Naruto to Boruto Shinobi Striker announced for PS4

The latest issue of Weekly Jump reveals Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy and Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker for PlayStation 4.

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy, due out on July 27 in Japan for 6,800 yen, includes Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2, and Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, as well as the downloadable content. Early purchases of the game will include a product code to watch the Boruto anime screened at Jump Special Anime Festa. Early purchases of the retail version will also include a folding screen-style poster.

Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker is an “acrobatic ninja battle” game with an unannounced release date and price. It features four-man multiplayer battles with support for up to eight players online. The official website will be available here.

It’s worth noting that Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 was a PlayStation 4-only title in Japan, while it also released for Xbox One and PC internationally. That said, it’s likely that these titles will follow suit.

Source

Naruto-Games-Ann_04-06-17.jpg

This looks awesome and reminds me a lot of Naruto Ultimate Ninja on PS2. I never played the storm games (even though I picked up 4 when it was on sale a while ago) so I'm looking forward to the collection as well. Collection comes out this summer in Japan so I wonder when it will come to the west.

Edited by Ratchet
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ratchet said:

Source

Naruto-Games-Ann_04-06-17.jpg

This looks awesome and reminds me a lot of Naruto Ultimate Ninja on PS2. I never played the storm games (even though I picked up 4 when it was on sale a while ago) so I'm looking forward to the collection as well. Collection comes out this summer in Japan so I wonder when it will come to the west.

Striker looks eh.... But trilogy coming to PS4? Hell yes. But for the love of all that is good, don't have online trophies for UNS2. 'side UNS1 never had trophies, so it would be nice. But fuck, I can already feel the angst of doing UNS3 plat again (FUCK KABUTOMARU, FUCK HIM FUCK HIM!!!), but on the plus side S-ranks are ezpz, unlike on UNS4. That being said I'm not favoring Striker, as I don't like online fighting, but if you haven't played UNS, you're missing out. Been playing those games since PS2 days and never stopped :D 

dont see the Boruto part of the game just yet but I do like the 4v4 style of fighting since it seems more like the anime at times. Hopefully they will be a 1v1, 2v2 ect...

I would be interested in this game if/when it comes out!

I was interested, and hyped because it seems to be "openworld". Like the old Naruto games, before the UNS series, made by Ubisoft for XBox360.

...But then it said "online something" and I lost my interest instantly.

Wait... Is this an "arena" game? ...Ohhh... Okay, not going to play that. xD 

Edited by Neputyunu

Ok um.......

NtB:SS-

I have no opinion of this other than a surprising lack of interest. The concept seems to be most similar to Dragon Ball Xenoverse -- expanding on the environments map (still arena'ish) and focusing on team-group play. So like Dragon Ball, Naruto might fully go through with its 3rd evolution, if this style becomes a series. However, this isn't Adventure; this isnt similar to the 3D Adventure games in the past like Rise of a Ninja (excluding fighting gameplay) Chronicles, and Broken Bond (excluding fighting gameplay). Id have rather had a 3D Action/Adventure Naruto game first, since PlayStation hasn't had one since Chronicles, a PS2 game. Storm 1 had half-limited adventure and the sequels had tacked on adventure. This game is basically Storm gameplay expanded upon, or revamped, in more open envrionments/maps, instead of an open-world, with a focus on online and team play.

Naruto Storm Trilogy:

This is actually pretty cool, especially given Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm will now be given trophy support, thus you technically now can have the series complete via trophies. Very pleased with that. This is also particularly interesting as apparantly Generations is left out, despite releasing before S3 and still being a fully fledged game.

• Will Storm 2 then take Gen's assets (since Gen's featured new content, story and gameplay wise, and was the game to combined and feature both generation of characters)? 
  • What will the trilogy burrow from Storm 4 if it does burrow anything?
  • Will 2&3 have online play, or will it be stripped away like it was in the Uncharted, Bioshock, and Assassin Creed Collections?
  • If online is retained, will the online trophies specifically be re-worked, or gotten rid of?

Now we must get that Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi (or Raging Blast Dualogy?) Trilogy Remastered. Seeing the Jak trilogy coming to PS4 than Naruto Storm Trilogy,  just gives more reason to see DBZBT Trilogy to, especially given success of the 3D Xenoverse series.

Edited by Mar

Looks like this comes with all 4 Storm games and not just the first 3. All DLC is included. Coming fall 2017. 

I'm definitely getting this at some point. Unfortunately I already own Storm 4, but I probably won't play that and just get this when it comes out and play all 4 games. 

Interestingly enough Amazon has this collection listed for 80 bucks rather then the usual 60. Still a good price for what you get with it, but a version of this collection without Storm 4 for 60 bucks would be appreciated. 

Amazon

Edited by Ratchet

Hype intensifies!

Storm 1 with trophies! :eyebrow:

We'll still need more details for packaging and online details. All we got was title of collection, vague release date, and confirmation of some dlc returning.

Shinobi Striker looks ok. Nothing great. The remastered Ninja Storm collection is really cool though for people who never played them or even for who people want to play them again. That's a really good package. 4 games for the price of one.