Merge Multiplatform/Region Games’ Forums?

Since the site clearly doesn't want to do anything about this, now would be a good time to point out that @HusKy's PSNP+ browser extension now has an option to show all threads in one place. Not quite as clean as if the site itself did it, but a good solution with the available tools. 

Edited by barra333
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Im quite certain the title of the thread indicating the version is enough to resolve that concern.

Then, every time someone posted any topic for the game, the community would have to ask "which region? which platform?" because you know most of the threads won't mention these specifics. It solves one problem while causing another.

Edited by Helyx

2 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Then, every time someone posted any topic for the game, the community would have to ask "which region? which platform?" because you know most of the threads won't mention these specifics. It solves one problem while causing another.

I agree that the questions of platforms and regions will occur in this case many tmes but i'm still in favour of 1 forum for 1 game across all stacks so everybody has a chance to see all comments easier for any game :)

Just now, Evil_Joker88 said:

i'm still in favour of 1 forum for 1 game across all stacks

I'm also in favor of it, but it creates additional problem that the development "team" here most likely won't address.

If there was an option when creating a thread to add tags for the region/platform, then I'd fully support the idea. I don't believe Sly would ever get around to adding this feature, so merged forums would just be cluttered.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Helyx said:

The question is which is the bigger problem?

Games that only have an issue in one region or console, but not the others, or games releasing across multiple regions and consoles all having separate threads when the content of a thread in one applies to them all?

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

The question is which is the bigger problem?

Games that only have an issue in one region or console, but not the others, or games releasing across multiple regions and consoles all having separate threads when the content of a thread in one applies to them all?

Hard to say, since it's a case-by-case basis, but without users taking manual incentive to tag their posts/threads with the region/platform it kinda loses traction when certain glitches/tricks only work on certain regions/platforms.

The larger problem would actually be people not taking 15 seconds to check the other game forums. I feel a true solution shouldn't be one that causes additional problems, and the larger issue is users not taking the time to read all available information.

If merging all the forums into a singular larger forum is the only fix we can agree on, then you're probably right about it being the lesser of two evils, even if it's not perfect.

20 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Hard to say, since it's a case-by-case basis, but without users taking manual incentive to tag their posts/threads with the region/platform it kinda loses traction when certain glitches/tricks only work on certain regions/platforms.

The larger problem would actually be people not taking 15 seconds to check the other game forums. I feel a true solution shouldn't be one that causes additional problems, and the larger issue is users not taking the time to read all available information.

If merging all the forums into a singular larger forum is the only fix we can agree on, then you're probably right about it being the lesser of two evils, even if it's not perfect.

How many games out there have multiple many differences between platform? More often than not, it will be one thing, which has one thread that will have the platform in the title or a tag. That is such a small issue to use to justify keeping the community separate in an otherwise identical game. 

11 minutes ago, barra333 said:

That is such a small issue to use to justify keeping the community separate in an otherwise identical game. 

I didn't choose the current forum layout, and I've already stated I'm in favor of a merged "mega forum" for each game.

I'm just pointing out the possible issues with it and hoping someone takes it into consideration to help find a better solution.

10 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Does the site still make 8 forums for each of the 8 stack shite?

Certainly those should be merged if they are not already.

Perhaps have the game title, then break is down to console and then down to region so it’s technically merged under 1 game but still able to sub-topic under which ever is applicable.

I only just discovered this thread, but this is something that I was always wondering why was never implemented!

It's so annoying to have to bounce back and forth between forums to find the one specific forum that has the topic you're looking for. It's one of the only things that PST does better than here, but I rarely use those forums for game help nowadays.

99% of all stacks have the same trophy list as the other versions, and for the ones that don't, all that needs to be done is have a tag like [PS4] or [PSV] or [PS5] in front of any version specific thread to avoid any confusion.

I hope that combining the forums is something that will happen at some point!