Suggestion: Suggested Players

I don't really want to get any more random people adding me out of admiration for trophy accomplishments, I'm not really a person who holds my trophies high in regards to what I do in gaming. PSN already attempts to find you people that you should add, why does PSNP need that? Now, for me a lot of people who add me saying "I like your trophy list", I add initially but within a few days I delete them because we never talk, they literally just want to build up their friends list with who they may consider as "elite" trophy hunters, hilarious term but some people take these digital images that seriously. I don't add people randomly anymore, I did when I was like 14, I don't tend to want to bother people who haven't really talked to me before. I also kind of don't want to be bombarded with a list of random people that I would never think of adding just because a bunch of people go add-happy in regards to respecting trophy lists. 

Edited by Sergen

Cool idea, would definitely need to be opt-in though. Despite the nature of the forums, this isn't a social network site per se, and I think a lot of people are happy with that. I'm down to talk/shitalk with anyone about anything, but generally I have no interest in talking to y'all after like 10 minutes. That's not a dick comment on anyone here or anything, it's me in general, outside of my core IRL group of people, I don't have the time or desire to keep in touch with other people. There's one dude on here I talk to pretty regularly, there's then another layer of people probably a couple times a week popping up in threads, and then there's a few familiar faces I'm like I've seen before, then there's the rest of y'all. It's not so much a social network, to me at least, as much as a social club if you will. There's always people around, you might have bumped into them before, but you're not gonna be besties with any of them, and that's cool.

When I saw the heading I kinda thought this was gonna be a thing for game sessions, set it up so there's a rep system or something, but that's been suggested like a thousand times already so yeah.

Anyway, cool idea, I'd like it but the big thing you need to remember is that THIS FORUM IS NOT A CUSTOM JOB. I've seen this exact same setup on several different sites, which is fine, a lot of sites use the same forum get up and messages service, but because it's already got it's template and everything, the level of customization (on Sly's end) would in all likelihood be a lot lower than if it used it's own forum setup, meaning the idea you're proposing in all likelihood, at least as the forums currently stand, would be straight up impossible.

Agree with Sergen.

99% of people I add get deleted because I never actually talk to them.  A few of the cool people I've talked to while boosting stay there longer, but still get deleted after we have no reason to talk anymore. There's probably about 2 whole people that I've added still there.  

• Like 2

I understand some people tend to add random people, or get added by random people, like it's some kind of competition, personally I like to keep my friends list to the minimum, but it would be good to have the option to be able to see people online that are playing the same game as me. It would kind of feel like multiplayer but not, where you can see each others progress but not directly influence each others games, like in Just Cause 3. The more I think about it the more I think it should be built into PSN, as an opt-in service. It kind of already exists but you need to join the relevant communities, which don't always exist.

So what you're saying isn't related to this site but instead Communities on the Playstation?

On this site you can only see active gamers once they achieve a trophy and update their trophy list. In this case you can click on the game itself and look at recent players if you want to find friends, unless I'm missing something?