Game thoughts, quality and difficulty?

So, as the game is on PS+ now but only few have played it... How is this game?

The low trophy percentages even for just completing the game tell me that it's either very bad, or very hard, or the less than 150 people who bought it did only try it out before adding it to their backlog.

I know nothing about this game except for what I've seen in the PSN trailer. Seems like fun while it lasts.

• Like 1

I tried it out for 30 minutes last night. I personally found it challenging, but I'm not at all the best gamer out there or anything.

The thing that frustrates me the most is that when you die you have to start back at the beginning from scratch, How on earth am I supposed to play through the whole story if I die each time after Level 5 because your own lasers THAT YOU HAVE TO SHOOT TO PROGRESS have bounced off of the walls and killed you, or you lose 1 life after 1 hit? And to play through the story 4 or 5 times for 100%??? Jesus take the wheel.

But I guess that's just me being frustrated because a seemingly simple game is challenging me :P 

Edited by ahoyimzoe
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

It's hardish but far from impossible compared to other similar games.  What is annoying is the differences between the PS4 and vita versions.  PS4 has an extra zone, a few extra enemies, and most importantly four different power up pick-ups which make the game 1000% easier.  I got the 100% on PS4 in less then 24 hours but still haven't beaten the boss once on vita -.-.  Funny thing is I didn't even realize that there were 2 stackable trophy lists since the vita version is listed as Vita/PS4 (mistakenly due to PSN) until I booted it up on PS4.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2017 at 11:13 PM, GamingToups said:

It's hardish but far from impossible compared to other similar games.  What is annoying is the differences between the PS4 and vita versions.  PS4 has an extra zone, a few extra enemies, and most importantly four different power up pick-ups which make the game 1000% easier.  I got the 100% on PS4 in less then 24 hours but still haven't beaten the boss once on vita -.-.  Funny thing is I didn't even realize that there were 2 stackable trophy lists since the vita version is listed as Vita/PS4 (mistakenly due to PSN) until I booted it up on PS4.

Power-ups, really? I got 100% on the VITA and it was very doable, however it wasn't super easy. I had most trouble finishing the game with the first character (hearts really doesnt matter as long as you survive the first 7-8 stages without getting hit, so every char hast 5 or 6 hearts when entering the dance floor sections).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2017 at 11:44 AM, dwproject said:

Power-ups, really? I got 100% on the VITA and it was very doable, however it wasn't super easy. I had most trouble finishing the game with the first character (hearts really doesnt matter as long as you survive the first 7-8 stages without getting hit, so every char hast 5 or 6 hearts when entering the dance floor sections).

Yeah on PS4 there are 4 power-ups that drop like hearts (you can only hold one of each).  A time slow down whenever you aim (mostly useless), a laser that you can fire as much as you'd like during a time limit and then once the timer ends all the shots disappear (they can still bounce back and hit you while the timer is going), a sword that replaces your shots for a bit and can be swung around in a circle around your character (OP as hell against the final boss), and I honestly don't remember the fourth power-up lol.  It's mostly the sword that makes the PS4 version so easy (though the extra areas and baddies do make it a bit harder).  I did end up with a double 100%, I recommend you do the same if you have a PS4.  Fun little game, do wish there was more to it though.