Help me decide please!

laker818

Here's my opinion on the matter..

Vita has yet to come out with a game impressive enough to buy it. It's come out with decent games, sure.. but no long term player games like Pokemon for the DS. I can't justify buying the system until they release a monster hunter or other cult game. Unless you REALLY like MGS A LOT, I would go with the controller and games.

Point being, you already have the PS3 and there are a lot of triple A releases coming out spring 2013.

Metal Gear Rising, and Aliens: Colonial Marines in February.

Metro Last Light, Army of Two: Cartel, Tomb Raider, GOW Ascension, and Bioshock Infinite in March.

• Like 1

i think you should get games and a controller i dont see the appeal of handheld gaming since for the most part i think they should really only be used for stuff like long car rides and stuff like that where you cant play your home system. if i am at home im not going to play any hand held device when i have something better that i can use which also has better games

• Like 1

Here's my opinion on the matter..

Vita has yet to come out with a game impressive enough to buy it. It's come out with decent games, sure.. but no long term player games like Pokemon for the DS. I can't justify buying the system until they release a monster hunter or other cult game. Unless you REALLY like MGS A LOT, I would go with the controller and games.

Point being, you already have the PS3 and there are a lot of triple A releases coming out spring 2013.

Metal Gear Rising, and Aliens: Colonial Marines in February.

Metro Last Light, Army of Two: Cartel, Tomb Raider, GOW Ascension, and Bioshock Infinite in March.

Good point thanks for the advice. I can always buy MGS hd on ps3. Still vita looks sexy....

i think you should get games and a controller i dont see the appeal of handheld gaming since for the most part i think they should really only be used for stuff like long car rides and stuff like that where you cant play your home system. if i am at home im not going to play any hand held device when i have something better that i can use which also has better games

I know what you mean. The only time i can see myself playing the vita is during my 1hr lunch. Sometimes I feel that hour is too long and go back to work. Is that crazy or what! :yay:

It really depends on your situation. I have been very pleasantly surprised by my Vita and the quality of the games available for it, and it's really nice to be able to play games and earn trophies at times when I'm not able to play my PS3.

That being said, the system itself is just the initial investment and you'd still need a few accessories, memory card, more games etc (although there are some good ones for free on PS+ right now), so if all you have is $185, maybe you're not quite ready to take the plunge yet. Having a Vita has been great, but it's also another system to buy games for, so if you don't have a bunch of extra money to buy Vita games on top of your PS3 gaming budget, you might be better off just sticking with the PS3 for now.

In addition, although there are some really good games for the Vita, there's not a real long list, and most of them are fairly short. But again, most of your time on it would be on quick car rides, at lunch breaks, etc, so it fits for that really well.

Bottom line, if you're telling me that you ONLY have $185 to spend and should you get one game and a Vita vs. multiple PS3 games, I'd stick with the PS3 for now. If you're looking at it as an initial investment, the Vita is a great thing to have...

• Like 1

It really depends on your situation. I have been very pleasantly surprised by my Vita and the quality of the games available for it, and it's really nice to be able to play games and earn trophies at times when I'm not able to play my PS3.

That being said, the system itself is just the initial investment and you'd still need a few accessories, memory card, more games etc (although there are some good ones for free on PS+ right now), so if all you have is $185, maybe you're not quite ready to take the plunge yet. Having a Vita has been great, but it's also another system to buy games for, so if you don't have a bunch of extra money to buy Vita games on top of your PS3 gaming budget, you might be better off just sticking with the PS3 for now.

In addition, although there are some really good games for the Vita, there's not a real long list, and most of them are fairly short. But again, most of your time on it would be on quick car rides, at lunch breaks, etc, so it fits for that really well.

Bottom line, if you're telling me that you ONLY have $185 to spend and should you get one game and a Vita vs. multiple PS3 games, I'd stick with the PS3 for now. If you're looking at it as an initial investment, the Vita is a great thing to have...

Wow.. Trophies and plats being worth just as much as ps3 might seal the deal. Never could budget the money for games so why start now. Leaning towards getting it. You guys are awesome. Thanks!

How used is the vita? if it's anything over a year, I'd take the games and controllers. I heard ps handhelds get damaged easily without spending a few extra bucks on protective equipment for the screen and touch system. Even if the protective equipment comes with it, anything over a year is a no for me.

• Like 1

i think you should just hold off for a second. I really want to buy a Ps vita too but i hate the glossy black color. Its a dust/scratch/finger print magnet. if i was you i would lay off for a couple months, we all know Sony will release a slimmer version of the vita soon and different color. I was going to buy one 2 months ago but good think i waited because im buying a red one from japan. :)

• Like 1

i think you should just hold off for a second. I really want to buy a Ps vita too but i hate the glossy black color. Its a dust/scratch/finger print magnet. if i was you i would lay off for a couple months, we all know Sony will release a slimmer version of the vita soon and different color. I was going to buy one 2 months ago but good think i waited because im buying a red one from japan. :)

interesting.. How much and does it come in the english language?

How used is the vita? if it's anything over a year, I'd take the games and controllers. I heard ps handhelds get damaged easily without spending a few extra bucks on protective equipment for the screen and touch system. Even if the protective equipment comes with it, anything over a year is a no for me.

He says he got it for christmas, but you know how craiglist can be..

interesting.. How much and does it come in the english language?

He says he got it for christmas, but you know how craiglist can be..

its Japanese but you can change the language to english, im assuming its going to be $300. It's a special edition for the Soul Sacrifice game and it has a custom touch pad. it looks awesome, you should check it out.

• Like 1

I would preorder a game and get the controller with a few games. Look, the Vita is awesome, but unless you travel A LOT, it is not a vital asset. The PS3 always has good games and is reliable....the Vita has to prove just some more,. It already has proved quite a bit.....but it needs a few more games.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Drop my Vita on the floor and had it slide with screen down almost from 1 end of bus to another and no damage to screen.

i suggest u to buy a vita! look, u can also transfer yr ps3 games to yr vit(if u have 1), so, just buy a vita, its great, u can play ps3 n ps vita's games on it! so buy the vita! :wave:

Not True.

Certain PS3 games have Cross Buy, which gives you a free copy of Vita version.

Also few PS3 titles can be remote play, but really not happy about that experience.

Vita is a great system, but unless you really want some of the Exclusive titles like Gravity Rush, Persona 4: Golden, Virtue's Last Reward, Liberation, Golden Abyss etc would I go with PS3 games and controllers

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i suggest u to buy a vita! look, u can also transfer yr ps3 games to yr vit(if u have 1), so, just buy a vita, its great, u can play ps3 n ps vita's games on it! so buy the vita! :wave:

This isn't true outside of a few exceptions. I enjoy the Vita very much. There are pros and cons to it's library. There are many games that are very high quality, especially for a handheld system, but there isn't a lot of them. I mean, there's probably close to 30 original games out there and probably about 25 are worthwhile if you like the genre it is. I got a similar deal. Vita with MGS collection and 16 GB memory card for 170$ or so. ALSO, you need to make sure you have a worthwhile memory card for this beast. They are pretty expensive for memory cards (100$ for 32GB cards..) so if this comes with anything equal to or above an 8GB card I would definitely go for it.

Edited by teh_ceedz13

If you can hold out until Black Friday, some nice bundles are sure to pop up. I got a white Vita with AC L and PS All Stars, plus $10 off AC3 and 3 months of PS+ (that I gave away here) on Black Friday. Picked up a 32GB memory card (the biggest size) with it...that and the Vita were the normal price of $250.

Also, it probably helps if you have Plus for the free Vita games, sometimes they give out good ones (like Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, and Ninja Gaiden today)

In the mean time since you have several months to recoup the funds, if you need something to play, I would suggest getting some PS3 games. There are some really great ones releasing this year, and even more great ones that released last year and past years that you may not have played (usually they're only $20-30 too)

Edited by gamerm1337

Actually just got rid of my Vita (for the second time) to acquire funds to build up my PS3 collection, so I suppose I'm a bit biased.

More importantly: why Metal Gear? Why not just nab the HD Collection on the PS3? You get both 2 and 3, but also Peacewalker (which the Vita version doesn't have) for roughly the same retail value.

In the end, I tend to follow a bit of philosophy towards large purchases in gaming. Pick out five games that you absolutely cannot go without, whether it be current or in the future. Weigh that with the benefits, versus the cost. If you see yourself benefiting from it, then I say go for it; otherwise, just wait it out.

well personally my ps3 is still getting the attention, the vita is just sitting there waiting to be played. im a suscriber of lovefilm (similar to gamefly but better) i have a few vita games on my priority list, im just waiting on lovefilm to send them out. those games include asphalt injection, and a few others i cant remember. the vita has so much potential, however in the games department is lacking at the minute. i only hope this changes soon. but yes to answer your question you should definetly pick up a vita. the only problem i have with the vita is its batttery life. it only last for about 4 hours. but thats depending on your sound and brightness i guess.

the only problem i have with the vita is its batttery life. it only last for about 4 hours. but thats depending on your sound and brightness i guess.

thats not a problem, i like that though. n eternalchaos22 is right, the battery life will finish fast if u turn the brightness n volume to the limit!! :blah: