Suggestion - White List for Trophies / Games?

White Listing...  

548 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a white list for games like the ones described in the OP?

• To White List...
    • NOT to White List...
    • Undecided/Divided Opinion...
    • Couldn't Care Less...

Just now, grimydawg said:

@ars As I've said before, I'd rather deal with the fools who say their dog played on another PS3.

Hear you :) We're just begging for Sly's attention at this stage and you have the heavenly phone line!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ars said:

Hear you on that point :) Though I don't see what you suggest feasible. Like I suggested before you simply "can't" track ten thousand pieces of software, and every update they ever had, to establish any sensible time scales to pop any specific trophy. Not with the handful of people working on the site. Especially when the patches before haven't been tracked.

Basically the idea here is to not punish people who did not hack. So having the games highlighted, going on a trophy-by-trophy basis... As Grim has said before and I'm sure even @MMDE would agree, PSNP doesn't need something like BLOPS2 specifically to flag a hacker. The people who do that do it multiple times, just as Darkb1ke did. So I think all the finesse gains nothing, just make things more difficult to code and test, and less likely to implement.

The main cause I've had here is to prevent flag griefing people who did not hack. So games where proving this is impossible should be whitelisted. That'll make "us" shut up, when there is an even treatment across the board. MMDE and the ilk wouldn't shut up until the whitelisted games stop counting on the leaderboards, so make it so on these games. That'll be agreeable to everyone? If it's "flaggable" but mod menu griefing is possible, whitelist, make it disappear from PSNP public, move on.

I'm against isolating any specific PNG images because PSNP tracks a few million of them and putting any special glitter on any single database entry just because is, well, stupid :)

Hmmm, I'm pretty f**ked up right now (like why am I replying to this? level) but I don't understand what you mean...if we just whitelist all, example, big leagues cases we will flag a bunch of legit cases too, the ones this thread was created for, so cutoff date is kind of relevant to me...not whitelisting leads to the current situation which is equally silly imo...as far as coding, I have no idea and 0 feedback has been given...I thought having inflated cutoffs, by a few days/weeks, would allow the last questionable cases, the ones closest to the cutoffs, to be either ignored as being possibly legit or flagged and determine if they should be lifted or not based on their disputes...i.e. hacker excuse = whitelisted...cousin's girlfriend's dog's nephew = fail, flag stays...sorry, the rest is confusing...perhaps I'll understand when I wake up sober...or maybe your suggesting another system for whitelisting and I just don't get it right now?...

Edit: does the last paragraph refer to having them labelled as whitelisted on people's list?...if so, this idea was to balance the thoughts of having a similar consequence to "hidden" trophies, allow legit times to be displayed, and increase awareness towards this situation, while still allowing other trophies outside of the criteria for whitelisting to be flagged if implausible...unfortunately, I don't have a better suggestion to balance all of these things...open to ideas...the goal is to try to help legit gamers here by giving them benefit of the doubt while also removing implausible time stamps from the leaderboards and discouraging people from flat out hacking these trophies...apologies if I've missed the point...yet again...

Edited by xL1ghT_By_D3s1gNx

No I'm not suggesting yet another system, there's only the one you are suggesting and you've poured your heart into it so that's what we're rolling with :P Yeah you get a cutoff date, that's pretty imperative. Then you just add the game to a whitelist database, and if that's what it takes to make the opponents shut up start your leaderboard editing scripts yada yada. Frankly I don't care about any of it beyond the whitelist. People who deliberately keep popping trophies get flagged on another game and for the rest it's just one or two trophies, it's so marginal no one should care.

I don't understand why any awareness should be raised on the matter. How many times have people spammed ZOMG DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT on PSNP? About a bazillion times? Did it help? So there. People who study their trophies will eventually learn about mod menus, and people who do not will only learn about the flag they just got slapped with. All of this "awareness" talk is useless when the site purposely tracks accounts the majority of whose owners don't even have a clue what PSNP is. In addition I am not prepared to tell anyone (and don't want to keep getting told) that I essentially shouldn't play a game I bought with my own money. That's just silly.

For that reason alone whitelists do not really encourage hackers, they just prevent punishing people for playing games they own. I've been a member of this site for years and I know a couple games are whitelisted because hey, I happen to own them and I know they autopop. I have no idea which all games are whitelisted. I think that applies to the majority of the people. But if you start adding rainbow colors on people's trophy sets they'll for sure start knowing. Is it gonna help them? Well no it isn't, because the trophies are already there. There are no retroactive fixes, but you can of course nag the victims of this with massive amounts of hindsight until infinity. If you just whitelist stuff and move along without further ado, no one's gonna remember about it next week. In social media, our attention span is seriously no longer than a goldfish. Compare that to current situation where you flag a guy as a hacker who didn't hack, he's gonna remember that and the site that did it to him for life.

I'm just asking you to take into account, we're basically requesting a favor from Sly for a good cause. But when you keep adding things on top, more and more workload means it's gonna be less and less likely to happen. Consider the main request here: "whitelist a bunch of games!" All right, that's a piece of cake if no one gets a hissy fit about it. "Ok ok, whitelist a bunch of games AND program a module that autoflags them!" Oh snap. "Ok ok, whitelist a bunch of games AND program a module that autoflags them AND program automation to censor the leaderboards AND put rainbow colors on people's trophy sets!"

See where I'm getting at?

Just saying the focal point here is "whitelist a bunch of games", reason for which is "reality just borked your flagging mechanism". The majority of people support this. Now you can ask the opponents what is the one single thing that'd make them support the suggestion. Guessing their main request would be "well the game shouldn't be on the leaderboards then if it has a flaggable trophy". I disagree with that, it seems legit enough to at least count for your totals. But what do I care. If that makes them shut up then so be it. So basically you got these two single things which would pretty much be supported across the board. That's a suggestion that is not a massive workload, doesn't make any drastic changes on the site and would, IMO, be possible to actually happen. But it's all you with the suggestion and I'm not going to tell you how to do it, you decide. Just I feel the more complex you make it the less likely it'll happen :) 

I have read a few comments about people saying how you cannot be able to tell if someone hacked or got their friend to hack their trophies and I haven't read all the way though to see if someone has brought this up and I apologise if someone has mentioned but what if every profile can get like a 3 strike policy with whitelisting, as in you get 3 games with trophies white listed and then your account gets a closer look at due to how rare it can be to get trophies hacked. As it has been mention, the amount of legitimate players outweighs the hackers so each profile gets 3 games whitelisted and then after that any other games that get flagged have to go to disputes as it highly unlikely to get so many trophies hacked. I also believe that if someone gets more than 5-6 trophies whitelisted in any game they should have to also some what prove that it was a mistake. Sorry if this doesn't fully make sense, I was just typing what was on the top of my head.

8 minutes ago, xABathingApe said:

you get 3 games with trophies white listed and then your account gets a closer look at due to how rare it can be to get trophies hacked.

Your account can get a closer look anytime by whoever wants to take a closer look, there are no restrictions on it unless you pull out from PSNP or make your PSN list private.

I own thousands of games including all (or all but one, too lazy to check) listed here. Doesn't make sense to limit the amount of whitelisted titles to three or any other number on any account, because there are more than three even without the titles we speak about on this thread, plus the number at any given time in the future is unknown.

As I just said once again in my previous post, I should be able to play the games I bought with my own money without some random site and it's users on the internet telling me not to play them, or trying to punish me if I play them anyway. Imposing some sort of a ruleset on what completely unknown people should or should not play, while they've possibly never even visited PSNP, I just don't understand what could possibly justify such a scheme.

I don't even understand why games like GTAV or RDR are even being mentioned for being flagged/white listed/removed or whatever for lobbies popping trophies early for people either unknowingly or knowingly. Everyone knows those certain trophies can happen and if you see the rest of the persons list of games you should just drop it and leave it alone. They should definitely count towards the persons stats if it was only those certain trophies in the game that are popped early and I'm going to call out guilty before innocent moderator @MMDE for my reasoning. If you were to look at @MMDE trophies on 2 games being Demon Souls(JP) and Borderlands you will see that he obviously didn't earn the trophies legit. On Borderlands he earned the level 50 and lvl 61 trophies 13 seconds apart which isn't possible. Maybe he glitched the system or maybe he hacked a save who knows. If he did glitch it, what's the difference for a mod in GTA5 to glitch the lobby to give you massive xp to get you the lvl trophy? In regards to Demon Souls he got the plat in 5 hours which is beyond not legit and looking at his trophies you can tell someone handed him the weapons to pop trophies earlier than he should or he hacked the save. Again who knows. What is the difference going into a game and accidentally joining a lobby and someone giving you a an xp trophy or so much money trophy and getting flagged for it but having a friend hand you every little thing in a game like Demon Souls so you pop the plat extremely fast and it being ok? Both are giving you something you didn't earn in the game and in regards to joining lobbies at least those people accidentally got it unlike what I just mentioned of purposefully not earning it legit. There is absolutely no difference and really could argue with a game like Demon Souls it's the same as using someones save file to pop trophies cause that's what you're basically doing. @MMDE I'm not calling you a cheater nor do I believe what I just mentioned is cheating. I'm just pointing out the beyond idiotic hypocrisy of this site/moderators. Those games should count period especially if the rest of the game/list look legit enough. Stuff that should be flagged are games where people are obviously earning story trophies out of order and garbage like that where they obviously just using save files.

MMDE I know your views on it are trying to help the people flagged so I'm not calling you out cause I think you're unfair with it just using you as an example is all.

Edited by HailHale81

24 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

I don't even understand why games like GTAV or RDR are even being mentioned for being flagged/white listed/removed or whatever for lobbies popping trophies early for people either unknowingly or knowingly. Everyone knows those certain trophies can happen and if you see the rest of the persons list of games you should just drop it and leave it alone. They should definitely count towards the persons stats if it was only those certain trophies in the game that are popped early and I'm going to call out guilty before innocent moderator @MMDE for my reasoning. If you were to look at @MMDE trophies on 2 games being Demon Souls(JP) and Borderlands you will see that he obviously didn't earn the trophies legit. On Borderlands he earned the level 50 and lvl 61 trophies 13 seconds apart which isn't possible. Maybe he glitched the system or maybe he hacked a save who knows. If he did glitch it, what's the difference for a mod in GTA5 to glitch the lobby to give you massive xp to get you the lvl trophy? In regards to Demon Souls he got the plat in 5 hours which is beyond not legit and looking at his trophies you can tell someone handed him the weapons to pop trophies earlier than he should or he hacked the save. Again who knows. What is the difference going into a game and accidentally joining a lobby and someone giving you a an xp trophy or so much money trophy and getting flagged for it but having a friend hand you every little thing in a game like Demon Souls so you pop the plat extremely fast and it being ok? Both are giving you something you didn't earn in the game and in regards to joining lobbies at least those people accidentally got it unlike what I just mentioned of purposefully not earning it legit. There is absolutely no difference and really could argue with a game like Demon Souls it's the same as using someones save file to pop trophies cause that's what you're basically doing. @MMDE I'm not calling you a cheater nor do I believe what I just mentioned is cheating. I'm just pointing out the beyond idiotic hypocrisy of this site/moderators. Those games should count period especially if the rest of the game/list look legit enough. Stuff that should be flagged are games where people are obviously earning story trophies out of order and garbage like that where they obviously just using save files.

My Demon's Souls times are laughably bad IMO. These days I could have done it in around 2-3 hours... I've co-op tons of people on this site, done low level runs, written several guides for it etc. :| Not sure why people even bring these up. I messed up big time, even on my JP run, and it was all done rather relaxed and slow. Was even invaded a couple of times. Do see how I didn't even get the plat when I got the good ending. :( That was a massive screw up on my part, didn't have enough int or faith or some shit, before I killed the last boss in NG, you can't level up anymore then. :( I think the person I did this version with might be the guy who is at #2 on the JP version. I at least know that time is legit, because I gave him all the items and equipment and souls etc to level. And the plat is doable in 1 hour and 20 minutes, so please talk about stuff you actually know anything about.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/demon-s-souls/143019-basic-guide-demons-souls.html

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/demon-s-souls/194358-demons-souls-platinum-made-easy-fast.html (never did finish this, and if I had written it today, I would have changed some stuff)

Borderlands allows you to play local on a second account, so you earn trophies on the second local account. You can set it up so you can earn a lot of exp on the second account local account, back that save up, and then afterwards you can gain a lot of exp while playing on that second local account with your main as co-op. Then you can transfer the second local account save again. Repeat! :P I don't think anyone is actually getting flagged for Borderlands due to the second local account thingie, just so hard to know exactly what doesn't work with it and then find someone who actually match that pattern.

This is nothing like people getting trophies they never earned legitimately and sync them. They weren't earned legitimately, so why should they even count?

Edited by MMDE

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Borderlands allows you to play local on a second account, so you earn trophies on the second local account. You can set it up so you can earn a lot of exp on the second account local account, back that save up, and then afterwards you can gain a lot of exp while playing on that second local account with your main as co-op. Then you can transfer the second local account save again. Repeat! :P I don't think anyone is actually getting flagged for Borderlands due to the second local account thingie, just so hard to know exactly what doesn't work with it and then find someone who actually match that pattern.

You're basically admitting to what you flag people for in regards to using their own save files to pop trophies early or earn xp so thanks for proving the hypocrisy of what I mention. Sarcasm aside with Demon Souls maybe you're the best and could of earned the plat in 2 hours but your trophies show that weapons were given to you.

Again I don't care and I'm not saying either is cheating in my eyes but yes it's basically the same thing of what I mentioned.

Like I said as well I know your views were to help but yeah people should just have the common sense and let the games count if it was just those certain trophies and the rest of their list looks good. You don't need to flag or white list.

5 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

You're basically admitting to what you flag people for in regards to using their own save files to pop trophies early or earn xp so thanks for proving the hypocrisy of what I mention. Sarcasm aside with Demon Souls maybe you're the best and could of earned the plat in 2 hours but your trophies show that weapons were given to you.

Again I don't care and I'm not saying either is cheating in my eyes but yes it's basically the same thing of what I mentioned.

Like I said as well I know your views were to help but yeah people should just have the common sense and let the games count if it was just those certain trophies and the rest of their list looks good. You don't need to flag or white list.

What I did with Borderlands is not against the site rules. You can load back your own saves as long as you sync the first time you earn a trophy. You don't earn them before you boot up the game on your own profile. :|

Trading items in a game that allows this is fine (this is not even an exploit or a glitch :S, it's just the in-game mechanics working as they should). In-game exploits that doesn't require third party tools etc is just fine. Nobody is getting flagged for this shit.

In the case of CoDBO2, someone uses mods/hack the game, to pop the trophies for you. They are not gained through any normal means, they are not considered legitimately earned, and shouldn't count towards your profile IMO.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MMDE said:

think the person I did this version with might be the guy who is at #2 on the JP version. I at least know that time is legit, because I gave him all the items and equipment and souls etc to level. And the plat is doable in 1 hour and 20 minutes, so please talk about stuff you actually know anything about.

LOL you just proved my point again. What is the difference from a mod handing you a trophy you didn't earn or someone like you handing people stuff they didn't earn to pop stuff early?It's the exact same thing. Why should one be flagged and not the other? Again I don't think what you're mentioning is cheating at all. Hypocrisy is my point and if you want to be rude and tell me not talk about things I don't know (although you proved me right twice) then you need to go back to school and take a reading comprehension class.

51 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

LOL you just proved my point again. What is the difference from a mod handing you a trophy you didn't earn or someone like you handing people stuff they didn't earn to pop stuff early?It's the exact same thing. Why should one be flagged and not the other? Again I don't think what you're mentioning is cheating at all. Hypocrisy is my point and if you want to be rude and tell me not talk about things I don't know (although you proved me right twice) then you need to go back to school and take a reading comprehension class.

It's not the exact same thing. One is earned through hacking, the other is earned through using the in-game mechanics. It's like saying co-op in a game is cheating, because someone helps you. Then you compare this to someone just putting the trophies on your account. I'm not even against shareplay, because someone is actually earning the trophies.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Look I never argued it was hacking. My point is you're doing something you didn't earn yourself to help you achieve to get the plat faster. At least with people joining lobbies and getting screwed they weren't knowingly skirting the system. I know the site rules but if I were to argue this in court against your views I would win hands down every single time. For the last time I don't think you're a cheater and what you did isn't cheating but if you take a step back and think about the logistics of it they're basically the same argument. I just think it's dumb to flag people over those things. You could argue with Demon Souls that one person had 2 weapon trophies left and hacked someones save and got the 2 trophies within seconds apart. The other person had the same situation had a friend give him the 2 weapons and got the trophies seconds apart. Both outcomes are the same and both come from using someone else save. I think hacking yes it's wrong but just trying to prove a point that would be won in court. It's my same reasoning for GTA5,GTA4 and RDR. COD games are on a whole nother level and I'm not touching those since it seems an entire plat can pop haha. The whole thing is just silly to begin with when it comes to this topic of those certain games on the issues of flagging for stupid crap that is out of their control and the rest of the game/list is fine

Like if those are the only trophies you see as messed up just move on to the next person and nothing else needs to be done. Let common sense prevail is all I'm sayin

Edited by HailHale81

3 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

Look I never argued it was hacking. My point is you're doing something you didn't earn yourself to help you achieve to get the plat faster. At least with people joining lobbies and getting screwed they weren't knowingly skirting the system. I know the site rules but if I were to argue this in court against your views I would win hands down every single time. For the last time I don't think you're a cheater and what you did isn't cheating but if you take a step back and think about the logistics of it they're basically the same argument. I just think it's dumb to flag people over those things. You could argue with Demon Souls that one person had 2 weapon trophies left and hacked someones save and got the 2 trophies within seconds apart. The other person had the same situation had a friend give him the 2 weapons and got the trophies seconds apart. Both outcomes are the same and both come from using someone else save. I think hacking yes it's wrong but just trying to prove a point that would be won in court. It's my same reasoning for GTA5,GTA4 and RDR. COD games are on a whole nother level and I'm not touching those since it seems an entire plat can pop haha. The whole thing is just silly to begin with when it comes to this topic of those certain games on the issues of flagging for stupid crap that is out of their control and the rest of the game/list is fine

Demon's Souls and Borderlands allow for co-op, it's a part of the game. :| Someone hacking the game to just put the trophies on your account is not the same.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, MMDE said:

It's not the exact same thing. One is earned through hacking, the other is earned through using the in-game mechanics. It's like saying co-op in a game in cheating, because someone helps you. Then you compare this to someone just putting the trophies on your account. I'm not even against shareplay, because someone is actually earning the trophies.

2 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

Can you guys please continue this in a PM, the whitelisting thread isn't appropriate for all this. It's the only thread on psnp that isn't a dispute that I like to see clean because of its importance. 

3 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Can you guys please continue this in a PM, the whitelisting thread isn't appropriate for all this. It's the only thread on psnp that isn't a dispute that I like to see clean because of its importance. 

We're discussing what to do with whitelisted games. A lot of people report the games, and the trophies are obviously earned through someone hacking them, so what to do? He thinks they shouldn't be flagged, because it's like someone giving you items in Demon's Souls. :| I don't see how this isn't relevant to the thread.

Edited by MMDE

1 minute ago, Dav9834 said:

I thought the point of this thread was to give opinions on this system. Or is this another only agree with my point of view kind of thing. We're also keeping it clean I have no ill will towards MMDE. His reading comprehension and reasoning skills aren't that great haha and that's why I have to keep replying that my whole point is you could argue the hypocrisy of what I mentioned and my overall point was if moderators and constant viewers of this site know those certain trophies can accidentally happen and you see the rest of the game/profile is fine then unflag them or don't flag them at all and move on. There would be no need for a white list system to begin with. I understand why people are trying to help people with this system but if common sense prevailed you wouldn't even need this discussion

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

We're discussing what to do with whitelisted games. A lot of people report the games, and the trophies are obviously earned through someone hacking them, so what to do? He thinks they shouldn't be flagged, because it's like someone giving you items in Demon's Souls. :| I don't see how this isn't relevant to the thread.

The past few back and forths have not been relevant. This is when it just starts to get out of hand. He was just looking for a thread to attack you personally really, I don't like to see that here.

Pleaseee can you guys bring it in a pm. Or at least a different thread. ? so tired today 

2 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

The past few back and forths have not been relevant. This is when it just starts to get out of hand. He was just looking for a thread to attack you personally really, I don't like to see that here.

Pleaseee can you guys bring it in a pm. Or at least a different thread. 1f61e.png so tired today 

I'm not trying to personally attack him at all and like I said I have no issue with him at all. I don't even know him to personally attack him. I just used him as an example for my point cause I know he's a mod. Like I said I know he's trying to help people and that's a good thing and I mentioned why I used him and that he's doing good and I never called him a cheater and I made that clear. Common sense people is all I'm asking or haha

• Like 1

Just now, HailHale81 said:

I thought the point of this thread was to give opinions on this system. Or is this another only agree with my point of view kind of thing. We're also keeping it clean I have no ill will towards MMDE. His reading comprehension and reasoning skills aren't that great haha and that's why I have to keep replying that my whole point is you could argue the hypocrisy of what I mentioned and my overall point was if moderators and constant viewers of this site know those certain trophies can accidentally happen and you see the rest of the game/profile is fine then unflag them or don't flag them at all and move on. There would be no need for a white list system to begin with. I understand why people are trying to help people with this system but if common sense prevailed you wouldn't even need this discussion

No this isn't a thread about giving opinions on the dispute system. Only the whitelisting system. And you've made your voice heard that you don't think there should be disputes, so in turn that makes it so you don't want the whitelisting. 

Which is fine! Others agree! 

But it's everything else that just doesn't pertain to helping, or adding to the discussion. 

I don't think there was any to bring @MMDE into an opinion about whitelisting. 

So pleaseee bring to pm instead 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

No this isn't a thread about giving opinions on the dispute system. Only the whitelisting system. And you've made your voice heard that you don't think there should be disputes, so in turn that makes it so you don't want the whitelisting.

Ummm I'm disputing the whitelisting system not the actual dispute system. I agree you need a dispute system but if people used their common sense you wouldn't need a white listing system to begin with in regards to those certain games I mentioned if the rest of the game/profile looks legit. It seems like a lot of effort is being put into this and I applaud the people for trying something new to help/make this site better but with common sense it isn't needed. Sorry if you're taking it the wrong way or thinking me and MMDE are being rude to another cause I don't think we are. Nothing but love to go around haha

I'm pretty sure @HailHale81 didn't need to post more than once if @MMDE have actually understood what he meant in first place. And I'm only getting into this because, yes, it is relevant. For a while I have been reading dispute flags, and yes, I think it is totally unfair some people get flag cause they were trying to earn trophies legit in BO2 (example), and some random person decided to give him trophies. YES, @MMDE, it is the same thing as giving/receiving weapons in Demon's Souls, why? Cause whoever is getting them is receiving free trophies. You say isn't the same thing because one used tools outside the game to earn those trophies, right? Ok, so... how do I know that the person giving you those weapons didn't earn them the same way? Using a save file or hacking in some way? Should I flag you in those 2 games and remain the flag cause you can't prove it and for me you cheated? That you made a guide means nothing to me. I can make a guide for a game I perfectly know, yet I could of went the easy route and hack. The point @HailHale81 made wasnt that you are a cheater or so, is just the fact that they are the same thing. If someone gets flagged over gettingn 50-100 in GTAV in couple seconds, so should you. So yes, I think those trophies shouldn't be flagged, yet, to make it fair, can exclude them from their points towards the leaderboards like this thread is about sorta. I mean, doesn't PSNpro community would like it to be fair? Yes, I don't agree that actual cheaters should go into the leaderboards, BUT they could just hide the games, what is the point in the 3 strikes if is hidden and not counting either way? Well... fair isn't prolly part of some people vocabulary when they send messages to 10+ people in psn just to find a game that is flaggable in certain person list so he can get rid of him in the leaderboards. Yes, I am not saying who. But WTH? Can I get paid for this too? Lol jk. Anyways... I really, reaaally hope there is some kind of justice for trophy hunters, or so, that are just trying to earn trophies legit or just have fun, and have the bad luck of finding a generous person that wanted to give him money, xp, or just random trophis. TBH, I prolly would of felt horribly if when I was trying BO2 zombies some random dude popped some random trophies after my hard work, I had the worse luck ever in that game and took me a lot of practice to get good at it, find good people, good communication and a lot of patience from my coop partner.

Edited by mapachiniartaud
Just fixing typos.

10 minutes ago, mapachiniartaud said:

For a while I have been reading dispute flags, and yes, I think it is totally unfair some people get flag cause they were trying to earn trophies legit in BO2 (example), and some random person decided to give him trophies. YES, @MMDE, it is the same thing as giving/receiving weapons in Demon's Souls, why? Cause whoever is getting them is receiving free trophies.

You're confusing hacking trophies with someone playing cooperatively in a game where it was even intended (not even boosting). That's all there is to it.

Edited by MMDE

8 minutes ago, MMDE said:

You're confusing hacking trophies with someone playing cooperatively in a game where it was even intended (not even boosting). That's all there is to it.

Well except the people that this system is being discussed for aren't hacking anything are they? They didn't do anything wrong and that's my whole point of common sense should make the mods move on. You don't need this system if people used common sense.

On the co-op part,you can't say what the game makers intended with the games they made. I highly doubt they said I want people earn every weapon in the game without playing the game for it lol. I'm just giving you crap cause of our pms of the game ?.

10 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

Well except the people that this system is being discussed for aren't hacking anything are they? They didn't do anything wrong and that's my whole point of common sense should make the mods move on. You don't need this system if people used common sense.

On the co-op part,you can't say what the game makers intended with the games they made. I highly doubt they said I want people earn every weapon in the game without playing the game for it lol. I'm just giving you crap cause of our pms of the game 1f601.png.

While they aren't hacking the trophies themselves, someone did hack the trophies for them.

In the case of Demon's Souls, I do think the devs intended for you to get weapons from people online in the game! :) You can tell, because they didn't remove this feature for Dark Souls 1-3 or Bloodborne. It's also not like they didn't know how to disable this feature in co-op, because they do it for invading phantoms.

What was intended is however not the topic, because exploits, glitches and boosting is fine. :P I'm just pointing out that in the case brought up here, it was even intended by the devs.

Edited by MMDE