Bugged trophies

turniplord

10 hours ago, WhiteMonkey88 said:

"You call that cheating...?" Isn't popping for me now. Is it just me?

What is with these people? They fix one thing and break another!!

has to be all different objects and may not be 15. should come throughout the game though as there are loads on all the objects you pick up

4 hours ago, turniplord said:

has to be all different objects and may not be 15. should come throughout the game though as there are loads on all the objects you pick up

Ahh ok. Is that something they changed in one of these later updates? I've read a few things that say it can be one item

But all good. I'll keep going with it then, hopefully it'll pop soon. Thanks mate

3 hours ago, WhiteMonkey88 said:

Ahh ok. Is that something they changed in one of these later updates? I've read a few things that say it can be one item

But all good. I'll keep going with it then, hopefully it'll pop soon. Thanks mate

Are you playing start to finish on Patch 1.05? I'd very much like to know if you can get the entire plat that way - please let us know!

22 hours ago, WhiteMonkey88 said:

Definitely can't be done on one item, I know that for sure. I think it unlocked for me shortly after getting to the fairground.

6 hours ago, WhiteMonkey88 said:

Just unlocked it, so it is working still :)

What is the "Time to collect your thoughts" trophy though?

Think that's the one where, throughout the game you have the option to hear Kate's thoughts by pressing a button before selecting an option. You have to do that a few times

• Like 1

Please tell me this is just me doing something wrong and they haven't broken it more? 

I know people said the 20,000 leagues under the lake trophy is obtainable now, but that's when you've already done the requirements? I can't do anything down there. You can see that I'm pushing the buttons to pick up the key and cogs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FooueEkkOLo

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So sad that there is still possible the trophy is bugged,i missed the only 1 trophy "grumpy old... " from 1st playthrough then i restart from whole game after completed 1st playthrough, i did

-leave the workshop

-examine the mechanical bird

-play with lights on/off(after saved steiner and watched the film) 

But then no trophy pops and thanks god i did backup a save copy of arriving in vasembor, i guess i have to try again and again and see anything to pops the trophy

• 11 months later...

Unfortunately, playing the whole game on v1.00 (European disc) doesn't trigger all trophies.

Neither does playing that version with the v1.05 patch.

I encountered a vast amount of bugs and glitches, including receiving A little tenderness, maybe...? instead of Ironic, ain't it? .

Yes I've played through the whole game twice and couldn't trigger the story-bound 20,000 leagues under the lake  and missed out on The scriptwriter's nightmare  and I am legend even though I followed every scrap of info I could find.

Worst bit is, the glitches don't happen to every system: there's plenty of people who started this month and got the platinum in one playthrough. Could be they own the EU digital version, could be they got the NA disc version. I'm not sure.

Both versions (EU disc v1.00 and disc + 1.05 patch) have game breaking bugs:

- Unable to interact while opening the port locks

- Coaster ride has no interactibles when halfway on the track

- Numerous occasions where the camera of v1.00 doesn't exist on v1.05, either resulting in a camera that's half a mile away, or simply not loading (5+ minutes)

The story is good, not the best, but enjoyable. The player experience is.. I won't say abysmal, but it's just not good. Even with the patch there's too many bugs and glitches left.

Play this on PC or XBOX.. PS4 is just not recommendable at this point.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 20/01/2021 at 11:20 PM, Shikotei-kun said:

Unfortunately, playing the whole game on v1.00 (European disc) doesn't trigger all trophies.

Neither does playing that version with the v1.05 patch.

I know I'm late, but I just unlocked the :platinum: and all others trophies fine. Also ?? disc, that's why I'm answering and hope I can help you.

I played full updated game v1.05 (PS4 Pro). Did not install additional Oscar story. Played on Adventure mode (similar experience as previous Syberia games, without modern help).

?? dub+subtitles/text (I don't think that matters).

If you still own the game, I highly suggest you to completely delete your previous save and start a new one, just to be sure no old curse would ruin your run.

Maybe that's why some trophies didn't pop when you replayed Syberia 3 updated?

About the trophies you didn't earn:

Spoiler

20,000 leagues under the lake - Unlocked right after I opened the second underwater gate, start of the cutscene.

The scriptwriter's nightmare - Got this one just before Tripping, when I talked to Oscar on his vehicle.

I am legend - Unlocked right after the chat with Katerina. I'm exited from her home and there's an auto-save. 

Wish you luck and the :platinum: if you're brave enough to start a third run. ?

On 11/6/2021 at 11:33 PM, FinalFan said:

I know I'm late, but I just unlocked the :platinum: and all others trophies fine. Also 1f1ea-1f1fa.png disc, that's why I'm answering and hope I can help you.

I still have the game.

If you followed some kind of guide, can you link me to it? Language isn't a problem.

What I'll try (after finishing my current game, which might take a few weeks) is:

- Delete the game's files and saves

- Set my PS4's (regular PS4) language to French

- Install the game from disc (AFAIK no Oscar story on disc)

- Check for updates

- Start a new game in adventure mode, French audio and subs

All this while keeping track of the Scriptwriter's Nightmare.

I do hope the missing trophies won't evade me this time.

On 08/11/2021 at 11:22 AM, Shikotei-kun said:

I still have the game.

If you followed some kind of guide, can you link me to it? Language isn't a problem.

I used the french guide https://www.psthc.fr/unjeu/syberia3-ps4/guide-trophees.htm

While they're mentioning v1.06, I can say for sure it's a mistake.

After done with the game, I also installed and played the bonus Oscar story (it's short, around 40 minutes) and that didn't change anything (no 1.05 to 1.06, still 1.05).

Good luck with Scriptwriter's Nightmare, as it's not very we'll known what counts or not for this one.

Just in case, I opened my box and both box + disc have serial number CUSA-05545. Disc have Microids logo as well as Pegi + USK (german) 12.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2021 at 9:19 PM, FinalFan said:

snip

I would like to say that the story trophy "20.000 leagues under the lake" popped.

With the amount of people playing (and obtaining the plat) I think the thing that mattered most is playing on "Adventure" (fewer hints). Since I don't want to risk another full playthrough I'm sticking to the French setup.

At least now there's hope that the game-wide trophy "Scriptwriter's Nightmare" and the late-game "I Am Legend" will pop.

Will update this post once they (didn't) pop. Regardless, I would like to thank you for giving me hope again.

-- update --

Both I Am Legend and the Scriptwriter's Nightmare popped. Platinum obtained!

The things I did for the Nightmare:

- Clinic: Read the email from Nic Cantin on the computer in Efimova's office before he calls her (you).

- Youkol camp: Speak to the artisan about the squid statue (part 1).

- Valsembor: Speak to the fisherman at the left side of the pier about the local legend (part 2).

- Valsembor: Speak to the innkeeper and Sarah before meeting Steiner.
- Valsembor: Examine the statue in the square before meeting Steiner.

- Valsembor: Read Captain Obo's diary before meeting Steiner.

- Valsembor: Speak with one of the protestors before meeting Steiner.

- Onboard Krystal: When told to start the ice breakers, go outside and examine the strange machine at the front of the ship. Then talk to Obo about it.

- Baranour: Decouple the two carts on the right side of the entrance before opening the automaton's chest at the beach.

- Baranour: Place the tiny cog on the ferris wheel before opening the automaton's chest at the beach.

- Baranour: Examine and read through the photo album found in the metro wagon before meeting Katarina.

- Baranour: Restore power to the park before talking to Oscar (who's now sitting on the cart).

The trophy popped when I talked to Oscar (even before selecting any dialog option).

The tiny cog had yet to be needed, so it probably doesn't count until that time.

I've also found that the following points should also count:

- Olympia metro: Possess the object to re-establish the radiation test before you are asked to do so.

- Olympia: Collect all three pieces before they are even mentioned to you.

- Balatom river: Pull the lever to lower the wheel of the bridge before speaking with the watcher

Hopefully this helps people.

One thing I can also advise, is to play the game on Hard/Adventure, not Easy/Voyage (uncertain what the exact English terms are as I played the whole thing in French). It's the bottom of the two options. I also never used "continue", but opted to "load game" every time I continued playing.

Edited by Shikotei-kun
Updated popped trophies + added Scriptwriter's Nightmare details
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

The game is so buggy. Starting with 1.05 patch bugged the game in the lake part, and I can't do anything (when I need to pick up gears). To proceed I had to take the game back to v1.00 (physical EU version), but doing this bugged for me two trophies: "20,000 leagues under the lake" and "Colonel, are you receiving me? Over".

So last patch don't let all the trophies unlock correctly.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

...am I the only one who has issues with You call that cheating? I tried a lot of forums, I've only seen it as a mouse problem, but here I am: I cannot interact with the points of interests on objects. With some magical luck I managed to catch the point on the Octopus key which was needed for story progression, but nothing else. I press triangle like a crazy on every other object, and sometimes the interaction circle blinks for a second, but that's it, cannot get Kate's comment...

EDIT: Nevermind, found out the problem: in the youkol camp the inventory was way too laggy for inspection...

Edited by sirendragonri