time ago, I was in a Domination game and got the 1st kill of the game. That counted for something like 100 million points. So my score ended something like 2800 SPM. I got it down to 2200 later, but it's still ludicrously high. My score wasn't anything special before (350+ SPM range.) I was mad. For a couple reasons. People would see that and assume I modded my way to my stats. Then assume I wasn't legit and report me. I had something like 150k kills at the time. Then getting an unfair amount of points. It just wasn't satisfying at all  compared to actually getting them legit. You know what I mean?

But when I stopped playing around July. I don't remember lots of modders or aimbotters in game. I would run into them every 20 or so games. But nothing overkill. I primarily played TDM and and maybe some Dom. I only played outside of TDM very rarely. Sounds like you got some real bad luck in matchmaking. REAL bad luck. Reminds me of MW2 post-2012.

I thought the MP was fine the past couple years. It had some problems (aimbot users,) but never game breaking. Although I got a kick running into aimbot users because I always had a class I would use to troll them, even though for me it was rare to run into them. Mic users on the other team were my favorite because I could hear them get mad. Especially after they killed me, I would immediately kill them again using the Tac Insert.

Regarding the freezing, have you tried holding the power button for 15 seconds? It should power down after that. If you did know. My bad fam.

Yeah, it is pretty annoying.

And yes, I did know, but most of the time I just have to keep pressing the power button for 5 seconds, it beeps and 10 seconds later it turns off, but I still get the "You have not turned off the system correctly" message when booted back up.

But most of the time I can't even do that since my Power button is glitchy (I got the FAT PS3 with the touch buttons, not physical, it's horrible) and I can't turn it off otherwise than pressing the switch.

Edited by furryTay
  • Like 1

Also I like to always bring this up when talking about modders especially on COD. Fucking COD4. They hacked it so that absolutely no one with established internet connection within the game can't play even the SP. Even offline! Worst thing ever. Thank god Activision came through that time and at least fixed the game so you can play it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

Also I like to always bring this up when talking about modders especially on COD. Fucking COD4. They hacked it so that absolutely no one with established internet connection within the game can't play even the SP. Even offline! Worst thing ever. Thank god Activision came through that time and at least fixed the game so you can play it.

Thanks god they did that.

CoD4 is absolutly unplayable, every.single.lobby. is a hacked lobby.

Not gonna lie, only time I actually enjoy these mods are when I make a new profile and i'm too lazy to rank everything back up to max prestige, so I randomly join an unlock all + "choose your prestige" lobby.

Just now, KURORAIDEN- said:

To anyone who's been playing lately and managed to get the league trophies, is this game really unobtainable or the post where it says that is no longer obtainable was just clickbait??? I'm quite confused :/ 

It's unobtainable but the League mode is still up in Pre-Season. I've gotten the most enjoyable matches of BO2 there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KURORAIDEN- said:

To anyone who's been playing lately and managed to get the league trophies, is this game really unobtainable or the post where it says that is no longer obtainable was just clickbait??? I'm quite confused :/ 

The Platinum trophy is UNOBTAINABLE.

In order to unlock it, you need the "Big League" trophy, but knowing that Treyarch has stopped supporting League Play and it is in a constant state of "Pre-season", you CANNOT be placed in a division anymore.

That's exactly why the game is hidden on my profile.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KURORAIDEN- said:

It's unobtainable, but PSNProfiles moderators have said in the past, that they won't flag you if you did get the trophy through means beyond your control (trophy unlocking menus/RTM).

• Like 1