My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Discussion Thread

link220

Thought I'd start a thread for this.

First off, Rainbow Dash is best pony.

Secondly, does anyone here watch the show?

It'll be nice to meet fellow fans.

To break the ice, it looks like Season 3 is coming to an end. How did this season shape up for you guys?

Edited by link220
  • Like 1

Its nice to see this thread finally come to life.

Hello my name is Jazz and i am a brony.

I think season 3 was a little lacking personally. But that was only because i don't think Faust actually thought it would go that far tbh.

Overall it did the job right. New Villain, New sub breed of Pony.

All in all good season.

E: Forgot to mention. I'm not so sure RBD being best pony. Twilight has some pretty awesome spells.

Edited by killerJAZZ420
  • Like 1

I have to go put my niece on the bus in the mornings.. before we leave she watches this show. I like that the shows ends each time with a moral. It's a lot better than other things she could be watching (Honey Boo Boo, Pageant Monsters, Bratz, w/e) I don't understand why anyone older than 8 might watch the show.. it's not mentally stimulating and it's very predictable. I can't say I have the slightest interest in the show itself, but I do have an interest in what my niece is watching and learning from.

That said, while she's watching the show I'd reading my books or watching anime on my iTouch. Right now, Fate Zero

• Like 2

Honestly not Trolling...

This whole Brony thing... I dont get it. Is it like guys who pretend to like my little pony or guys that actually do? I mean I always thought they were a girl thing, like care bears or something... Or does it really speak to gay men?

I don't know, and I'm confused, and that makes me angry, and when I'm angry I call stuff I dont understand "Gay as Fuck."

I'm old, I dont understand the youth of today.

Enlighten me.

I figured I'd be entering the dragon's den with a topic such as this :P

If you want an honest opinion on why I enjoy the show, here it is:

The characters are what probably makes the show. They're all pretty interesting and there's a lot of compelling writing behind them. I like a lot of cutesy stuff so it was only natural that I became engrossed within the episodes. All the nice animation, cinemetography, and landscape designs really appeal to me.

Truth be told, the fandom can be grating at times but overall, they're really nice people if you have a chat with them. That and their overwhelmingly creative passion for the show is really something to admire. Just don't let the bad apples of the fandom steer you wrong.

Comedy plays a big part in the show and I legitimately think it's quite funny.

Anyhoo, those are my thoughts on the matter.

Mod Edit for the coverup :D *spraypaints "eburk was here"*

Like you, just now :P

I'm very sensitive about my grammar and spelling skills xD You'll be seeing a lot of edit marks by me. Anyways, nice to meetcha! Season 3 has been quite enjoyably so far. Nothing spectacular but the season finale should, hopefully, remedy that. I do like how this season tied up a lot loose plot threads for the characters. And of course, Discord! It's never a dull moment with him haha!

Edited by link220

I have to go put my niece on the bus in the mornings.. before we leave she watches this show. I like that the shows ends each time with a moral. It's a lot better than other things she could be watching (Honey Boo Boo, Pageant Monsters, Bratz, w/e) I don't understand why anyone older than 8 might watch the show.. it's not mentally stimulating and it's very predictable. I can't say I have the slightest interest in the show itself, but I do have an interest in what my niece is watching and learning from.

That said, while she's watching the show I'd reading my books or watching anime on my iTouch. Right now, Fate Zero

I don't like the show, but when my brother or my niece watch this program I say "Let them watch" It's good for their education.

It's not a gay guy thing. I read about this a few months ago and 'the vast majority consider themselves to be heterosexual. They are also mostly male and in college.'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/oct/01/my-little-pony-bronies-rebels

I don't think it's that weird, not compared to some of the anime and manga I've seen and the fandoms they have. (By which I refer to yaoi.) Edited by ScreechingOwl
  • Like 2

It's not a gay guy thing. I read about this a few months ago and 'the vast majority consider themselves to be heterosexual. They are also mostly male and in college.'

http://www.guardian....-bronies-rebels

I don't think it's that weird, not compared to some of the anime and manga I've seen and the fandoms they have. (By which I refer to yaoi.)

Agreed. I'm straight and I go to college. I watch stuff like Hamtaro and Powerpuff Girls all the time. Just because someone likes cutesy stuff doesn't mean they're homosexual. I'm a sports nut (Baseball) and I watch other shows like Breaking Bad and whatnot. I consider myself no different from anyone else. To me, if it's good, then I'll watch it despite it's tone and audience it's geared towards. MLP has pretty good writing and character development. And for that, I enjoy it. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Edited by link220
  • Like 1

http://www.guardian....-bronies-rebels

I don't think it's that weird, not compared to some of the anime and manga I've seen and the fandoms they have. (By which I refer to yaoi.)

Although there is no danger of me becoming a brony any time soon, I have to admit that after reading that article, maybe, just maybe, it actually brings a little good into this dark miserable world for some people...

...and who the fuck am I to argue with that?

• Like 2

In all honesty being some crazed Otaku like some people not pointing any digital fingers, Is pretty much the same thing as being a brony.

Fans who enjoy a show watch it. Is there really something wrong with that. Say you're walking down the street and you just happen to notice an Anime convention, Would you get exicted and see what cartoon crap you can buy. Or would you go on a thread and post a video of a Japanese lady say oh my god?

The fact is it boils down to it being a cartoon and that is all. You can like it or leave it.

Personally i don't give a damn what other people think. If you like something different thats you're business, But i guess most people still have some growing up to do.

But thats just my personal opinion, No reason for anyone to go spreading it around. ;)

In all honesty it was a joke, I don't care if you watch that show, and i agree Otakus and Bronies are alike it's just a matter of what you like watching, if you like watching My Little Pony Friendship is Magic then it's your opinion i'm not gonna judge you ^_^ . You like what you like and I like what I like it's all a matter of an opinion. So sorry if I offended you -_-

• Like 1

In all honesty it was a joke, I don't care if you watch that show, and i agree Otakus and Bronies are alike it's just a matter of what you like watching, if you like watching My Little Pony Friendship is Magic then it's your opinion i'm not gonna judge you ^_^ . You like what you like and I like what I like it's all a matter of an opinion. So sorry if I offended you -_-

I wasn't offended and i agree with you. Fans will be fans, And i wasn't targeting you thus the "I'm not pointing any digital fingers" I just figured i would use you're post as an example.

You have you're likes and dislikes as does everybody else in the world.

But to be more on topic seeing as this thread has derailed to more of a troll/debate then a conversation place for fans of the show.

If anyone wants to get into the topic of what you think the CMC's cutie marks will be I'm down and will start.

Scootaloo:Maybe a racing helmet or a racing flag

Sweetiebell:I want to say it will probably be a microphone

Applebloom:I hope it turns out to be something friendship related meaning a group activity compared to a solo mark like a stitch of cloth or something design involved like it most likely will be.

• Like 2

I wasn't offended and i agree with you. Fans will be fans, And i wasn't targeting you thus the "I'm not pointing any digital fingers" I just figured i would use you're post as an example.

You have you're likes and dislikes as does everybody else in the world.

But to be more on topic seeing as this thread has derailed to more of a troll/debate then a conversation place for fans of the show.

If anyone wants to get into the topic of what you think the CMC's cutie marks will be I'm down and will start.

Scootaloo:Maybe a racing helmet or a racing flag

Sweetiebell:I want to say it will probably be a microphone

Applebloom:I hope it turns out to be something friendship related meaning a group activity compared to a solo mark like a stitch of cloth or something design involved like it most likely will be.

Scootaloo: A scooter? A racing flag seems more likely

Sweetie Belle: Probably a musical note

Applebloom: They hinted her talent is dancing/acrobats so I'm guessing it'll be something related to that. Although I really wish that Tossing Ring was her cutie mark.

Oh No! this threads being overrunned by youtube commenters :facepalm:. But seriously I've been thinking bout watching the first episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic so does anyone know where I can watch the episodes online?

You can actually watch every episode at Youtube, I used to have a website that hosted all 3 seasons. I'll look into it and see if i can ind it,

Oh No! this threads being overrunned by youtube commenters :facepalm:. But seriously I've been thinking bout watching the first episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic so does anyone know where I can watch the episodes online?

It's available on Netflix if you're interested but only up until season 1 and 2. Season 3 ain't available.

MLP an OK show and I'll watch it if it's on. However, I don't go out of my way to watch it.

It's a girls show that doesn't deal with boyfriends. That's why guys like it, and why older girls don't.

MLP is American Moe. Guys want female friends as long as they don't have boyfriends. The ponies offer this. Nothing wrong with that and to be fair, MLP does this better than any Japanese Moe series.

It's also a twenty minute toy commercial.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My most fav is Shining Armor (of the males), Pinkie Pie (of the females (she makes me laugh)) & Queen Chrysalis (of the villains)

but what do you all think about the upcoming movie Equestria Girls thats coming to theaters? Do you think its gonna suck? Do you think it looks good? or what of your opinions about MLP: Equestria Girls.

My opinion about it: I think its gonna look good cause well you get a new human boy (idk what name they gave him) and a new villain name Sunset Shimmer those 2 look good to see

Edited by Wolfboy1334