Time required for Gold

Anyone else is finding getting a gold relic in Crash 2 rather difficult? Like its not the level that is hard to complete but i cannot reach the gold time in most of the challenges. And what annoys the most is if it wasn't for that long ass corridor at the end of each level (the warp thingy) i would actually manage, but since it almost adds 3.5/4 seconds i get sapphire. Anyone else feels the same? At this point im gonna say the time trials for crash 1 where a lot easier lol, didnt have these problems

3 hours ago, Kyl542 said:

what? theres such a thing? i dont remember it from the original, only on warped

I think it's probably why we can't get gold relic. 

This user has that upgrade.

And whatever i doing even on this level - i simply don't have enough secs to reach gold (2-3 seconds). That only means what Kyl542 mentioned.

Edited by DrWho123456

10 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Do we get an awesome bazooka in this one too?

But seriously, that will make things easier when I start Cortex Strikes Back and aim for all these gold relics.

No wumpa fruit bazooka, sorry to disappoint you. No power ups in Crash Bandicoot 1 and only one in the second game i.e. Crash Dash.

Just now, gameoncomrade said:

No wumpa fruit bazooka, sorry to disappoint you. No power ups in Crash Bandicoot 1 and only one in the second game i.e. Crash Dash.

Ah, shame... I love the fruit bazooka, but no worries there, at least we all know only Crash Dash in the second game.  But then I assume the times for the first game are more lenient because of that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a question linked to this issue. I do not manage to see the times required for any of the relic (gold, sapphir, etc.). I precise that I have not yet defeated Cortex so that I do not have the golden shoes. So my question is (obviously): do we see the required times after defeating Cortex or we are always blind about it? (which would be f... annoying)

1 hour ago, djippps said:

Hi, I have a question linked to this issue. I do not manage to see the times required for any of the relic (gold, sapphir, etc.). I precise that I have not yet defeated Cortex so that I do not have the golden shoes. So my question is (obviously): do we see the required times after defeating Cortex or we are always blind about it? (which would be f... annoying)

Go in front of any level, and press L1 (or R1 tbh i forgot which one) and it shows the leaderboards. Underneath there are 3 Relics (blue, gold and platinum), if you're aiming for the gold, just take a look at the time below the gold relic image. And no, you dont need to beat Cortex to see the time, just finish the level

Edited by Kyl542
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As a authentic bandicoot, I'm trying to earn plat instead of gold for that extra feeling of accomplishment. 

One tip that is actually essential is finish the game, without the running shoes, hitting the plat threshold or even gold, will be a pain. Apart from that abuse the drift jump as much as possible, gives that extra free time. 

Hope you guys don't mind, I enjoy receiving feedback and I'm always happy to help 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

As a authentic bandicoot, I'm trying to earn plat instead of gold for that extra feeling of accomplishment. 

One tip that is actually essential is finish the game, without the running shoes, hitting the plat threshold or even gold, will be a pain. Apart from that abuse the drift jump as much as possible, gives that extra free time. 

Hope you guys don't mind, I enjoy receiving feedback and I'm always happy to help 

Well whilst we are uploading our times for platinum relics here's a couple that I managed to get :D 

Also I just subbed to your channel as those speedruns on this are insane :D 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Razza said:

Well whilst we are uploading our times for platinum relics here's a couple that I managed to get :D 

Also I just subbed to your channel as those speedruns on this are insane :D 

That's awesome videos xD

Didn't know you had a YouTube channel, I don't usually follow much I just post for fun and to watch my accomplishments so I can get better

I hate those jetpacks levels so much, I'll probably hit the last floor tonight, so they're bound to happen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mah2c said:

That's awesome videos xD

Didn't know you had a YouTube channel, I don't usually follow much I just post for fun and to watch my accomplishments so I can get better

I hate those jetpacks levels so much, I'll probably hit the last floor tonight, so they're bound to happen

Thanks buddy :D I do occasionally upload videos if I think its either helpful or different :) ( hoping to make loads of videos for the new digimon game next year) :D

And the jet pack levels aren't as hard as you would think :) piston it away and spaced out are horrible levels to time trial though :)

On 21/07/2017 at 1:55 PM, Razza said:

Thanks buddy :D I do occasionally upload videos if I think its either helpful or different :) ( hoping to make loads of videos for the new digimon game next year) :D

And the jet pack levels aren't as hard as you would think :) piston it away and spaced out are horrible levels to time trial though :)

I'll subscribe to you :)

Finally I'll have some free time to wrap crash 2, did platinum time on stormy ascent and forgot to tag you on the post, was awesome seeing that I would be able to finish high road, while I wait to cheer you on. :P

On 21/07/2017 at 1:55 PM, Razza said:

Those will probably be the last videos I'll post for crash 2 at least for a while. Time to samurai myself with nioh dlc and keep going with the unfinished stuff. 

At least one of those hard ones you mentioned are among those last ones :P

4 hours ago, Mah2c said:

Those will probably be the last videos I'll post for crash 2 at least for a while. Time to samurai myself with nioh dlc and keep going with the unfinished stuff. 

At least one of those hard ones you mentioned are among those last ones :P

Nice work on those times :o you slayed most of my best times :( also congrats on finally catching up in getting the Crash bandicoot 2 platinum :) I'm saving mine for my next milestone 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Razza said:

Nice work on those times :o you slayed most of my best times :( also congrats on finally catching up in getting the Crash bandicoot 2 platinum :) I'm saving mine for my next milestone 

Thanks, and that's a amazing one. I'll make kingdom hearts chains of memories my 150th. Sadly the PS4 version didn't stack with the PS3 version, so I decided to give it as a milestone instead. 

Since I won't have a beautiful plat image :P

By the way my new dlc guide for crash lost treasures is up, any feedback from the razzle Razza will be much appreciated

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...