PS4 Dev Kit Specs

Sir_Bee

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/01/23/playstation-4-dev-kit-specs-leak-controller-and-multiple-user-accounts-detailed?zeta_id=15644342&utm_source=Targeted%20Blasts&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Sony+Highlight+-+PS4_11765_621257_621264&utm_content=15644342

I am sure that there are tonnes of these reports out there, and I understand that they are not confirmed in any way, but there is one detail in this article I find very exciting.

Finally, Sony could allow multiple users to be logged into the system at any given time. According to a diagram used in the documents, each user will have localized saves and be able to log-in and associate their Sony Entertainment Network account to each additional controller. The benefit, Kotaku says, is if four people are playing local co-op, each can earn trophies as they progress.
  • Like 1

That will really be :awesome: for boosting BS MP trophies as well :D

Edit: I wonder how this will work with the proposed licensing changes we heard about not too long ago. Right now your PSNID is embedded into your software for verification purposes. How will that work when you have 3 other friends sitting there playing that game as well.

Edited by bmj14772

Edit: I wonder how this will work with the proposed licensing changes we heard about not too long ago. Right now your PSNID is embedded into your software for verification purposes. How will that work when you have 3 other friends sitting there playing that game as well.

Maybe it will just require your id be amoung them?

I just hope they don't remove the option to have access to PS Store from other Regions

It would also be nice to be able to access other region stores from any other region. For example... why can't I buy JP digital content for my Vita with a US PSN account? Why are the regions locked out from each other anyway?

It would also be nice to be able to access other region stores from any other region. For example... why can't I buy JP digital content for my Vita with a US PSN account? Why are the regions locked out from each other anyway?

A lot of this has to do with licensing and region-specific pricing. Also, local laws and regulations prohibit some titles to be sold. For example, a lot of the content on the EU store excludes middle-eastern countries. If they opened up the stores to all regions, local censorship laws could be circumvented. And some titles may be licensed to only be sold in certain regions.

• Like 2

A lot of this has to do with licensing and region-specific pricing. Also, local laws and regulations prohibit some titles to be sold. For example, a lot of the content on the EU store excludes middle-eastern countries. If they opened up the stores to all regions, local censorship laws could be circumvented. And some titles may be licensed to only be sold in certain regions.

Hadn't really thought about that, haha. That's what happens when you just start spewing out questions without taking a minute to think it through. :rolleyes:
  • Like 1

Guess I'm the only person who hopes future consoles will actually find ways to prevent boosting ^^ Maybe someday MP trophies might actually mean something...

While sure, this can be used for boosting, but it can also be used to just play local co-op. That is how I play the vast majority of my co-op games, and only one player can get the trophies from it, even though two of us are working hard at it. This is a great feature, should it be implemented, and shouldn't be dismissed just because it may be able to be abused by a few.

• Like 1

While sure, this can be used for boosting, but it can also be used to just play local co-op. That is how I play the vast majority of my co-op games, and only one player can get the trophies from it, even though two of us are working hard at it. This is a great feature, should it be implemented, and shouldn't be dismissed just because it may be able to be abused by a few.

Yes, true that, Sir_Bee, it wasn't so much the feature that bugged me as the comments about it. Oh well to each his own.

• Like 1