This game makes me sad :(

Dr_Mayus

8 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

In fairness, the ending can actually make prefect sense, but only if you choose the correct one i.e. the ending no one else seems to have done.

that ending gives a proper, thematic end for all the middle-class white kids, and works from a dramatic point of view.

I remember discussing the ending with some other people at the time it was first out (it was a very popular game among the young engineers  I worked with at the time) and being absolutely dumbfounded that anyone would choose the other ending than the one I did... then realising I was literally the only one who went that way with the choice.

I don’t think it was a coincidence that I was also the only one who thought the ending was good...

I actually watched both endings, and I disliked both of them.  But it was before that, during the final boss fight that I really got annoyed with the game.  I also disliked the end of the first game, blood dragon (which the game itself was pretty awesome) and 4, but 3 was by far the worst, and it started way before 'the choice'.

I honestly feel like the ending to these games is an afterthought, like some designer and his director at Ubi see each other at the water cooler and the conversation goes something like:

"Loving the story, how's the ending coming along?"

"Um, what ending, we need an ending?"

"Yeah, like yesterday.... shit, just give them some ME3-esque choice BS, that'll work"

"Sure thing, but first I'm gonna finish my coffee and bagel"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/29/2018 at 7:52 PM, Nexuds121 said:

This game was excellent. It really got everyone's attention to play the game very well. Far Cry 4 was close to Far Cry 3 but not even a landslide. Far Cry 5 wasn't that great but still a great game.

See, I'm on the complete opposite. FC3 was good, but Ubisoft pretty much perfected this sandbox formula over the years and improved on it in FC4 and FC5. I think the fifth one is the best one so far when it comes to outposts liberation, buddy system etc. Even the story is bearable. 

• 3 months later...

All Ubisoft games contain scenes of animal violence.

I remember the dog fight bet in a kind of arena in a main mission of Watch Dogs 2... What a horrible thing to show in a videogame, I needed to quit the game after completing the mission and listening some music to distract myself.

On 31/12/2012 at 10:50 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

I just shot a tiger in the face and then cut him open :(. Do any other animal lovers get really depressed playing this game :P?

Beyond that it is a great game :D

Naaah, its just pixels. I love animals but its just a game. Its not like the game is about animal abuse, now that would be a problem and make me a bit emotional. And doesn’t it make sense to defend yourself when an animal is attacking you? If I would be attacked by a tiger and its chewing my leg, if I have the tools to save myself and I have to kill the animal, I would. Its sad of course but I want to keep living. ^-^

I don’t think much of it as I’m aware it’s not real and they’ll respawn. If it’s for a trophy I’ll gut anything I need to, otherwise I leave them be for the most part. FC3 wants you to experience the hunt, kill, skin feature. It may be weird for some people to wrap their minds around being rewarded for killing animals, but if you don’t you’re stuck with lower upgrades and that might make your game harder to complete. I can’t remember if you’re required to skin animals for trophies but if so you’d be out of a plat too :dunno:

• Like 1