Playstation 2 (Games, Discussion, ETC.)

jackmadrox

417jmop5UaL.jpg

I'm currently playing this on my PS2. I played it a long time ago, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Still such a good game, despite it's flaws. Such a shame Activision doesn't still have this as an ongoing series, I only learned today what happened to True Crime 3 (Hong Kong). I still get so much enjoyment out of just cruising around NY and busting street crimes. And walking into a high crime area and randomly frisking people on the street for contraband is also fun.

• Like 1

Don't know about the PS2 version of Suffering but on the PC it was actually pretty good. The sequel wasn't bad but it definitely isn't on the same level.

I probably should complete some RPG's out of my backlog on the PS2.

Or at least buy the HD versions and complete some that way.

I recently plugged my PS2 back in as I fancied some good, old fashioned offline gaming, without getting sucked into a trophy grind.

I bought a few used games online that I never got around to before I shelved my PS2 first time around, cos ya know....my PS3 / PS4 backlog ain't big enough as is :giggle: Anyway, they arrived last week and I started playing this earlier:

Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_-_Chaos_Bleeds_      

Bit ridiculous, considering Buffy is my favourite show ever bar none and I still watch to this day <3 I think I just always assumed that the game would be pure trash.....I mean it is a little to be fair but I'm enjoying it so much :)

4 hours ago, J2V89 said:

I have my PS2 plugged up next to my PS3 & PS4 because I still have games to beat.

I only unplugged mine as my first PS3 was the 60GB which was backwards compatible.....those were the days eh?...so I was able to finish up quite a bit with that. When my PS3 laser died and they killed off PS2 support with the slim I just upgraded quite a few of my games (played or not) to remasters. The only original games I had left that were unfinished were Silent Hill 4 / Angel of Darkness....both because I thought they were terrible...and Splinter Cell: Double Agent / Kingdom Hearts that are still completely unplayed. I did try hooking it back up at some point but I thought it was broke....not realising at the time it was just the HDMI cable......thankfully I didn't get rid of it....forgotten how much I loved my PS2 :)

If the PS4 Pro played PS2 discs, I'd straight up have thrown my PS4 out the window (realistically I'd have put it in the kitchen or something) and thrown all my money at that thing. Missed opportunity in the face of Microsoft's TREMENDOUS lead in this area.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

If the PS4 Pro played PS2 discs, I'd straight up have thrown my PS4 out the window (realistically I'd have put it in the kitchen or something) and thrown all my money at that thing. Missed opportunity in the face of Microsoft's TREMENDOUS lead in this area.

Well, the xbox one doesn't play original xbox discs either

I would recommend SSX Tricky or Burnout 3 Takedown to play

5 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Well the PS4 doesn't play PS3, PSP, PS1, PS2, PSanything either. The fact Xbox has pumped out a few hundred 360 games in a year or so, and have said they might work on Xbox Original games eventually too, is a shitload more than we got from Sony. "Here's GTA and the usual few really big games, here's a couple of littler ones, and here's a 23 buck price tag, non negotiable"

I know the second part was for someone else, but yeah, Tricky and Burnout 3 are by far my favorites from those series. SSX Tricky is so damn replayable, and Burnout 3 to me is when they got the arcadey smashy racey stuff 100% perfect.

29 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

34 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

You know what's sad? That the current generation of gaming is so underwhelming that we want the current consoles to be backwards compatible so we can play 10+ years old games.

36 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Well the PS4 doesn't play PS3, PSP, PS1, PS2, PSanything either. The fact Xbox has pumped out a few hundred 360 games in a year or so, and have said they might work on Xbox Original games eventually too, is a shitload more than we got from Sony. "Here's GTA and the usual few really big games, here's a couple of littler ones, and here's a 23 buck price tag, non negotiable"

I know the second part was for someone else, but yeah, Tricky and Burnout 3 are by far my favorites from those series. SSX Tricky is so damn replayable, and Burnout 3 to me is when they got the arcadey smashy racey stuff 100% perfect.

Yeah, unfortunately that's just how it is, the original xbox is x86 and the 360 is power pc which is way easier to emulate on the xbox one. Doesn't excuse sony, but at least we've received some.

I would also recommend the Fatal Frame trilogy

If i haven't missunderstood you can actually play PS3 games through playstation now. It's not the same as full compatibility and the service is still sadly limited to few countries but maybe in the future everyone get's to enjoy it.

And i'm not a tech expert but at least it's claimed that it would have been very hard to make PS4 emulate PS3 games. Of course it's sad that we can't play our physical PS3 games on the PS4 but this is nothing new.

Back in the day I always played a game called GUN. Super fun open world Western game, was the best right up until Red Dead Redemption came out. Been having a hankering to play it lately.

After playing the Steep Beta I really wanted to go back and play SSX Tricky again too. Great extreme sports game.

231FAE7B-B2AC-4A1F-AF61-694EF134909C-2391-00000405C90BB95A_tmp.png

ACF8EBC2-C80C-463D-8A50-B00A50DB98FB-2391-00000405DCB7BB17_tmp.png

On 07/01/2017 at 0:48 AM, jackmadrox said:

Just beat The Suffering on medium difficulty... anyone dare me to try hard difficulty?

You should as well as try the sequel The Suffering: Ties that Bind, if you can find it. Not as great as the first one but a decent follow-up IMO.

Am currently playing my NFS collection. Started with NFS:U. Next was NFS:U2 and now NFS:MW. Then after, will be last but not least Carbon and if i can find a copy NFS:Hot Pursuit 2maxresdefault.jpg

Currently playing this. Never got around to giving it a try back in the day. So far, I'm in Chapter 7 and it doesn't appear to be anything overly special. The mini games are a nice break from the shootem up/beatem up thing, I'll give it that. The voice acting in this game is horrible though, mainly the guy voicing Jack. Totally lifeless.

Death_To_Rights_Dvd_Ps2.jpg

Edited by jackmadrox