Merge Multiplatform/Region Games’ Forums?

I think it would be actually less organized if that was to happen. When a new regions trophy set comes out we usually get a thread asking what region it is for. Using Sound Shapes as an example and if the Sound Shapes forums were merged, we might have 6 different topics all asking what region or platform the list was for clogging up a page. You would still be jumping from link to link. It is easier to just open a new tab in your browser. If I remember right, there are a decent amount of M rated games that release in certain regions that were changed in one way or another due to their content also. If you put your question or the trophy name in the search bar, it probably would have found your answer, regardless of the sub-section the topic was posted under.

Edited by skateak

7 hours ago, skateak said:

I think it would be actually less organized if that was to happen. When a new regions trophy set comes out we usually get a thread asking what region it is for. Using Sound Shapes as an example and if the Sound Shapes forums were merged, we might have 6 different topics all asking what region or platform the list was for clogging up a page.

There isn't a need to really know the region though.  All 6 Sound Shapes games play exactly the same, unlock trophies the same way, and function the same way.  The only difference is they have separate trophy lists.

My point is, probably 95% of the time a question is asked on one region/platform, it applies to all versions.  The other cases where it doesn't, having all information in one game forum isn't a bad thing and/or confusing.  The minor (and major) differences between platform / region just aren't substantial enough to warrant their own forum when most threads will apply to all of them, and the ones that don't will be painfully obvious. If there really is an exception to the this, they can be case by case scenarios.

6 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

There isn't a need to really know the region though.  All 6 Sound Shapes games play exactly the same, unlock trophies the same way, and function the same way.  The only difference is they have separate trophy lists.

The point of knowing regions isn't to know differences between versions; it's to know how/where to buy versions you haven't platted yet. This info is reasonably common-knowledge with Sound Shapes, but not with other games.

That said, I don't see why this conflicts with merging forums (a suggestion that I agree with). All that will change is that people will have to link to the particular trophy list for which they're asking about the region.

• Like 1

I guess if something like this gets implemented, there is a need for a tag before the thread title, if people refer to a certain version of the game, like Sound Shapes

[Vita] Thread A

[PS3] Thread B

[PS4 EU] Thread C

[general / all] Thread D

Not sure, if this is worth all the trouble, although I somewhat like the general idea. There were multiple times when I had to think about, which game-forum I wanted to look something up and had to check both (or more) forums.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I agree with merging the forum pages of different versions of a game, be it regional and/or console differences. If people want to talk about a specific game they can add "PS3 version" or whatever to the thread title. This way, if someone posts a "game thoughts" thread for one version people looking at their list from a different version can see the thread and reply. I don't care if you've played the PS3 or PS4 version of Gat Out Of Hell, I just want to know how fun it is when compared to the main series.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

I know this is old as molasses but I was going to create a topic on this exact same subject. This would be awesome, as the pluses would vastly outweigh the minuses. It's ridiculous to have information sometimes relevant to a game in the NA forum or the EU (or whatever region) and not on any of the others. It would also help to spot games that are buggy in one region, instead of having to peek into each one. Most of the games that are available on multiple consoles are almost equal, so tips and bugs probably apply to all versions, but like this they only stay in one place (Dead Nation for instance). As it is it's a mess.

Is it too difficult to implement? The underlying software doesn't allow it?

I think we should let trophies list as they are but we should sort game by region. So if we play only NA games we should can see only games from the region which interested us.

But I'm agree with the original post, Forum Should be the same for every game 'cause like many of us when I'm looking for find a tips, I have to read all forums from all games stacks to find that I need !

Sorry for my english I'm french !

Edited by OjamaX

I want to throw my support behind merging multiple regions, especially with the PS5 games all having multiple lists right now that are functionally the same. For example, there are 3 lists for Sackboy - PS4 and 2 x PS5. The most active forum is attached to the PS4 list while the two PS5 ones have nothing and two threads. This means that if I'm looking at my PS5 list, there isn't really a forum linked from the front page.

The number of games where the trophy lists or criteria are significantly different would be way smaller than the benefits seen from merging them.

Back when I created this thread, there weren't region tags identifying each game, which seems to make the main opposition to the idea at the time less relevant. There's been at least 3 new threads since this one though, requesting the same thing. With region tags now being applied to lists, and the option for people to link a trophy list if they have a question about one specifically, I still think this is a good idea. In extreme cases, there can always be a split forum as well.

Edit : Besides, in this day and age, doing different regions is more or less to stack EZPZs. There needs to be SOME challenge to plat these games :)

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 2

I think the biggest advantage would be for threads like story or trophy discussion on games that are not Platinum cash grabs. Especially on story driven games there are similar threads in the NA and EU forums and it would make discussion easier if there was only one thread. Because no one answers or refers to the NA discussion in the EU forum or vice versa, thus discussions get lost between the regions.

However, to overcome the "different trophy lists" issue I'd also suggest this:

On 27.4.2017 at 6:40 PM, dalailama1989 said:

I guess if something like this gets implemented, there is a need for a tag before the thread title, if people refer to a certain version of the game, like Sound Shapes

[Vita] Thread A

[PS3] Thread B

[PS4 EU] Thread C

[general / all] Thread D

• 1 month later...

Do any mods want to weigh in on this? 

On 11/13/2020 at 1:32 PM, barra333 said:

I want to throw my support behind merging multiple regions, especially with the PS5 games all having multiple lists right now that are functionally the same. For example, there are 3 lists for Sackboy - PS4 and 2 x PS5. The most active forum is attached to the PS4 list while the two PS5 ones have nothing and two threads. This means that if I'm looking at my PS5 list, there isn't really a forum linked from the front page.

The number of games where the trophy lists or criteria are significantly different would be way smaller than the benefits seen from merging them.

A couple of months on, both the PS4 and active PS5 forum now have more or less equal posts, with several threads deliberate duplicates between the two. Kind of mad to have two separate discussions on identical games. I'm sure this applies to several other games.

47 minutes ago, barra333 said:

Do any mods want to weigh in on this? 

A couple of months on, both the PS4 and active PS5 forum now have more or less equal posts, with several threads deliberate duplicates between the two. Kind of mad to have two separate discussions on identical games. I'm sure this applies to several other games.

If they have an identical PS4/PS5 trophy lists and there are duplicate conversations, I've been manually merging them so there is only one conversation.

If anyone sees this happening with other platforms, feel free to report them and the mods can merge the conversations.

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If they have an identical PS4/PS5 trophy lists and there are duplicate conversations, I've been manually merging them so there is only one conversation.

If anyone sees this happening with other platforms, feel free to report them and the mods can merge the conversations.

Erica was like this. Info was on both forums so i just happened to see the other forum by googling a question

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Are you merging individual threads into a chosen platform's forum, or is there talk in the mod-castle about merging entire forums so that only one exists?

2 minutes ago, barra333 said:

Are you merging individual threads into a chosen platform's forum, or is there talk in the mod-castle about merging entire forums so that only one exists?

Merging entire forums is completely on Sly. 

I have been merging to whichever platform the conversation was started.

7 minutes ago, barra333 said:

Fair enough, do you know if he is thinking about it or is it too far down the priority list? Merging threads at a mod-level is helpful, but doesn't really solve the problem of having discussions about one game in two (or more) places.

Can't say I have any insight into planning or priority lists. If you catch Sly on Discord, you can probably ask about this there. 

• 5 months later...

Huh i sure didn't know that there already was a topic on this.

I sure would like if different regions got mergred into 1 forum since some games have useful guides or videos in only one forum so you then have to search for the game and then find the right region to get to the helpful topic which could be reduced to just having one forum for multiple regions. It also would reduce the amount of similar topics in various regions.

• 1 year later...

So not that it's likely to have any effect, but I'm going to necro this thread again to throw my support behind merging boards for the same game. I just finished the DLC for Nobody Saves the World, and there's a very helpful hints thread for the challenges, but it's only on the PS5 board. I'm playing on PS4, so when I went through my trophy list on this site to find the thread, it shows no topics at all. I can get to the thread with either a little google-fu or by searching the game from the homepage here, but it's unnecessary extra work.

• Like 1

Yeah, since boosting threads aren't a thing as per rules here the idea of merging forums is still a great suggestion imho. I don't know if it is actually true but I would assume that most games wouldn't have the problem of having a different trophy list between regions. "Other" sites already show that it can work to have one forum per game.

I disagree , I mean some PS4 games may have issues which can only occur on the previous generation but not present in the PS5 and having a sole forum on a game may cause confusion down the line as to which issue lie with with console.

Edited by amurnin100
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, amurnin100 said:

I disagree , I mean some PS4 games may have issues which can only occur on the previous generation but not present in the PS5 and having a sole forum on a game may cause confusion down the line as to which issue lie with with console.

Im quite certain the title of the thread indicating the version is enough to resolve that concern. 

• Like 2