What class are you going to do Stormblood?

Are you going to stick with your main?  Are going to switch to a different class?  Are you going to switch to one of the two new classes?

I'm still on the fence.  I've been a NIN since 3.1 and would like a change, but I know that class and I want to barf on things with my frog and I want to see what that triple cast jutsu was.

Also thinking about SCH.  Healers will be in demand.  And there's that new skill that turns Eos into a pocket Mercy.  Also you're basically Futaba.

And I want to try out RDM because I like fencing and looks so cool and elegant.  But I to level it before new stuff.  Seriously if I didn't have to level it, it would be an instant switch.  Having flashbacks to where I did that with MCH in HW.

I main a lalafell monk and going to keep it as my main class. Red mage would fit my alt character (my main specializes in physical melee only + crafting + gathering) and might try samurai on my main. It depends on the requirements for the new classes. Heavensward made everything into such a horrible grind I haven't played much in the past year or so and haven't even finished all the main story quests.
I hate the very limited inventory/armory space when you have several classes. Whenever I logged in to do something it was like "you can't x because your inventory is full". ?

Planning to buy the Stormblood expansion soon anyway and see if it can get me back into the game.

I'll continue playing as MNK until around level 65 before I decided to switch over to Samurai. As for RDM, I'll probably start it out just to get the feel of some of the rotations. If I'm being honest, I'll probably going to use that jump potions on one of my classes that's close to level 60. But that's just me. 

Also main a lalafell monk and will do 4.0 story as that job. After that I will try out Red Mage first I think, then Samurai. Eventually I will level Black Mage and White Mage to 70 as well and see if I want to change main job after that.

I'm most likely sticking with Dragoon and Summoner (SUMMON FUCKING BAHAMUT? HELL YA I'M THERE). I might swap Dark Knight for Samurai.

11 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I main a lalafell monk and going to keep it as my main class. Red mage would fit my alt character (my main specializes in physical melee only + crafting + gathering) and might try samurai on my main. It depends on the requirements for the new classes. Heavensward made everything into such a horrible grind I haven't played much in the past year or so and haven't even finished all the main story quests.
I hate the very limited inventory/armory space when you have several classes. Whenever I logged in to do something it was like "you can't x because your inventory is full". 1f611.png

Planning to buy the Stormblood expansion soon anyway and see if it can get me back into the game.

Good news for you, they're increasing the inventory space.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DEMON said:

I'm most likely sticking with Dragoon and Summoner (SUMMON FUCKING BAHAMUT? HELL YA I'M THERE). I might swap Dark Knight for Samurai.

Good news for you, they're increasing the inventory space.

Smn is beast!! Woot! :highfive:

Doing same! (mainly because I have to..) 

Edited by Dav9834

Probably going to keep Black Mage as my true main, have Samurai as a melee DPS main, and keep my main tank as Dark Knight and main healer as White Mage. I know one thing though, if Stormblood's equivalent of Heavensward's Anima weapon is just as big of a grind, only Black Mage will be getting it.

4 hours ago, Lady Blanc said:

Probably going to keep Black Mage as my true main, have Samurai as a melee DPS main, and keep my main tank as Dark Knight and main healer as White Mage. I know one thing though, if Stormblood's equivalent of Heavensward's Anima weapon is just as big of a grind, only Black Mage will be getting it.

Yea, I only got the NIN anima myself.  Hopefully Eureka will be fun and not full of FATEs.

16 hours ago, Yadilie said:

Staying WHM for now just to get the MSQ done but most likely dumping it for NIN after all the dungeon queues as done. Unless YoshiP pulls something out of ass for WHMs.

What about simply removing cleric stance and allowing whm to dmg purely as MND spec...

21 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

What about simply removing cleric stance and allowing whm to dmg purely as MND spec...

What? That's what they did. All Healer damage spells now have MND stat attached to it. But that is something that annoys me. I'm a healer. I don't want to spend all my time DPSing. That's NOT what a WHM is there for. They want to make WHMs a 'pure healer' but that meta does NOT work with people in 14. People will yell and scream at WHMs to spend 90% of their time spamming 1 button in these dungeons because they want to get done 2 minutes faster. If I want to spend most of my time DPSing then I'll go play my NIN.

There's just so much wrong with WHM and the attitude that YoshiP and his team has taken with it. They've gutted our kit and taken things that made WHM a WHM and given it to other people and even greatly nerfed some of the skills. They're giving WHMs a class mechanic that does nothing for them in the long run. WHM for years now has had the issue of not bringing anything substantial to the 8 and 24 man raids. Once people start getting even a little bit of gear then a WHM is no longer desirable especially once they buffed the living fuck out of ASTs. Now with the addition of a 20% Crit buff for SCHs this is going to hold true even more now. 

Lilies only affect the CD of a few oGCD spells. Most of these spells are ones you save for certain parts of the fight to make sure they're up. So having the CD kick off a maximum of 12 seconds on the highest CD (and that's if you get 3 lilies) is honestly shit. Confessions are even worse. They're supposed to be an 'AoE' heal that triggers when people in range have Confessions on them. I went through DS this morning and used Cure and Cure 2 probably a total of 25 times and I only used it so much because of how many times the Alliance just failed at Queen. Most of those Cures were on the tank and maybe here and there for the DDs who got hammered. It's not reliable. At all. Especially if you use the heal to heal the tank and blow Confessions on full HP DDs. People will not want WHMs if they have to sit there and waste mana to put stacks on themselves and other people instead of DPSing.

Are WHMs dead? No. WHMs will still be the overall best healers if you just want someone who can heal the shit out of people and do some okay DPS. But are they super desireable? No. How can they be with two other healer classes who can boost the overall damage of the whole party by massive amounts. 20% crit + Enhanced Balance on your best DD in the party? Like holy shit, lol. YoshiP has been saying 'Trust me' for far too long with WHMs and it's showing that the WHM community should not trust him. At all. While people are saying that the build for press release they showed was old and that things would change fail to realize that the Lily/Confession Mechanic is there to stay and no other mechanic is going to come in and save the day. Only potencies and proc %s will change. That's WHMs until probably 4.2.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/27/2017 at 0:47 AM, Vermachtnis said:

Are you going to stick with your main?  Are going to switch to a different class?  Are you going to switch to one of the two new classes?

I will probably have my platinum earner(my Mi'qote) try out the Samurai class. I would like to try Red Mage as well but will probably make a spellcaster character for that. ^_^

On 19/07/2017 at 4:18 AM, MidnightCJ said:

I will probably have my platinum earner(my Mi'qote) try out the Samurai class. I would like to try Red Mage as well but will probably make a spellcaster character for that. ^_^

You can have a single character use all classes, since the stats for all classes are separate, you won't need a character specifically for the melee classes and one for magic. I mean my only character has every class, and the HP varies wildly due to the Vitality stat changing for each class, for example, my level 66 Black Mage has just over 22,000 HP, yet my Dark Knight has almost 40,000 HP and is level 68.

7 hours ago, Lady Blanc said:

You can have a single character use all classes, since the stats for all classes are separate, you won't need a character specifically for the melee classes and one for magic. I mean my only character has every class, and the HP varies wildly due to the Vitality stat changing for each class, for example, my level 66 Black Mage has just over 22,000 HP, yet my Dark Knight has almost 40,000 HP and is level 68.

Understood. I created a new character(a female Hyur, may change her to Lalafell) and wanted to focus on all Disciples of Magic but I did give her the Disciples of War from Limsa and Gridania and she is doing fine. :)

Completed SB with the new class RDM, but got tired it, haha. Went back to leveling PLD, and MNK. Think I probably main PLD tank, and switch it around with DRK to feel less the same thing everyday. Really wished they would had implemented a 4th type of tank but meh. SB doesnt feel as complete as HW in quality. Guess just got to wait 2 yrs now for 3rd xpac, and god hope its got a new tank class.

On 7/29/2017 at 4:28 PM, Lucky said:

Completed SB as a WHM on one of my characters,

Kind of want to finish SB as a monk on the other since I went through the effort of getting the last anima weapon, but the class is now kind of meh. 

Still fun to play. Just weaker is all....I choose whats more fun to play than what is more OP, since those are dime a dozen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2017 at 1:38 PM, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Completed SB with the new class RDM, but got tired it, haha. Went back to leveling PLD, and MNK. Think I probably main PLD tank, and switch it around with DRK to feel less the same thing everyday. Really wished they would had implemented a 4th type of tank but meh. SB doesnt feel as complete as HW in quality. Guess just got to wait 2 yrs now for 3rd xpac, and god hope its got a new tank class.

Still fun to play. Just weaker is all....I choose whats more fun to play than what is more OP, since those are dime a dozen.

I don't care that it's weak- even if it is. Just all the new skills are meh.