How many people needed for plat?

WatertownsFinest

From what I've heard its doable on your own controlling both VR and controller. But not if the VR is covering your face all the time, then you will need a couch player, since there will be some input on the TV needed.  I do think its easier with a couch player anyway, a friend, brother, cousin or wifey would be helpful in this case haha. But then again Im sharing someone else his experience, not mine. Looking forward trying it to myself when I finally pick up the VR. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Having completed this game with my brother I can definitely say that you are going to want someone to help you with it. The game is designed to have someone on a controller looking at the screen and another with the headset on. For me personally, just putting on the headset is a hassle in itself, I can't imagine taking off the headset and peeking at the monitor multiple times doing the trophies by yourself. Just having another friend is enough to platinum the game, as I said that I did it with my brother, shouldn't be incredibly hard. Have fun with VR!

• Like 1

Did it myself, you can either point and hope you hit the right areas but I managed to get use to lifting the VR up just enough to show when your looking at on the TV while you look at the TV and not the VR. I know many gamers who did this alone as well.
However still would be much easier with someone else.

You literally need one other player. The sheriff game &the ghost game seem difficult as hell without another person.. but it's extremely simple to play with just one other person to get the platinum.

If needed you could also shareplay VR games, although the issue with that is that they'll be seeing your point of view in the VR. I share played that sea monster level with a friend since my brother got tired of helping me and the controls were confusing because they became inverted for him.. lol. Some games you can manage with share play if you have someone willing to help, but you just need to keep in mind they can only see what you see in the VR.

• 4 weeks later...

I did the Sheriff and Ghost game by myself.  The Sheriff game gives you more than enough time to peek at the screen and then slip the goggles on and shoot the right guy.  For the Ghost game, you can see where the controller is pointing on the TV so it's easy for ghosts that are on the screen.  However, I had to hold the VR helmet in one hand covering the light sensor with a cloth (it's the little lens located where the bridge of your nose would be in the helmet) so I could rotate the camera well enough to see on the Attic level.  Sliding it up on my forehead made it too difficult to look down to the floor of the level and still see the TV.  The Monster Escape and Cat and Mouse games are also really easy by yourself.  I haven't tried Robot Rescue yet, I'll edit this when I do.

EDIT: Robot Rescue is also doable solo, the only really tough parts are when you have to keep a fan moving with the TV player and move the VR player around.  I just got the plat last night. The Toy Box DLC, however, may definitely need another person or two.  I need to take a few more tries at it but it seems really hard to complete it with just the VR player.

Edited by cycoivan
Added more info

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

For anyone wanting to do this alone, the ghost game is easiest if you slide the headset up on your head, and I used my phone to see what was going on on the TV to find the ghosts. Worked like a charm. And the Bandit game was easy on my own, there's enough time to just have the headset pushed forward and glance up at the TV to see the picture.

The game is definitely easier with another person I'd imagine, but still very easy to do solo.