Plague Road: PS4/Vita Kickstarter (Digital & Physical Editions Summer 2017 if Funded)

vanillamoose

Hi Fellow Gamers!

I just came across a cool Kickstarter campaign called Plague Road. The game appears to be an urban version of Darkest Dungeon. If funded, within the next 9 days, Plague Road will be released for PS4, Vita, Xbone and PC. At certain reward tiers, backers will receive a physical PS4 or Vita copy of the game. To learn more check out the link below.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcadedistillery/plague-road-a-roguelike-turn-based-strategy-game/description

Do you think this game will be a success? Would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. As always happy gaming everyone :) 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

Ah this game, saw some images on twitter some days ago, well not really the kind of game i like but sure it's interesting, i would like to see it founded, why not :D

Thanks for checking it out! I'm more of a fan of true RPGs (including JRPGs and SRPGs) than I am of rogue-likes. The inclusion of the upgradable farm (aka home base) and NPC prestige (leveling system) however may give that sense of progression that some roguelikes lack imo :) 

Like the concept and the art style (reminds me of Nihilumbra), but I greatly dislike turn based combat (which is the reason stopping me [even if it gets fixed] from playing that broken game that came to PS+ some months ago, Dragon Fin Soup or something).

Hope it gets funded though, we need more diversity in gaming.

• Like 1

Just now, TheYuriG said:

Like the concept and the art style (reminds me of Nihilumbra), but I greatly dislike turn based combat (which is the reason stopping me [even if it gets fixed] from playing that broken game that came to PS+ some months ago, Dragon Fin Soup or something).

Well said TheYuriG! more diversity in games helps to evolve gaming culture. I like turn base combat however I agree, the combat system in Dragon Fin Soup was rather bad. I had such high hopes for that game. Hopefully the Extra Chunky Edition will fix the problems that plagued the vanilla version (including the unobtainable plat).

22 minutes ago, MotzieNH said:

Looks promising! I'd like to pitch in, but, Christmas.

Related image

Looks like they're well on their way, though. If they make it, I'll probably pick it up. Unless, you know, they release it around Christmas.

Ah yes Christmas shopping leaves many wallets bare. Nonetheless happy holidays!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vanillamoose said:

Thanks for checking it out! I'm more of a fan of true RPGs (including JRPGs and SRPGs) than I am of rogue-likes. The inclusion of the upgradable farm (aka home base) and NPC prestige (leveling system) however may give that sense of progression that some roguelikes lack imo :) 

Yeah same here, but Well didn't know about this Stuff in the game, this 2 things make it indeed interesting, i guess i'll keep an eye on it :) Obviously if it won't cost like 30-40 then absolutely nope xD

• Like 1

Is that Jim Sterling's voice in the video? :blink:

Anyway, the game looks pretty interesting. It reminds me a lot of Darkest Dungeon which can only be a good thing. It's nice to hear they're supporting Vita, although you never really know if they are actually gonna go through with it or not on Kickstarter.

I'll keep my eye on it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vanillamoose said:

Yes 30 is a bit steep for digital only. Come to think of it, I think it's on sale right on PSN. I'm so tempted to get it for Vita. :D 

Really? I see it for 22 € and that should be the base price i don't see it signed as discounted on Vita so maybe wait a sale :P

For me it's way too much, Stardew valley come out now i know it's a totally different game but still it cost 15 €, far price! To use it as example :P

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Is that Jim Sterling's voice in the video? :blink:

Anyway, the game looks pretty interesting. It reminds me a lot of Darkest Dungeon which can only be a good thing. It's nice to hear they're supporting Vita, although you never really know if they are actually gonna go through with it or not on Kickstarter.

I'll keep my eye on it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

Jim Sterling is in it. He even tried to act like a sellout in on of his videos.

Very close to getting funded, and get the 30 K for a Vita port.

Sharin No kuni....20 K away and 3 days.....hope that one reaches Vita port.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

Really? I see it for 22 € and that should be the base price i don't see it signed as discounted on Vita so maybe wait a sale :P

For me it's way too much, Stardew valley come out now i know it's a totally different game but still it cost 15 €, far price! To use it as example :P

Oops I'm sorry, was referring to the NA PSN sales. It's $12.49 right now. Yes I think $15 is a fair price for stardew valley and that's usually the most I would spend on digital games :) 

2 minutes ago, vanillamoose said:

Oops I'm sorry, was referring to the NA PSN sales. It's $12.49 right now. Yes I think $15 is a fair price for stardew valley and that's usually the most I would spend on digital games :) 

Ah ok Then my bad didn't think about that xD

Yeah that should have been the base price it probably would have sold more in my opinion, at least on console.

Same here even if i spend even 20/25 if a game i Want is on sale but not for indies xD

• Like 1

Value is in the enjoyment for me. I paid 18 bucks for Her Majesty's Spiffing. I had the platinum in like, 4 hours? Beat it in 2 and a half on my own. But I enjoyed the hell out of it, so fair price. Meanwhile, I can't get into the Division to save my life. If I'd paid 18 bucks for that, something I've dumped close to 15 hours in, I'd of still felt slighted. Sadly I spent even more on it.

A price point may determine when I pull the trigger on something, but never the time or the format involved.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

Jim Sterling is in it. He even tried to act like a sellout in on of his videos.

Very close to getting funded, and get the 30 K for a Vita port.

It would be awesome if Sharin No Kuni makes its way to the Vita library! Wish I could pledge to support that game too :( Limited Run sent out an email today urging folks to back that Kickstarter up. So let's hope the blast email helps the campaign to reach the Vita stretch goal.

4 minutes ago, MotzieNH said:

Value is in the enjoyment for me. I paid 18 bucks for Her Majesty's Spiffing. I had the platinum in like, 4 hours? Beat it in 2 and a half on my own. But I enjoyed the hell out of it, so fair price. Meanwhile, I can't get into the Division to save my life. If I'd paid 18 bucks for that, something I've dumped close to 15 hours in, I'd of still felt slighted. Sadly I spent even more on it.

A price point may determine when I pull the trigger on something, but never the time or the format involved.

Interesting perspective on the value of a game MotzieNH! As you have pointed out, the length of the game does not necessarily dictate how much fun the player will have. Sorry you didn't care for the Division, heard a lot of people felt similarly about that game despite decent reviews and whatnot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

As vanillamoose said LRG send out an e-mail and other KS-backed projects also start to post final shoutouts to spread the news (e.g. the Muv Luv-team). And knowing the last few days of Kickstarter-projects it's very likely to get the Vita-version funded. It's at 110k atm and there's still 70 hours left.

But I hope this will get some faster ports than all those Sekai-based games although some of them are teasing some progress lately.

• Like 1

On December 18, 2016 at 0:50 PM, TheYuriG said:

The bigger reason to ignore Dragon Fin Soup is because it's broken. And it sucks.

But anyway, I don't know what to think of this. For some reason, I just never felt compelled to get Darkest Dungeon, and unlike yuri, I love turn-based combat.

• Like 2