Summer 2017 Backlog Challenge

4 hours ago, ShadowStar83x said:

Despite my lack of attention lately and considering stepping down, I will be doing the challenge this fall, but signups won't be until August and the summer one is only about three weeks old, so focus on that! xD 

Do you anticipate having the same criteria concerning which games are eligible?

11 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Platinums:

• Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories (6%)
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (1%)
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD (4%)
  • Dragon Fantasy Book of Ice (26%)
  • Dark Cloud (42%)
  • The Deadly Tower of Monsters (:platinum:)
  • Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (45%)\
  • Life is Strange (18% -> 36%)

100%:

• The Unfinished Swan (0%) (Not touching ever again)
  • Gone Home: Console Edition (100%)
  • A Boy and His Blob (14%)
  • ABZU (100%)
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2 (52%)

Honestly thought I would have spend yesterday getting through the games, but I was wrong. Luckily, Maplestory is now having game crash issues(the game constantly crashes when I try to enter it) so I will probably get the chance to get some work done. :P

I did finish Episode 2 of Life is Strange and things are getting freaky. I thought it'd be easy to get through it, but boy was I wrong! No spoilers but there was one part I had to guess everything correctly and I had to keep spamming the rewind function a lot. ?

Progress Update: Week 3

1. Fallout 4 (0%)
  2. inFAMOUS Second Sun (0% => 14%)
  3. Far Cry Primal (100%) :platinum:
  4. Wolfenstein Old Blood (91% => 100%) :platinum:
  5. Titanfall 2 (0%)

Took a few days off gaming to enjoy the lovely weather we've been having this week here in the UK.  Finished off Wolfenstein: Old Blood, and started inFAMOUS Second Son.  Enjoying inFAMOUS so far.  Don't think it will take me too long to plat, seems straight forward enough.

2 down, 3 to go. ?

1.  Knack (25% -> 32%)

2.  Lego Batman 3 (0% -> 14%)

3. Tearaway unfolded (1%)

4.  Metal gear solid 5: The phantom pain (0%)

5.  Alienation (4%)

I Decided to take break from Knack and start playing Lego Batman. I have played almost all levels on story mode and it has been fun to play. After those few levels i can go to free play to collect every remaining minikit and character. 

• inFAMOUS: First Light 0% - 45%
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War 19% - 100%
  • Xeodrifter 4% - 23%
  • Ether One 3%
  • Grand Theft Auto III 3%
  • Tales From The Boderlands 0% - 100%
  • Oxenfree 0%
  • Broken Age 0%
  • FEZ 23% - 100%
  • Batman: Arkham VR 14%
  • Everybody's Gone to the Rapture 0% - 100%
  • The Order: 1886 8% - 100%
  • The Unfinished Swan 0% - 100%
  • SOMA 5%
  • Psychonauts 1%

Really hoping I can make a big dent before Final Fantasy XII comes out because otherwise I might not finish this thing.  

Platinums:

• Dark Cloud (42% -> 48%)
  • Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (45%)\
  • Life is Strange (36% -> 55%)

100%:

• ABZU (100%)

So I pushed through two more story trophies in Dark Cloud and did Episode 3 in Life is Strange. I am probably going to treat LiS the same way I treated Tales from the Borderlands; by playing an episode each day until the end. So I'll get the platinum by the 24th. After that, finishing up Dark Cloud and Dragon Fantasy Book of Ice as well as collecting chests in A Boy And His Blob.

EDIT: NVM, I am going to get that plat for Life is Strange TONIGHT even if I have to stay up all night. :P

• Like 1

PS4

- Abzu (0%)

- Bloodborne (18% => 21%)

- Destroy All Humans! (0% => 5%)

- Grand Theft Auto III (0%)

- Grow Home (0%)

- LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 (0%)

- LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 (0%)

- LEGO Marvel's Avengers (69% => 100% :platinum:)

- Psychonauts (0%)

- Unmechanical: Extended (0%)

- Valiant Hearts: The Great War (0%)

PS3

- Alice: Madness Returns (0%)

- Lollipop Chainsaw (0%)

- Ratchet & Clank (0% => 2%)

- Tomb Raider: Underworld (23%)

6 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Platinums:

• Dark Cloud (48%)
  • Adventure Time: Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (45%)
  • Life is Strange (55% -> 100% :platinum:)

100%:

• ABZU (100%)

Finally finally finally got Life is Strange off of my roster. The messed-up sh(bleep) I had to watch was horrifying. I think more parents of teens should play through this game to see about the horrible f'k'd up stuff that teens can run into. (And I mistook Blackwell as a college, my bad.) Near the end I was sure the game was on an acid trip but it was something far worse. The final fate was something I knew I had to do but I felt bad for the ending. :(

And yes, I saw the Square-Enix E3 tableau. I know there is a prequel coming out where you control Chloe and hang with Rachel Amber. And I will probably plat that too if I get the money. :spank:

Anyways, I can now focus on my next platinum, Dark Cloud. I am already halfway through the game and now that I used the Broken Dagger glitch to get ultimate weaponry from everyone so far, this game is going to be broken so hard. (I did die to the third boss, though. Second toughest boss in the game next to the final boss.)

Edited by MidnightCJ

Progress Update: 11 (Day 23)

1. Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter 100%
  2. Skylanders: Superchargers 100%
  3. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood 64% => 66%
  4. Saints Row: The Third 0%
  5. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood 0%
  6. Dishonored 0%
  7. Bioshock 0%
  8. Murdered: Soul Suspect 0%
  9. The Order: 1886 0% => 100%
  10. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture 0% => 76%
  11. Telltale's The Walking Dead: A New Frontier 0%
  12. Planet 51: The Game 11%
  13. South Park: Stick of Truth 0%
  14. Telltale's Batman 100%
  15. Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (vita) 13%

Played assassins creed brotherhood some more up to a point that has put me off playing the game for a while (long story), so I moved on to the order and completed that. I also made some progress to Everybody's Gone to the Rapture following a video guide however the guide I used lied in saying it was a 100% walkthrough. Evidently not.

I go away on holiday tomorrow for a week, during which i'm taking my vita so am looking to complete lego star wars and also hopefully get the plat for two non challenge games, being doctor who and the eternity clock and tearaway.

When I return I will be playing the crash bandicoot remaster and possibly some more ghost recon wildlands with a friend so it might be a while before any progress happens. Having said that I feel ive made a pretty decent start to this challenge so far having completed 4 out of my 15 games, and having 2 very close to completion. The only worry I have currently is the fact that Ive still got dishonored and bioshock left untouched. with them being my longest plats on the list.

On Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 4:02 PM, alte_muehle91 said:

This seems like a fun event. I'd still like to participate, if that's alright.

PSVita

• Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (0/55 l 0% >> 5/55 l 7%)
  • Root Letter (27/27 l 100%)

PS3

• Ar tonelico Qoga Knell of Ar Ciel (0/59 l 0%)

PS4

• Atelier Sophie - Alchemist of the Mysterious Book (0/45 l 0%)
  • Gravity Rush Remastered (2/64 l 1%)
  • Tales of Berseria (8/51 l 12%)
  • Valkyria Chronicles (0/21 l 0%)

Total: 32/262 trophies earned l 70 days to go

I played Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters a little. I'll try to wrap up as many misc. trophies as I can in my first run.

Edited by alte_muehle91

Good afternoon/evening/morning, everyone. I am truly disappointed to say that due to unforeseen circumstances that have me staying in my local hospital for the next few weeks, I'll be withdrawing from this little contest/challenge of ours. I wish the rest of you well in this beautiful summer day, may your challenges be overcome with spectacular acclaim, and I'll talk to you some other time. :) 

God bless,

Nick, aka The1WithoutFear

• Like 1

Cyberdimension Neptunia (KR): 90% => 98%

Done with this one until my plat spam at the end of the month, with just one character that needs to be leveled up by a level for their last skill, so with that, I have started on...

Nier: Automata: 0% => 7%

I'll admit that I'm playing on Easy, but I'm having fun with this so far. Let's see if I can get it done in time for my plat spam. I haven't gotten very far yet, but with the trophy shop being a thing, I just have to do the main story for the plat. :P

Edited by Wdog-999
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wdog-999 said:

Cyberdimension Neptunia (KR): 90% => 98%

Done with this one until my plat spam at the end of the month, with just one character that needs to be leveled up by a level for their last skill, so with that, I have started on...

Nier: Automata: 0% => 7%

I'll admit that I'm playing on Easy, but I'm having fun with this so far. Let's see if I can get it done in time for my plat spam. I haven't gotten very far yet, but with the trophy shop being a thing, I just have to do the main story for the plat. :P

Nice one, keep the Nier updates coming, I enjoyed the first 4hrs a lot and really need to get back to it ?

Busy working on Dark Cloud, plan on spending all night getting through the next story part and getting both fishing trophies. ;)

8 hours ago, The1WithoutFear said:

Good afternoon/evening/morning, everyone. I am truly disappointed to say that due to unforeseen circumstances that have me staying in my local hospital for the next few weeks, I'll be withdrawing from this little contest/challenge of ours. I wish the rest of you well in this beautiful summer day, may your challenges be overcome with spectacular acclaim, and I'll talk to you some other time. :) 

God bless,

Nick, aka The1WithoutFear

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon!

On 6/23/2017 at 3:31 AM, MidnightCJ said:

Platinums:

• Dark Cloud (48% => 69%)
  • Life is Strange (:platinum:)

100%:

• ABZU (100%)

Got to Moon Sea in Dark Cloud so I'm almost near the end of the game. Just two more dungeons to clear the game! I managed to get both of the fishing trophies and got lucky in getting enough Level Up Powders to level up Ruby's ultimate weapon ten times to get Weapon Collector. The only miscellaneous trophy left is to max out my money, which is going to take a lot of luck and glowing circles. ^_^

Now that I've sworn off of Mapleslavery I can devote more time to the other games. Sadly, only one is Vita so I can't play two games at once but I do intend to get crackin' on the Kingdom Hearts game come July.

39 minutes ago, Andrea said:

Can you please stop calling it Mapleslavery? It's not cute. Might as well call it MapleHolocaust while you're at it.

@MidnightCJ I don't know what's this refers to, and can't be bothered to read back to find out but can you refresh us all in the thread. I am not sure whose side I wish to fall on but I do enjoy the way you seem to irritate @Andrea. ?

6 hours ago, Andrea said:

Can you please stop calling it Mapleslavery? It's not cute. Might as well call it MapleHolocaust while you're at it.

Okay, I'm sorry. It's just that that MMO, Maplestory, was taking over my life and I was enslaved to it. But not anymore, I am now dedicated to my platinum trophies. :(

5 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

@MidnightCJ I don't know what's this refers to, and can't be bothered to read back to find out but can you refresh us all in the thread. I am not sure whose side I wish to fall on but I do enjoy the way you seem to irritate @Andrea. 1f61c.png

I never intentionally intend to hurt or harass anyone, I just didn't realize that what I was saying was offensive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Okay, I'm sorry. It's just that that MMO, Maplestory, was taking over my life and I was enslaved to it. But not anymore, I am now dedicated to my platinum trophies. :(

I never intentionally intend to hurt or harass anyone, I just didn't realize that what I was saying was offensive.

I wouldn't feel too bad about it...it's clear you didn't mean to offend. You never know what will trigger people. Maybe whoever complained has a valid reason maybe not. Let's just get back to the games.

Speaking of which

I will hopefully finish steins gate tonight. I think I will be switching both volume and Lara Croft go to vita instead of ps4...it's sort of out of commission. Same games share a trophy list just different system.

• Like 1

Thank you. BTB...

Platinums:

• Dark Cloud (69% => 100% :platinum:)

100%:

• ABZU (100%)

I finally buckled down and cleared up the remainder of the game. I was very lucky to get Tycoon because it's very random - you have to use the glowing circles and hope they increase your funds, which doubles your cash on hand. Oswald flew over the last one. :D

Then it was on to fight the final boss. While I did burn almost all of my Stand-In Powders, I didn't die in the first phase like last time. Funny fact: The Dran's Feather I was using to sprint around and avoid danger vanished JUST as I got hit with a fatal blow and I landed the final blow and the game decided I had won! xD Well, that's great.

Anyways, with Dark Cloud deleted off of my hard drive, that's another of the list down and out. Now I need to psyche myself up for Adventure Time and Dragon Fantasy and get those out of the way before July, when I'll be busy on my remaining games, all Kingdom Hearts titles. (Oh yeah, I have to deal with The Boy and His Blob too.)

Edited by MidnightCJ

40 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

Thank you. BTB...

Platinums:

• Dark Cloud (69% => 100% :platinum:)

100%:

• ABZU (100%)

I finally buckled down and cleared up the remainder of the game. I was very lucky to get Tycoon because it's very random - you have to use the glowing circles and hope they increase your funds, which doubles your cash on hand. Oswald flew over the last one. :D

Then it was on to fight the final boss. While I did burn almost all of my Stand-In Powders, I didn't die in the first phase like last time. Funny fact: The Dran's Feather I was using to sprint around and avoid danger vanished JUST as I got hit with a fatal blow and I landed the final blow and the game decided I had won! xD Well, that's great.

Anyways, with Dark Cloud deleted off of my hard drive, that's another of the list down and out. Now I need to psyche myself up for Adventure Time and Dragon Fantasy and get those out of the way before July, when I'll be busy on my remaining games, all Kingdom Hearts titles. (Oh yeah, I have to deal with The Boy and His Blob too.)

I'm surprised you've been unlocking your platinum's now and not waiting until the first day of your plat race.  You could have popped two or three on that first day for some easy points...oh well...

Just now, Mesopithecus said:

I'm surprised you've been unlocking your platinum's now and not waiting until the first day of your plat race.  You could have popped two or three on that first day for some easy points...oh well...

The plat race is a special case - the score of each platinum is based on its rarity and the more common a platinum is site-wise, the less it's worth. The games I got the plats for aren't really that valuable. And I want to focus on my double-point games when the race starts so I want to get the more common games out of the way. ;)

2 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

The plat race is a special case - the score of each platinum is based on its rarity and the more common a platinum is site-wise, the less it's worth. The games I got the plats for aren't really that valuable. And I want to focus on my double-point games when the race starts so I want to get the more common games out of the way. ;)

Fair enough.  Points are still points though.  Good luck in your double-point games and the race overall, you're going up against some tough opponents.