Braving it for grounded mode.

FaTaLKiLL1

My best tip, assuming you want to do it legit (which I highly recommend, because Grounded mode rocks, IMO) is to play it completely stealth. There are a couple of parts where you do need to fight, but there are plenty of YouTube video guides for stealth-killing as many enemies as possible for these sections and a few ways to exploit the AI once the fight begins.

For any sequence with Infected, aim (hold :l2:) while moving. This will limit your movement speed to a "silent" level as far as the Infected are concerned, making it very easy to ghost past them. 

Collect as many resources as possible. You want to get all the shiv-doors, etc, and have as many upgrades and weapon upgrades as possible for those sequences where you do have to fight. 

• Like 2

Once you've gone through Survivor, you'll hardly notice the difference to grounded. Just use stealth and there won't be any difference to notice. I did my first playthrough on Survivor (and found it very hard), then my second on Normal (for collectables) and then my third on Grounded, and I found my Grounded playthrough easier than my Survivor one because I'd grown familiar with the level design and the AI's. If you did Survivor, you'll surely have no problem with Grounded. the only truly annoying section is the Sniper section, where the Sniper guy has completely unrealistic reaction times whenever you come even close to revealing yourself. 

I played my first pt on easy with guns-a-blazin and my second on grounded+ stealth. The second pt was actually easier, imo.

I've been thinking about going back to revisit TLoU on PS4 too and then I remember those damn mp trophies. Not that they're hard. They're just time consuming and a bit nerve racking with the 100% requirements. Still thinking though. :hmm:

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFjV9kIRV0A

This guy is a speed runner and he has some really nice tricks for some of the really hard parts of the game. Just find where you're stuck and see what he does.

3 hours ago, Rowdi said:

I played my first pt on easy with guns-a-blazin and my second on grounded+ stealth. The second pt was actually easier, imo.

I've been thinking about going back to revisit TLoU on PS4 too and then I remember those damn mp trophies. Not that they're hard. They're just time consuming and a bit nerve racking with the 100% requirements. Still thinking though. :hmm:

I thought they were nerve wracking at first but there's 4 of them that you can just use for the 100% and it's super easy. Any Downs, Any Kills,  Spotting and (when you're high enough level) Gifting. It's just really time consuming and can be boring.