Coco is faster then Crash, therefore it's slightly easier to finish time trials.

Ptirle

As stated above, I'm shocked to see that no one figured this out. Also didnt find anything anywhere about this and trophy guide didnt state it.  Choose first level, try with Crash and then try with Coco and see for yourself... Coco is faster about 2-3 seconds.

Edited by Ptirle

Didn't seem any faster when I just tested it.

I did the first level with both characters several times each and always got roughly 48 seconds. Any differences in time seemed to be because of how I moved to avoid the enemies rather than the character I used.

I didn't collect any time crates, moved forward constantly and I reached the maximum height with all my jumps, to make sure it was as consistent as possible.

On 18.7.2017 at 11:07 AM, Ptirle said:

I'll upload my times later, in the meantime, see this, just found it and it seems it's not just the first game...

Both need 5 seconds to reach the end . crash starts at 3 ->8  and coco 17-> 22 seconds. you are just misleaded by the animation. It looks faster because she has different animation.

Jump hight is same aswell , she is little bit smaller so it looks like she jumps higher. I have done multiple relic runs with both character and they are both same. (it looks like faster running aswell because she is bit smaller ) .

Edited by Xionx
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Xionx said:

Both need 5 seconds to reach the end . crash starts at 3 ->8  and coco 17-> 22 seconds. you are just misleaded by the animation. It looks faster because she has different animation.

Jump hight is same aswell , she is little bit smaller so it looks like she jumps higher. I have done multiple relic runs with both character and they are both same. (it looks like faster running aswell because she is bit smaller and has shorter legs) 

I noticed the hightened speed of Coco buf If I'm wrong about the difference I will use Coco for the games still as it feels more natural to play her then Crash due not feeling slow and clunky like :)

Edited by ZachBoardyHD

2 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

@ZachBoardyHD So you mean that they work mechanically the exact same while their animations just feel differently? I have doubt that it will make us perform better.

In the Video he said in describtion he timed it exactly and there is slithly difference. BUT he was not climbing straight line , there was different movement and lines on both runs. IF you do the same climbing 20 times only with crash , without using straight line you will get different times everytime.

Im pretty sure they changed the model and animation , but that doesnt change the programmed running speed.

Im could be wrong at the end but most of the "feels different" comes from the different animation and model.

3 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

@ZachBoardyHD So you mean that they work mechanically the exact same while their animations just feel differently? I have doubt that it will make us perform better.

I noticed when playing Coco I was dying less and it felt less clunky/sluggish, so that's an advantage if it's true that they both mechanically play the same :)

2 minutes ago, Xionx said:

In the Video he said in describtion he timed it exactly and there is slithly difference. BUT he was not climbing straight line , there was different movement and lines on both runs. IF you do the same climbing 20 times only with crash , without using straight line you will get different times everytime.

Im pretty sure they changed the model and animation , but that doesnt change the programmed running speed.

Im could be wrong at the end but most of the "feels different" comes from the different animation and model.

That may be the case of how it feels different, but for me it works better as it seems smother and less clunky, hense tricking my mind when playing :)

1 minute ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

That may be the case of how it feels different, but for me it works better as it seems smother and less clunky, hense tricking my mind when playing :)

Nothing against that , if it helps than it is fine. I did many runs with coco and i have to agree it "feels" smoother .  But model and animation is more important for that feeling than some people think. ^_^ Like i said , i can be wrong after all, but vids with runs on different lines is not a proof for me.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, djippps said:

Does sb try "stormy ascent" with Coco? I had big pbs with her in the first stairs (I was even blocked due to the timing with alternate stairs...) while it comes naturally with Crash. So I would assert that Crash is quicker for jumps

Nope, they reach the same height with their jumps at the same speed. As it was said above, there's a slight difference in their animations which causes you to shift your timing when you move from one character to the other. Being in a game where timing is crucial, that tiny shift will determine whether or not you'll survive a level.

Edited by gerboize