Summer 2017 Backlog Challenge

26 minutes ago, ShadowStar83x said:

4th PSN account FTW.

At this rate, you'll be giving @MidnightCJ a run for his money

Edited: Oh I get it now :)  You'll just be using your Torracat profile on the forum instead.

Edited by Mesopithecus

On 6/28/2017 at 3:06 AM, MidnightCJ said:

Platinums:

• Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories (6%)
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (1%)
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD (4%)
  • Dragon Fantasy Book of Ice (:platinum:)
  • Dark Cloud (:platinum:)
  • The Deadly Tower of Monsters (:platinum:)
  • Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (45%)
  • Life is Strange (:platinum:)

100%:

• The Unfinished Swan (0%) (Not touching ever again)
  • Gone Home: Console Edition (100%)
  • A Boy and His Blob (28%) (DEAD & DELETED ?)
  • ABZU (100%)
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2 (52%)

Nothing makes one rage-quit faster than a crow made out of petrol and the third world boss made a laughing stock out of me. I eventually gave up. (That's not to say I won't 100% the game, it's just that I have higher priorities right now. I have uploaded the save game to the cloud so I can call it back at a later date so I haven't deleted my entire progress.)

I started Kingdom Hearts 0.2 on Critical Mode... and answered "no" by accident, losing all of my last game's progress. Luckily I still have the trophies there so I just have to re-earn the objectives, not a big deal. I did take a bunch of damage in the beginning but Critical Mode in 0.2 isn't that ridiculously dangerous. :)

I may have to drop out, however. Not because I am a failure but because I need to focus on the upcoming events for July - I'm in a very serious platinum race(if you read the Platinum Race of Pride thread, I'm in there) and I also put up some games for Kill Your Completion CYOA so I have a lot of work to do and won't have time to complete the other games on my list(although Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom is almost done the first playthrough, just need to find a way through the final temple).

inFamousFestival of Blood (5/14) 23% -> (14/14) 100%

Final Fantasy VII (2/32) 2%

Far Cry 3 (3/51) 4% -> (10/51) 14%

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (3/36) 4% -> (36/36) 100%

Until Dawn (2/19) 5%

Alice: Madness Returns (8/51) 11% -> (9/51)12%

LEGO Marvel Avengers (0/71) 0% -> (4/71) 4%-> (42/71) 56% -> (71/71) 100%

Sly 3 is officially off the backlog. When I first played the game I couldn't get into it but now it is probably my favorite Sly game to date. Some of the challenges for the chapters took a couple of tries for me due to the time restraints on some, some due to having half health, and doing stupid stuff by accident but it was really fun. I also really enjoyed the new Cooper members some new to the series and some returning from the previous entries. I did some more in Far Cry 3 (which I'm thoroughly enjoying so far), I'm excited to see what more the game has in store. I decided to finish up the PS3 games on my list first since I haven't paid much attention to it lately and most of backlog is on the PS3 anyways. Alice: Madness Returns will probably be the last of the PS3 games I'll finish for the list, then I think I'll do Until Dawn and then Final Fantasy VII.  

Edited by ZombHunter13
  • Like 1

What the heck, I'll join this... Started a new account, so I have a TON of backlog of games I'd like to play/replay.

1. XBlaze Code: Embryo (Vita) - 20% (14/39)
  2. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma - 0% (0/33)
  3. Dead Space - 0% (0/49)
  4. Tales From the Borderlands (PS4) - 0% (0/36)
  5. Puss In Boots - 0% (0/40)

I might add more if I get enough of these done.

Edited by hotdog_president

4 hours ago, hotdog_president said:

What the heck, I'll join this... Started a new account, so I have a TON of backlog of games I'd like to play/replay.

When one person joins, another bows out.

Yes, it's my decision that I am dropping out from the Summer Backlog challenge. The reasons include Kent asking me to platinum Rogue Legacy for the Platinum Race, which I agreed to do. As such, and as I am prepping some games not on this list for the platinum race come Saturday and also going to have half of my time dedicated to platinuming FFXIV which is a time-sink unto itself, I will be too busy to continue working on the games on my list as of now. I do intend to finish them this year, but for now they have lesser priority. (I do intend to platinum Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom, at least. I don't want that wart on my conscience.)

And as I won't have much of a backlog considering that my game budget is going to be too low for the rest of 2017 due to having to pay a subscription fee to Square-Enix for FFXIV as well as a subscription fee to GameFly to get any more games as rentals, I won't be able to participate in any more Backlog challenges this year or the next... and probably will be through with the Backlog challenges for good as any future games I play will probably be rentals. :(

7 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

When one person joins, another bows out.

Yes, it's my decision that I am dropping out from the Summer Backlog challenge. The reasons include Kent asking me to platinum Rogue Legacy for the Platinum Race, which I agreed to do. As such, and as I am prepping some games not on this list for the platinum race come Saturday and also going to have half of my time dedicated to platinuming FFXIV which is a time-sink unto itself, I will be too busy to continue working on the games on my list as of now. I do intend to finish them this year, but for now they have lesser priority. (I do intend to platinum Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom, at least. I don't want that wart on my conscience.)

And as I won't have much of a backlog considering that my game budget is going to be too low for the rest of 2017 due to having to pay a subscription fee to Square-Enix for FFXIV as well as a subscription fee to GameFly to get any more games as rentals, I won't be able to participate in any more Backlog challenges this year or the next... and probably will be through with the Backlog challenges for good as any future games I play will probably be rentals. :(

Well, as always, no penalty and you can join future challenges if you so desire.

End of June progress update

PS4
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (0%)
Digimon World: Next Order (17%)
Gravity Rush 2 (7%)
Never Alone (12% -> 67%)
Nier Automata (0%)
Nights of Azure (18%)
Puyo Puyo Tetris (87% -> 90%)
Starwhal (25%)

PS3
Anna: Extended Edition (0%)
Closure (23%)
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (0%)
Okami HD (14%)

Vita
Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault (14%)
Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (15%)
Bastion (1% -> 18%)
Croixleur Sigma (23%)
Day of the Tentacle Remastered (0%)
History Legends of War: Patton (0%)
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed (100%)
Ultratron (52%)

End of the first month and I've only completed one game. Good thing June's the shortest month, huh?

Well, anyway. I've made significant progress in a lot of games that I probably wouldn't have if I didn't sign up for this challenge. Beating Bastion and Never Alone back to back were some great experiences. Never Alone is only a hour away from 100%, while Bastion goes onto NG+. I've popped 60,000 puyos so about six to seven hours more of that will get me that platinum. Tomorrow (well today now) starts a 4-day weekend with the 4th of July holiday in the US so I'll have a lot of time to make up some ground that I didn't do in June.

I will, at the very least, finally get to Nier Automata in July. Very excited, Nier was one of my favorite games on the PS3.

Already got one game done! Might add Watch_Dogs 2 if I decide to purchase the DLC.

1. XBlaze Code: Embryo (Vita) - 20% (14/39) 100% (39/39)
  2. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma - 0% (0/33) 9% (6/33)
  3. Dead Space - 0% (0/49)
  4. Tales From the Borderlands (PS4) - 0% (0/36)
  5. Puss In Boots - 0% (0/40)
  • Like 1

Progress update:

1. Grim Fandango Remastered..............................100%
  2. Child of Light.......................................................100%
  3. Lone Survivor......................................................100%
  4. Oddworld: New n' Tasty.......................................100%
  5. Broken Age..........................................................0%
  6. Transistor............................................................13%
  7. Dead Space.........................................................4%
  8. The Evil Within.....................................................3%
  9. Outlast.................................................................3%
  10. BioShock 2...........................................................0%

There, I got my first UR platinum for this event! Oddworld New n Tasty, which I started 2 years and 3 months ago (it was the second game I started on this profile). It was better than I expected. On to Broken Age!

Progress Update: 12 (Day 32)

1. Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter 100%
  2. Skylanders: Superchargers 100%
  3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood 66%
  4. Saints Row: The Third 0%
  5. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood 0%
  6. Dishonored 0%
  7. Bioshock 0%
  8. Murdered: Soul Suspect 0%
  9. The Order: 1886 100%
  10. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture 76% => 78%
  11. Telltale's The Walking Dead: A New Frontier 0%
  12. Planet 51: The Game 11%
  13. South Park: Stick of Truth 0%
  14. Telltale's Batman 100%
  15. Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (vita) 13% => 100%

back from my holiday now, as planned I managed to plat lego star wars the force awakens also as a bonus managed to get some trophy progress on sid meier's civ rev 2 plus for the vita. Been enjoying some crash bandicoot this morning, and now am about to get back onto assassin's creed and hope I can get it done by the end of the week.

Progress update: 12 (Day 32)

1. Telltale's Walking Dead: Season 1 100%
  2. Telltale's Walking Dead: Season 2 100%
  3. Telltale's Walking Dead: Season 3 0%
  4. Deliriant 100%
  5. Never Alone 35%
  6. ALBEDO: Eyes From Outer Space 100%
  7. Ether One 100%
  8. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture 0% => 3%
  9. Gravity Rush: Remastered 9%
  10. Infamous: Second Son 14%
  11. Infamous: First Light 30%
  12. Tearaway: Unfolded 4%
  13. The Order: 1886 0% => 100%
  14. Hitman: Go 29%
  15. zombi 26%
  16. The Escapists: The Walking Dead 1%

Played the order through to completion loved every minute of it, I feel it was a very underrated game. played the first 5 minutes of EGtTR and it seems like a decent game.

Overall not made much progress on my challenge games due to the fact that I have been taking a break from my challenge games to play game of thrones through to platinum and catching up with an old friend playing some fifa and cod with them.

New Update:

1. Star Wars Force Unleashed II (PS3) - 13%

2. Volume (PS4) - 21% => 100% :platinum:

3. Chambara (PS4) - 100%

4. SteinsGate (PS3) - 100% :platinum:

5. FreezeMe (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

6. Lara Croft Go (PS4) - 43% => 100% :platinum:

7. Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions (PS3) - 82% => 100% :platinum:

Volume down. I was quite right that the game got a bit repetitive. There were some good levels in there but it's just not really my kind of genre.

Speaking of different genres I'm adding some new ones:

8. Tony Hawk pro skater hd (PS3) - 0%

I loved Dave Mirra on my PS2. Biking was big back in my day. Never played skateboarding before though, but a lot of the mechanics should be the same.

9. White tail challenge (PS3) - 0%

Never played a hunting game before...ever. No idea what to expect.

I'd also love to add Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, but then I saw that the dlc still costs 30 dollars. That seems really stupid since I bought the game for 3 dollars. Guess I won't be 100% that one. I'm sure I'll add more soon.

Edited by colinmazzini

Progress update

PS4
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey (0%)
Digimon World: Next Order (17%)
Gravity Rush 2 (7%)
Never Alone (67% -> 100%)
Nier Automata (0%)
Nights of Azure (18%)
Puyo Puyo Tetris (90% -> 100%)
Starwhal (25%)

PS3
Anna: Extended Edition (0%)
Closure (23%)
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (0%)
Okami HD (14%)

Vita
Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault (14%)
Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (15% -> 17%)
Bastion (18%)
Croixleur Sigma (23%)
Day of the Tentacle Remastered (0%)
History Legends of War: Patton (0%)
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed (100%)
Ultratron (52%)

A much needed update. That finishes off both Puyo Puyo Tetris and Never Alone. Puyo Puyo Tetris was very fun - I knew much more about tetris than puyo puyo like most people since there aren't many puyo games outside of Japan. Even so, all the puyo popping at the end wasn't that bad. Definitely one of the best games I've played so far this year. On the other side though, there is Never Alone. Not a fan of the controls in single player and the puzzles are all very simple (the DLC is slightly better in that regard). Overall, the game portion was probably a waste. The Cultural Insights were somewhat interesting and are the true highlight, but some are hidden pretty well. One of my friends said they should have just made a documentary instead of a video game, and I would have to agree with that.

Atelier continues to move along. That one trophy was just to extend my trophy streak, nothing more.

I might start tackling those PS3 games soon. Closure might not be a good idea since it's another indie puzzle platformer and I don't want to play another one of those right now, but I might try the others out soon.

Edited by Arctic Cress
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2017 at 9:20 PM, Edunstar84 said:

I guess I couldn't stay away long enough. Focusing on games that are on my shelf waiting to be played rather than on my PSN list.

1. Hitman GO - 0%
  2. Dragon Age: Origins - 0%
  3. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum - 11%
  4. Final Fantasy XIII-2:platinum:
  5. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair - 0%
  6. Dangaronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls - 0%

So I haven't really made any progress because I've been distracted with other events and such. But will try to do Hitman Go this month.

1. Mass Effect Andromeda (18%)
2. Persona 5 (17%)
3. Arslan: The Warriors of Legend (25%)
4. Strider (0%)
5. Earthlock: Festival of Magic (6%)
6. Virginia (0%)
7. Nights of Azure (13%)
8. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments (0%)
9. The Order 1886 (:platinum:)
10. Wheels of Aurelia (:platinum:)
11. Ether One (0%)
12. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (0%)
13. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (0%)
14. The Little Acre (:platinum:)
15. Psychonauts (:platinum:)
16. Alone With You (0%)
17. Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse (0%)
18. Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride (:platinum:)
19. Day of the Tentacle (:platinum:)
20. Axiom Verge (0%)

• Like 1

New Update:

2. Volume (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

3. Chambara (PS4) - 100%

8. Tony Hawk pro skater hd (PS3) - 0% =>3%

9. White tail challenge (PS3) - 0% => 35%

Played a bit of both games after I posted last night. Tony Hawk seems fun, still getting a hang of the mechanics. Whitetail challenge, on the other hand, I don't know. It is something I guess. I'll play the next level and see what happens.

1.  Knack ( 32%)

2.  Lego Batman 3 ( 14% -> 68%)

3. Tearaway unfolded (1%-> 42%)

4.  Metal gear solid 5: The phantom pain (0%)

5.  Alienation (4%)

I got plat on Lego batman so only thing to do is play all dlc levels and after those it's 100% complete. It had few boring guests on hub worlds but i enjoyed playing it because i have not played any Lego game for long time. Also finished Tearaway's story. Tearaway's world which was made out of paper look very nice. In some points of the game you can draw things with touchpad and they appear in the game which was nice addition. I played little bit MGS Ground zeroes and got almost half of the trophies for it. After i get all trophies for it i will start main game.

• Like 1

I'm back baby

1. Game of Thrones 0% --> 25%

2. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 10%

3. The Order: 1886 0%

4. Life is Strange 100% platinum-icon.png

5. Ghost Recon Wildlands 15% --> 16%

6. Watch_Dogs 0% --> 2%

7. God of War 3 Remastered 0%

8. Wolfenstein: The New Order 0%

9. Fallout 3 3% --> 8%

10. LA Noire 0%

11. Far Cry 3 24%

12. Dead Space 0%

13. God of War 100% platinum-icon.png

14. God of War 2 0%

15. God of War: Chains of Olympus 0%

16. God of War: Ghost of Sparta 0%

17. Rocketbirds 0%

18. Severed 0%

So we're about 1/3 of the way through this challenge, and I've only finished 1/9 of my games. From a mathematical standpoint, that is awful, but I've been gone for half a month, but it's still bad for half a month's progress. Anyways, I'm on episode 2 of TellTale's Game of Thrones. The action sequences are good, but the dialogue-heavy sections are just not as interesting, partially because I really don't know any of the Game of Thrones lore. I just started Watch_Dogs, I like it so far, I'm just about done with Act 1. I plan on actually finishing Game of Thrones this week and perhaps starting up the God of War series again, I need to get my crap together.

• Like 1

Progress Update: Week 5

1. Fallout 4 (0%)
  2. inFAMOUS Second Sun (100%) :platinum:
  3. Far Cry Primal (100%) :platinum:
  4. Wolfenstein Old Blood (100%) :platinum:
  5. Titanfall 2 (0% => 100%:platinum:

Played and plat'd Titanfall 2 this week.  As shooters go, this game has an excellent campaign.  Trophies were pretty enjoyable, apart from the '...Becomes The Master' :bronze: trophy which was incredibly hard.  Online was enjoyable as well - and I'm not a huge online shooter gamer.  Really glad I played this.  Probably my favourite so far in the games I've played in this backlog challenge.

Fallout 4 up next.  Left this till last as I know this is a huge game.  Hopefully I've left the best till last. 

4 down, only 1 to go! 1f600.png

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ragnarok2887 said:

Progress Update: Week 5

1. Fallout 4 (0%)
  2. inFAMOUS Second Sun (100%) :platinum:
  3. Far Cry Primal (100%) :platinum:
  4. Wolfenstein Old Blood (100%) :platinum:
  5. Titanfall 2 (0% => 100%:platinum:

Played and plat'd Titanfall 2 this week.  As shooters go, this game has an excellent campaign.  Trophies were pretty enjoyable, apart from the '...Becomes The Master' :bronze: trophy which was incredibly hard.  Online was enjoyable as well - and I'm not a huge online shooter gamer.  Really glad I played this.  Probably my favourite so far in the games I've played in this backlog challenge.

Fallout 4 up next.  Left this till last as I know this is a huge game.  Hopefully I've left the best till last. 

4 down, only 1 to go! 1f600.png

Going to add some more games? You can!

• Like 1

New Update:

2. Volume (PS4) - 100% :platinum:

3. Chambara (PS4) - 100%

8. Tony Hawk pro skater hd (PS3) - 3% => 16%

9. White tail challenge (PS3) - 35% => 67%

Tony Hawk is still pretty fun even if it is slow going right now. Whitetail challenge is actually pretty garbage. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShadowStar83x said:

Going to add some more games? You can!

I will do.  Will see how much progress I make this week in Fallout 4 and check my backlog to see which additional games I might add.  This months PS+ Until Dawn will probably be one of them that I'll put on the list.