Outlast 2 has a platinum. What do you think?

snakebit10

9 minutes ago, xat4012 said:

Also, glitch that MattMatt has found is not working on INSANE1f611.png. Chekpoints and saves are different things. I tested it out right now.

Thank god :) i love the hard way..

Edited by Rose_OmnisLacrima
  • Like 1

I've already missed three recordings/documents in my first playthrough of the game. ? Does anybody know if I have to collect all these documents again in my next playthrough or do they carryover? I suppose it isn't that big of a deal since I will be playing through this game a couple of times before I even attempt my insane playthrough ?

2 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

I've already missed three recordings/documents in my first playthrough of the game. 1f631.png Does anybody know if I have to collect all these documents again in my next playthrough or do they carryover? I suppose it isn't that big of a deal since I will be playing through this game a couple of times before I even attempt my insane playthrough 1f630.png

Just do a chapter select :)

Yesterday i finished the campaign on nightmare and i got to the end without dying once, I think I'm already prepared to face the insane mode challenge , yet my problem is still "save battery" eheheh i'll try on weekend when i have more time to play

2 hours ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

Just do a chapter select :)

Yesterday i finished the campaign on nightmare and i got to the end without dying once, I think I'm already prepared to face the insane mode challenge , yet my problem is still "save battery" eheheh i'll try on weekend when i have more time to play

Just dont waste battery in places where there are no enemies, take your time and try to navigate the dark places saving all the battery life. I use 2-3 bars at the most on chapter 1 and 2 so i will have close to half battery entering the mines. I made it past chapter 2 on insane today, was so happy i didnt have to deal with Nick and Laird anymore then my game crashed. So extremely dissapointing because after  chapter 2 i find the game fairly easy.

Edited by Quink666

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

Just dont waste battery in places where there are no enemies, take your time and try to navigate the dark places saving all the battery life. I use 2-3 bars at the most on chapter 1 and 2 so i will have close to half battery entering the mines. I made it past chapter 2 on insane today, was so happy i didnt have to deal with Nick and Laird anymore then my game crashed. So extremely dissapointing because after  chapter 2 i find the game fairly easy.

I came to the end of the game with 2 batteries, there are times when I'm afraid of being stuck .. for example in the library i managed to pass without using 1 battery risk but I swear I'll train the part of the battery, I'll manage to overcome this challenge :)

On 29.4.2017 at 9:34 PM, Sakura_p789cs said:

*snip*

first of all: very impressive, congrats! :)

PS4_Trophies uploaded an insane/no batteries guide last night and he stressed like 287 times or so, that there isn't a single full insane walkthrough on youtube right now and all people are just cutting stuff together from nightmare runs. i don't know if he didn't see your video or he was just salty that the game crashed three times on his insane run ;)

i'm not trying to be sarcastic here btw, i'm a big fan of brian's videos, this just seemed kinda strange to me.

PowerPyx also has a video guide, where you even see the trophies popping IIRC, wonder why he hasn't the plat already here on PSNP?!

other than that i'm kinda underwhelmed by outlast2, it's too "open", too much trial and error in my opinion. mostly i was just running somewhere, dying multiple times until i knew where the game wants me to run and then just running there on my umpteenth attempt... brute-forcing myself from checkpoint to checkpoint.

outlast1 was more stealthy i think and i liked that. outlast2 just feels like a trial-n-error chase-simulator so far. but perhaps i'm just playing it wrong :P

Just now, ryankamal1998 said:

Strange how ps4trophies and powerpyx don't have the trophies when you update them. If that was me I'd sync that right away lol

afaik ps4_trophies doesn't have it so far! brian said in his video that he was three times very far into his insane run and the game crashed on him around or even after the 2h mark. he was pretty pissed obviously ;)

but like i said powerpyx should have it, according to his video guide. so i'm confused about that too

4 minutes ago, dernop said:

afaik ps4_trophies doesn't have it so far! brian said in his video that he was three times very far into his insane run and the game crashed on him around or even after the 2h mark. he was pretty pissed obviously ;)

but like i said powerpyx should have it, according to his video guide. so i'm confused about that too

He has a video on his channel from 12 hours ago claiming what trophies he earnt or should've earnt though. And damn that would suck so bad lol ):

I'll be picking up this game for sure. Horror + difficulty is what I like to see :P still need to finish he first one though.

3 hours ago, dernop said:

PS4_Trophies uploaded an insane/no batteries guide last night and he stressed like 287 times or so, that there isn't a single full insane walkthrough on youtube right now and all people are just cutting stuff together from nightmare runs. i don't know if he didn't see your video or he was just salty that the game crashed three times on his insane run ;)

i'm not trying to be sarcastic here btw, i'm a big fan of brian's videos, this just seemed kinda strange to me.

PowerPyx also has a video guide, where you even see the trophies popping IIRC, wonder why he hasn't the plat already here on PSNP?!

other than that i'm kinda underwhelmed by outlast2, it's too "open", too much trial and error in my opinion. mostly i was just running somewhere, dying multiple times until i knew where the game wants me to run and then just running there on my umpteenth attempt... brute-forcing myself from checkpoint to checkpoint.

outlast1 was more stealthy i think and i liked that. outlast2 just feels like a trial-n-error chase-simulator so far. but perhaps i'm just playing it wrong :P

Strange that he has an insane video to the end but he has no platinum! because only 3 people has platinum (congratz to my bud @bigpuff18 :D )
The game itself is not difficult, you just have to be cold blood in some parts of the game! On the weekend I'm going to get platinum because I'm already prepared (at least for insane mode) now during the week I'm trying to train some parts without using the battery. 
Outlast 2 can be "trial-n-error chase-simulator" but at least it's not boring as slender or amnesia

2 hours ago, ryankamal1998 said:

Strange how ps4trophies and powerpyx don't have the trophies when you update them. If that was me I'd sync that right away lol

I don't actually think PowerPyx has the trophies. If you look at his profile he has been syncing his trophies for the Nioh DLC to be popping up on there. Also in his video he popped both Asahel & Prophet at the same time as the Insane trophies. Those show up on his profile but not Messiah or Saint. Think he has done some fine editing? Idk but he should be the first achiever because his video was uploaded before the game officially released. I could have missed something.. 

45 minutes ago, ZachSmoke said:

I don't actually think PowerPyx has the trophies. If you look at his profile he has been syncing his trophies for the Nioh DLC to be popping up on there. Also in his video he popped both Asahel & Prophet at the same time as the Insane trophies. Those show up on his profile but not Messiah or Saint. Think he has done some fine editing? Idk but he should be the first achiever because his video was uploaded before the game officially released. I could have missed something.. 

I mean it's possible but I can't really see him doing that /: Also he put the video up on the 24th but got the trophy for nightmare on the 22nd. Maybe for some reason he used another account? Have no idea

21 minutes ago, ryankamal1998 said:

I mean it's possible but I can't really see him doing that /: Also he put the video up on the 24th but got the trophy for nightmare on the 22nd. Maybe for some reason he used another account? Have no idea

Only 3 people has messiah trophy

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/6070-outlast-2/7-messiah

Maybe he didn't sync the trophies with psnp! 

• Like 1

Red Barrels dev on Steam :

"We're hoping to have a difficulty-rebalancing patch (as well as plenty of technical fixes) by the end of the week.

We have been reading comments (at least when they are expressed in a mature way) and watching youtubers all week. We think we have a good grasp on the most common issues/annoyances."

Also to the people struggling with the Marta section where you need to push the wagon to get to the chapel : 

"A patch will be coming by the end of the week. I know for a fact that this encounter will be made a bit easier. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Great service from this small team of devs! I do have to say personally all I want is for them to make it possible to skip cutscenes. I don't find the difficulty OTT even on Insane and would be really enjoying the challenge of playing it repeatedly until finding that one lucky run.. if it wasn't for having to sit through that damn helicopter scene over and over and over ?

Edited by ser_davos

4 hours ago, ZachSmoke said:

Can't anyone sync his profile with this site? Besides it says his profile was updated 1 hour ago? 

Then explain to me how it is possible that these trophies appear in his account and only 3 people have obtained it? 

12 minutes ago, ser_davos said:

"We're hoping to have a difficulty-rebalancing patch (as well as plenty of technical fixes) by the end of the week.

We have been reading comments (at least when they are expressed in a mature way) and watching youtubers all week. We think we have a good grasp on the most common issues/annoyances."

Also to the people struggling with the Marta section where you need to push the wagon to get to the chapel : 

"A patch will be coming by the end of the week. I know for a fact that this encounter will be made a bit easier. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Great service from this small team of devs! I do have to say personally all I want is for them to make it possible to skip cutscenes. I don't find the difficulty OTT even on Insane and would be really enjoying the challenge of playing it repeatedly until finding that one lucky run.. if it wasn't for having to sit through that damn helicopter scene over and over and over 1f61b.png

That marta encounter it's not even the hardest part of the game lol

6 minutes ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

That marta encounter it's not even the hardest part of the game lol

Yeah I know that but there have been posts in this thread asking for help with that specific section, when I saw that post from the dev on Steam talking about the same part I thought it would be good to quote it here so those previous posters can see it.

Edited by ser_davos

3 minutes ago, ser_davos said:

Yeah I know that but there have been posts in this thread asking for help with that specific section, when I saw that post from the dev on Steam talking about the same part I thought it would be good to quote it here so those previous posters can see it.

If anyone wants i can show how to pass that part!
Btw
If you train the hardest parts you can have the confidence to overcome them, i don't need patches for god sake xD

24 minutes ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

Then explain to me how it is possible that these trophies appear in his account and only 3 people have obtained it? 

They aren't on his account. You type his name on PSN and compare trophies with him and they aren't there or on PSNP. However you can see he has been syncing his trophies sense then because he earned the Nioh DLC trophies today. Also I can personally recall the Messiah trophy sitting at 0% when i loaded the trophy list on my profile on the 25th.It changed when Sakura earned it. 

Edited by ZachSmoke

28 minutes ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

If anyone wants i can show how to pass that part!
Btw
If you train the hardest parts you can have the confidence to overcome them, i don't need patches for god sake xD

That is good of you to offer help, hopefully anyone stuck at that part will see your post.

And yes I agree there is no need to patch this difficulty, it is called Insane mode for a reason right ;)  I hope they just tweak the enemy AI in Normal difficulty or something but keep Insane and Nightmare a real challenge like they are.

1 hour ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

Also to the people struggling with the Marta section where you need to push the wagon to get to the chapel : 

Great service from this small team of devs! I do have to say personally all I want is for them to make it possible to skip cutscenes. I don't find the difficulty OTT even on Insane and would be really enjoying the challenge of playing it repeatedly until finding that one lucky run.. if it wasn't for having to sit through that damn helicopter scene over and over and over 1f61b.png

I hope they dont change it to much. I have practiced on current patch and dont want every timing to change and mess me up.

Edited by Quink666

They aren't on his account. You type his name on PSN and compare trophies with him and they aren't there or on PSNP. However you can see he has been syncing his trophies sense then because he earned the Nioh DLC trophies today. Also I can personally recall the Messiah trophy sitting at 0% when i loaded the trophy list on my profile on the 25th.It changed when Sakura earned it. 

Man i dont care about his profile i'm just saying that it's strange that he has in the video those trophies and in his profile he has only 79% trophies.

3 hours ago, ser_davos said:

That is good of you to offer help, hopefully anyone stuck at that part will see your post.

And yes I agree there is no need to patch this difficulty, it is called Insane mode for a reason right ;)  I hope they just tweak the enemy AI in Normal difficulty or something but keep Insane and Nightmare a real challenge like they are.

I'm here precisely to discuss the game and in what i can help someone, there is a person who has platinum thanks to my help in a somewhat complicated part.
I'll be furious if they launch a patch to make insane mode easier! If there are people who complain about dying many times, first try to use their heads instead of complaining! I know a lot of people like this, they think all games have to be easy like telltale games :P:P
But if they launch a patch to FIX bugs and game errors then i'm in favor because it's boring to be in the middle of the game and suddenly the game gives errors and you do it all over again

2 hours ago, Quink666 said:

I hope they dont change it to much. I have practiced on current patch and dont want every timing to change and mess me up.

I think in that way too :)

Edited by Rose_OmnisLacrima

6 hours ago, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

Man i dont care about his profile i'm just saying that it's strange that he has in the video those trophies and in his profile he has only 79% trophies.

You did ask a question regarding his profile didn't you? You also said "They appear in his account" which they do not. Now you don't care, haha. Whatever. 

Edited by ZachSmoke

You did ask a question regarding his profile didn't you? You also said "They appear in his account" which they do not. Now you don't care, haha. Whatever. 

You're the one who talking about " Those show up on his profile but not Messiah or Saint. Think he has done some fine editing? " how the hell you can edit trophies like that?
When i said that the trophies appear in his account, I'm supposed to be basing myself on what i saw in his video, because it's a strange thing for me to have the trophies appear in an edited way, but each one thinks in his own way
Now if you ask me if he got trophies from NIOH or any other game, that little or nothing interests me! I'm here to debate outlast 2