FFXV Patches, DLC and Updates topic

Alantor32

20 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

2018 goal:  20% with platinum Final Fantasy XV.

I wouldn't be surprised at this point. This is literally my only game which i got the platinum but have a B rank and not A...

Edited by Kyl542

I started playing the new Comrades update today. Mild spoilers about the new quests ahead.

Spoiler

The new content is initiated by finding the black chocobo at the Exineris Power Plant in Lestallum. I think you must have 7 royal sigils (which are all that were available pre-update) to start this line of quests, but I'm not sure, since I already maxed everything out before the update. The quests lead you to power up Port Caem first, then North Duscae.

You will find a chocobo training area and chocobo fighting arena in the new content area. To max out your chocobo, make sure to always max out the yellow lines underneath the attributes (you will know what I mean when you see it). Your chocobo will have a max level of 50 first, but by maxing out these yellow lines, the level cap will increase by 10. Rinse and repeat until level 99. You need nothing but patience for this (your chocobo can get hurt while training). Takes less than 30 minutes. If you somehow f***** up, you can find new chocobo in certain quests.

The royal sigils trophy needs you to find all 13 sigils. 6 new have been added in the update. Your chocobo will need overall values of >200 and >65 km/h to find all sigils, since the new pathways on the map are found via your chocobo. This means that a level 99 chocobo is nearly a requirement to find all royal sigils anyway (my level 99 green chocobo has 215, 220, 91 km/h). The hard part about this trophy is that some new quests to unlock the royal sigils go up to level 80. I only played 3 hours in the new content now and I have 10 of 13 sigils.

The Comrades quest is an all-new quest that can be selected via the quest menu. You will play as either Noctis, Gladio, Ignis or Prompto (your choice). It has no level requirement, everything is pre-set in this quest. Play it 4 times with each character once and that's it. I haven't tried the quest myself yet, but I imagine it'll be easy and exists mostly for story-purpose.

All in all the 3 new Comrades trophies should be pretty easy for everybody who already invested some time in the DLC before. Level grinding to get all royal sigils will take some time though, but there are many new and hard quests with high exp output to keep the player invested.

Edited by ShadowStefan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadowStefan said:

I started playing the new Comrades update today. Mild spoilers about the new quests ahead.

Reveal hidden contents

The new content is initiated by finding the black chocobo at the Exineris Power Plant in Lestallum. I think you must have 7 royal sigils (which are all that were available pre-update) to start this line of quests, but I'm not sure, since I already maxed everything out before the update. The quests lead you to power up Port Caem first, then North Duscae.

You will find a chocobo training area and chocobo fighting arena in the new content area. To max out your chocobo, make sure to always max out the yellow lines underneath the attributes (you will know what I mean when you see it). Your chocobo will have a max level of 50 first, but by maxing out these yellow lines, the level cap will increase by 10. Rinse and repeat until level 99. You need nothing but patience for this (your chocobo can get hurt while training). Takes less than 30 minutes. If you somehow f***** up, you can find new chocobo in certain quests.

The royal sigils trophy needs you to find all 13 sigils. 6 new have been added in the update. Your chocobo will need overall values of >200 and >65 km/h to find all sigils, since the new pathways on the map are found via your chocobo. This means that a level 99 chocobo is nearly a requirement to find all royal sigils anyway (my level 99 green chocobo has 215, 220, 91 km/h). The hard part about this trophy is that some new quests to unlock the royal sigils go up to level 80. I only played 3 hours in the new content now and I have 10 of 13 sigils.

The Comrades quest is an all-new quest that can be selected via the quest menu. You will play as either Noctis, Gladio, Ignis or Prompto (your choice). It has no level requirement, everything is pre-set in this quest. Play it 4 times with each character once and that's it. I haven't tried the quest myself yet, but I imagine it'll be easy and exists mostly for story-purpose.

All in all the 3 new Comrades trophies should be pretty easy for everybody who already invested some time in the DLC before. Level grinding to get all royal sigils will take some time though, but there are many new and hard quests with high exp output to keep the player invested.

Could you explain some more how to increase your max chocobo level? As mine seem to get stuck at their max level of 50 or 60.

Edit: Nvm, I figured it out.

Also the comrades quest is actually the hardest as you can't play with your OP build and the AI is shit as usual.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

1 hour ago, ShadowStefan said:

Hide contents

Quick question.

So if you already grinded everything out prepatch. 999.999Kw etc. How long would it take for all multiplayer trophies you think?

I'm only focused on the trophies and just want to rush these as quick as possible.

14 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Quick question.

So if you already grinded everything out prepatch. 999.999Kw etc. How long would it take for all multiplayer trophies you think?

I'm only focused on the trophies and just want to rush these as quick as possible.

Under 10 hours I guess.

I started today with 375.000 kW left and now I'm at the end I have 227.000 kW left. So you need about 150.000 kW for openening everything on the grid. Currently stuck at the Final Boss (I think) just before collecting my final sigil. Even with my OP build character I can't beat him with AI. As this isn't a quest but a storyline mission, can this Boss be done online with others or are you stuck with the AI?

Just now, BB-BakkerJ said:

Under 10 hours I guess.

I started today with 375.000 kW left and now I'm at the end I have 227.000 kW left. So you need about 150.000 kW for openening everything on the grid. Currently stuck at the Final Boss (I think) just before collecting my final sigil. Even with my OP build character I can't beat him with AI. As this isn't a quest but a storyline mission, can this Boss be done online with others or are you stuck with the AI?

Oh I'm not stuck, just curious whats ahead of me as grinding to 999.999 seriously got me crazy. But it's good to know its under 10 hours as I really really dont want to grind for hours upon hours at 1 quest to get 1 trophy

Just now, Deluziion90 said:

Oh I'm not stuck, just curious whats ahead of me as grinding to 999.999 seriously got me crazy. But it's good to know its under 10 hours as I really really dont want to grind for hours upon hours at 1 quest to get 1 trophy

Lol, no I'm stuck at the final boss, which I won't spoil. I hope you put some effort in getting good weapons and maxing stats because it's hard.

1 hour ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Could you explain some more how to increase your max chocobo level? As mine seem to get stuck at their max level of 50 or 60.

Ah well, now you figured it out, and I just caught a new chocobo and made some screenshots to show you. :P

I'll just leave this gallery here for anyone interested:

https://imgur.com/a/RbrKQ

It shows what kind of level ups I chose for my chocobo, focused on the filling the yellow bar beneath "Ausdauer" (it's German, should be something like endurance) towards a white one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Also the comrades quest is actually the hardest as you can't play with your OP build and the AI is shit as usual.

I have problem with maxing chocobo level to 99. It always let me max chocobo lines via training twice and then it show no new lines to max, just a line to go up 10 levels higher and than it stuck. What em I doing wrong?

Edited by KutaragG

22 minutes ago, KutaragG said:

I have problem with maxing chocobo level to 99. It always let me max chocobo lines via training twice and then it show no new lines to max, just a line to go up 10 levels higher and than it stuck. What em I doing wrong?

Every time you train your chocobo, the lines beneath stamina, jump and top speed will increase showed by a yellow line. Before you hit the next max rank, those three yellow lines need to be white.

This will increase your max rank by 10, and you have to repeat the process. I ended up with a lvl 99 chocobo with 220 stamina, 228 jump and 124 top speed. More than enough to open all roads. Good luck.

Edit: I don't know if it makes a difference but I did it with a green chocobo.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

Well as I said, it does not work for me. I catched chocobo level 30. There was one line for jump. I have maxed the line and it gave me 10 more levels to increase. New lines appears under stamina and speed. I have maxed the lines and got another 10 levels to rank up my chocobo. However, this time no new lines appeared under the stats, so I can only max chocobo rank 10 times and its over...?

5 minutes ago, KutaragG said:

Well as I said, it does not work for me. I catched chocobo level 30. There was one line for jump. I have maxed the line and it gave me 10 more levels to increase. New lines appears under stamina and speed. I have maxed the lines and got another 10 levels to rank up my chocobo. However, this time no new lines appeared under the stats, so I can only max chocobo rank 10 times and its over...?

Well what kind of chocobo did you have? I got a lvl 60 green chocobo and could max out all lines to lvl 99 no problem. So maybe it does depend on the type of chocobo you catch as my two black ones also got stuck at lvl 50 and 60.

KutaragG is right sometimes after earning a new 10 levels for the chocobo it doesn't give the option to upgrade again. You'll notice this with no yellow line/s under Stamina/Jump/Speed which obvious needs maxing the certain stat/s needed to fill the bar up so it turns white in order to meet the requirement to earn another 10 levels. If that happens your chocobo has reached it's peak, I don't know why it does that maybe it just depends on the chocobo I guess.

Edited by Am4z1n9_AZ

The chocobo I got to level 99 was a green one. I catched him at level 50, initial level cap was 60. It seems I got lucky, since this was the first chocobo I caught.

Btw. I played the comrades quest as Gladio and Prompto last night, with other human players, and it was super easy. :P 

And I‘m at 12/13 sigils now. The last one however is extremely difficult to get. I‘m level 57 and I have very decent gear (1700 atk) and managed to get the health of this boss down to half.

5 hours ago, ShadowStefan said:

And I‘m at 12/13 sigils now. The last one however is extremely difficult to get. I‘m level 57 and I have very decent gear (1700 atk) and managed to get the health of this boss down to half.

What's your defence though? I switched my sigil to the fierce sigil which boosts Hp and defence by 50%. I was level 48 and beat him quite easily with these stats. Attack 1000 Defence 900 Fire resistence 100%. The rest doesn't matter. When I had 1800 attack and 500 defence the fight was much, much harder. (Couldn't beat him) Good luck.

3 hours ago, Aexuz said:

Wait... so to unlock the new route you need to beat that level 70 quest "A familiar fright"

I'm only at level 41 and even with 3 other human players we coudn't beat that fight on time.

You don't need to beat it if you're just going for the trophies, I'm playing offline because I don't have plus and this is impossible for me.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

7 hours ago, ShadowStefan said:

The chocobo I got to level 99 was a green one. I catched him at level 50, initial level cap was 60. It seems I got lucky, since this was the first chocobo I caught.

Btw. I played the comrades quest as Gladio and Prompto last night, with other human players, and it was super easy. :P 

Finally done it. Catched choco level 50 and pushed it all the way to 99. I think the initial level matters the most.?

• Like 2

Is the Omega trophy glitched or is there hidden requirements to be in normal mode difficulty? Nevermind, trophies are glitched and seemly may require closing and re-entering the game.

Edited by DEMON