Bluepoint Games working on unreleased project

Seeing as it's a remake, and they've been working on it for years, I have a hard time believing it has anything to do with NIER or Drakengard.

34 minutes ago, soniq said:

Another possible game they could be working on is Shenmue HD.

This I personally find a lot more likely, especially when they say they want to remake it for the masses, but idk about SEGA and stuff. :P 

Edited by MMDE

1 hour ago, soniq said:

Another possible game they could be working on is Shenmue HD.

I'd absolutely love that! I have never played the Shenmue games but I still really want to. This would be a great opportunity.

On 25/04/2017 at 6:32 PM, StrickenBiged said:

Please be Ni No Kuni, please be Ni No Kuni, please be Ni No Kuni, please be Ni No Kuni, please be Ni No Kuni, please be Ni No Kuni...

Seriously, I think Sony is leaving money on the table if they don't remaster that game. While a critical darling (that I'd like to play) a lot of people didn't pick it up. A remaster/remake would be good marketing for the sequel by generating conversations about the franchise, not to mention the sales of the remake itself. 

Unlikely though, the "remaking a classic" makes me think it could be something from the PS1 or PS2 days...

A critical darling that was a boring slog that only got acclaimed because of the Ghibli attachment. It being pretty much the only JRPG of the PS3 era to get any sort of mainstream media attention and acclaim was no coincidence. What irks me is that everyone who acclaims it (including you, it seems) hasn't played it at all and as such wasn't subject to the myriad of annoyances that comprised most of the experience. 

21 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

A critical darling that was a boring slog that only got acclaimed because of the Ghibli attachment. It being pretty much the only JRPG of the PS3 era to get any sort of mainstream media attention and acclaim was no coincidence. What irks me is that everyone who acclaims it (including you, it seems) hasn't played it at all and as such wasn't subject to the myriad of annoyances that comprised most of the experience. 

Well, I would beg to differ. Ni No Kuni is one of the better JRPGs from that gen, and one of the best PS3 exclusives, in my humble opinion. 

1 hour ago, LunchCannon54 said:

What annoyances...? The only complaints I have about it are the awful trophies - alchemy and familiar taming in particular. Such a tedious grind.

But the main campaign? It was great.

5 hours ago, madbuk said:

What annoyances...? The only complaints I have about it are the awful trophies - alchemy and familiar taming in particular. Such a tedious grind.

But the main campaign? It was great.

The battle system was pretty awful. The "catching" system was pretty awful. Honestly, those are my biggest complaints, and the battle system one kinda ruined the entire experience for me. It was like playing an old Final Fantasy game with a shitty battle system. :\

I think it's more likely to be Shenmue or Spyro or something.

Something like Legend of Dragoon isn't totally out of the question, seeing it's Sony IP and I've seen so many people request the PS1 version of the game on PS3 and whatnot. idk Seems like a lot of work to remake.

Edited by MMDE