Voodoo is putting pins in his backlog

voodoo_eyes

Plat #195 République. Overall quite the good game, that would only be a mediocre stealth game, if you don't pay attention to the story.

Also got the plat for Lego Marvel Avengers. It feels like they keep adding more and more collectibles to the Lego games. It gets really tedious searching for all those bricks and tokens. It's time they ease up on those, and fix thei glitches in those games.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Getting closer to the 200th plat. Only 3 more to go, now that I have plat #197 Catlateral Damage wrapped up.

Also added a few more games to the backlog:

• Earth's Dawn
  • Blasting Agent - Ultimate Edition
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior 3
  • Aragami
  • Cast of the Seven Godsends
Edited by voodoo_eyes

Another step closer to the #200. Platted The Dwarves as plat #198, which reminds me of a top-down version of War in the North, only worse. It's laggy, clunky, quite short and just generally not a good game.

Oh and two new additions to the backlog.

• Aegis of Earth
  • One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

Finally reached the 200th plat. Wrapped up Destroy All Humans 2 for plat #199 and then loaded up the last boss on Ratchet & Clank to get the 200th.

Time to focus on some longer games now. Most likely candidate is Ar Nosurge.

EDIT: In other news I also dropped Blasting Agent, as the floaty controls and melee mechanics were too annoying to deal with.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Do you already have your 100th planned?

Um... I usually don't plan things out until the last possible moment. I didn't even know what I was going to do for #75 until I saw Undertale available on the PS store.

Depending on how quickly I move, I might try to earn #100 on my birthday, which is in six months. That's also Valentine's Day, so maybe something to do with hearts or love. I'm such a sap.

4 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Um... I usually don't plan things out until the last possible moment. I didn't even know what I was going to do for #75 until I saw Undertale available on the PS store.

Depending on how quickly I move, I might try to earn #100 on my birthday, which is in six months. That's also Valentine's Day, so maybe something to do with hearts or love. I'm such a sap.

I only decided on my milestone sometime last month. There's usually a few games I have in mind, but that ends up changing a bit, whenever I add more games to the backlog :P . I try to make it so that it ends up being a game I really enjoyed to play though. There have been a few exceptions where milestones took me by surprise. In particular my 20th and my 75th

I thought that the 25th plat would be a milestone and wasn't counting on it being the 20th instead. The 75th was similar, as there wasn't one for 60th, I assumed the next one would be only the 100th.

Anyway, you might as well go for a themed one. If you feel like doing so, then why not? :)

4 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I only decided on my milestone sometime last month. There's usually a few games I have in mind, but that ends up changing a bit, whenever I add more games to the backlog :P . I try to make it so that it ends up being a game I really enjoyed to play though. There have been a few exceptions where milestones took me by surprise. In particular my 20th and my 75th

I thought that the 25th plat would be a milestone and wasn't counting on it being the 20th instead. The 75th was similar, as there wasn't one for 60th, I assumed the next one would be only the 100th.

Anyway, you might as well go for a themed one. If you feel like doing so, then why not? :)

Yeah, I recently made a topic on the feedback forum to request improved milestones, as I also planned for plat #25 and was disappointed that it's no longer considered a milestone. I'm hoping they eventually give us more freedom with milestones because that's the main reason I use this site.

But yeah, I try to make all my milestones have to do with ghosts or things I like, but only if I can find something fitting at the time. If I was really crazy, I'd try to get plat #100 on Halloween, but 23 platinums in two months is asking a bit too much...

On 8/24/2017 at 5:51 AM, Cassylvania said:

But yeah, I try to make all my milestones have to do with ghosts or things I like, but only if I can find something fitting at the time. If I was really crazy, I'd try to get plat #100 on Halloween, but 23 platinums in two months is asking a bit too much...

Easy with stacking and playing quick games like Nubla and Energy Cycle. But you're likely not that type of person.

What I don't understand is people who have an insanely low trophy percentage average, yet still earn 7 - 10+ trophies per day.

The Raven being stuck at 97% has been bothering me a for a long time. When I first played through it, the completionist trophy glitched and there didn't seem to be a workaround that did not involve getting another ps3. Well, I had been thinking about trying it through a blank account for a while and I've read a few posts that confirmed my suspicion of it working that way.

So I decided yesterday to create a blank account and play through the whole game today. Finally the game is at 100% and thus became plat #201.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

The Raven being stuck at 97% has been bothering me a for a long time. When I first played through it, the completionist trophy glitched and there didn't seem to be a workaround that did not involve getting another ps3. Well, I had been thinking about trying it through a blank account for a while and I've read a few posts that confirmed my suspicion of it working that way.

So I decided yesterday to create a blank account and play through the whole game today. Finally the game is at 100% and thus became plat #201.

Respect to you for your attitude and determination in terms of getting these platinums! 

9 hours ago, The_Kopite said:

Respect to you for your attitude and determination in terms of getting these platinums! 

Thanks! The game is pretty straightforward for the most part, so it doesn't take too long to finish.

There's actually another game that's been bothering me, as I'm close to the platinum in that as well. In Transformers Dark of the Moon, all I need is the online that takes maybe an hour at most to do, but no one is playing / boosting that game online anymore. I think you need at least 6 players to start the online though, which makes it a pain.

9 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Thanks! The game is pretty straightforward for the most part, so it doesn't take too long to finish.

There's actually another game that's been bothering me, as I'm close to the platinum in that as well. In Transformers Dark of the Moon, all I need is the online that takes maybe an hour at most to do, but no one is playing / boosting that game online anymore. I think you need at least 6 players to start the online though, which makes it a pain.

That's a downer. Hate it when you start a game and the online barely exists, so boosting or playing it to get the required trophies becomes a pain in the backside. I had that recently with PS All Starts Battle Royale for Vita and PS3, and Puyo Puyo Tetris was tough too.

Hopefully eventually you'll be able to get 6 of you together to knock it off! Never played it myself lol

5 hours ago, The_Kopite said:

That's a downer. Hate it when you start a game and the online barely exists, so boosting or playing it to get the required trophies becomes a pain in the backside. I had that recently with PS All Starts Battle Royale for Vita and PS3, and Puyo Puyo Tetris was tough too.

Hopefully eventually you'll be able to get 6 of you together to knock it off! Never played it myself lol

Yeah, I might try to push it throughout the this week. It's a decent game, but fairly short overall.

In other news, another game to cross off the backlog. Plat #202 Blasting Agent for PS4. It's a decent old school 2d shooter, the controls are fucking awful though.

Another one down with the Hitman Go plat (#203), which is an alright puzzle game. Furthermore Hatoful Boyfriend is also wrapped up by now and crossed off the list.

Decided not to continue with Aegis of Earth. It eventually becomes plain boring. Kind of a shame as the game seemed to have a lot of potential. The need of developers having to make everything into a grind killed this game.

New additions (from the current sale)

• Steamworld Heist
  • Assault Android Cactus
  • Lara Croft Go

The latter will probably be the next plat, so I won't bother adding it to the backlog.

Alright, so Lara Croft Go became the 204th plat as expected. They tried to be more ambitious with this one, but in exchange it suffers from massive lag  on occasion. This was felt clearly worse than the Hitman game, which is a shame.

I'll probably be focusing on Truck Racer next, as I got the online portion done already. If by some miracle I get enough people together to boost Transformers Dark of the Moon over the weekend, that'll be the priority.

Finally wrapped up plat Truck Racer (plat #205). Decent racer that has really annoying time trials, but is still fun to some extent at least. Funny how both ps3 plus games are from Bigben Interactive, who basically only seem to publish poor to mediocre games.

Anyway... also got 100% in NBA 2k18 Prelude. It's better than the 2k17 one, but still has some of the same issues. Maybe it's just me that doesn't care for the wannabe star bullshit :dunno:.

One more plat to add to the count, and it will probably be the last one for a while as I'll be focusing on a few RPGs for the near future. Anyway #206 goes to Watch Dogs 2.

This one took a bit to get into, but turned out to be a pretty good game in the long run. The gameplay was loads of fun and the driving was the best in any open world game so far. There's lots to do and barely any collectibles to gather which keeps the gameplay light and fun. Multiplayer is alright in small doses as well.

Wasn't too interested in the story and the characters were hit and miss. I also could've done without the distorted cutscenes to be honest.

Bought and platted Puzzle Showdown 4k. I enjoy jigsaw puzzles in general, so I thought why not.

Didn't expect anything spectacular out of this game, as it's fairly basic. It's well-designed over all, but lacks puzzles. I mean you can literally turn any picture or image into a puzzle, making what's offered a bit lacking.