Whole online can be done with 2 ppl or even with 2 PS3s

Kristmas2

1 hour ago, Kristmas2 said:

I can confirm that all online trophies can do done with two players in private matches. You can also get them all by yourself if you have 2 PS3s and 2 copies of game. So let the small amount of players don't scare you from getting cool platinium trophy.

how long does it take just boosting by yourself?

4 minutes ago, AlphaTrash said:

how long does it take just boosting by yourself?

Not long - i guess you can get all online stuff in around 6-8h or less, rest can be done entirely offline or in split screen coop. Online portion consists of challenges which require you to kill certain amount of enemies in a certain way, so for the most time you have play 1on1 team deatmatch and kill other player. Easy, simple stuff.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey there, wasn't there a online challenge where you had to kill 2 aliens with one shotgun blast or something in a match?  I'm sorry I haven't played the game in forever.  Or you had to do certain challenges in order?  It's been so long.  I know there was a reason I stopped playing, but I can't remember why... Hmmm 

19 minutes ago, LrryLegend said:

Hey there, wasn't there a online challenge where you had to kill 2 aliens with one shotgun blast or something in a match?  I'm sorry I haven't played the game in forever.  Or you had to do certain challenges in order?  It's been so long.  I know there was a reason I stopped playing, but I can't remember why... Hmmm 

All the challenges have to be done in a set order, else you won't get any credit for your progress towards them and will just end up wasting time :(. For Double kills, you can just have Player 2 play as a Marine and drop a turret and that will count as the third player :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

3 hours ago, kingdrake2 said:

i'll have to take note on this one in my future. though 2 copies will be needed and i'll buy whichever is cheaper (sometimes digital price is less than 2 physical copies).

I bought it on sales 2/3 years ago for 3$ and I'm going to boost it soon with 2 consoles as well :).

• 5 months later...
On 30.11.2018 at 6:26 PM, HuntingFever said:

You can do everything in LAN mode so if the servers ever get switched off, you will still be able to get the Platinum :).

Do you? I don't remember but there wasn't any ONLINE only challenges to complete?

3 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Do you? I don't remember but there wasn't any ONLINE only challenges to complete?

For the purposes of the MP trophies, LAN Mode is considered to be the same as an actual online match so it doesn't matter if you play with friends or just yourself and 3 controllers as the trophies pop regardless :).

9 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Good to know that the online is no real barrier to the plat. Now I just have to get over the fence that is the fact that the game is fooking poop.

I don't know if it was my love to the universe or the alcohol, but while playing the game (on CRT for better immersion and "feel") I didn't feel it was a shitty game. One playtrough on high difficulty was fun for me, and I only hated the game when I had to boost online challenges on 2 consoles with myself, and go in and out and in and out for singleplayer challengers because the game doesn't let you grind all the challenges you need in one place with human enemies, and then go to the xeno farming spot, no, you have to get one challenge on humans, exit, go to the mission where are xeno's near the begging to waste as littile time as possible, do the challenge, and then exit again and go to the mission with human enemies or the certain xeno type, also near the beggining, because it will take you hours upon hours. Yea, game wasn't as bad as people say, but the platinum was trash.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HaserPL said:

I don't know if it was my love to the universe or the alcohol, but while playing the game (on CRT for better immersion and "feel") I didn't feel it was a shitty game. One playtrough on high difficulty was fun for me, and I only hated the game when I had to boost online challenges on 2 consoles with myself, and go in and out and in and out for singleplayer challengers because the game doesn't let you grind all the challenges you need in one place with human enemies, and then go to the xeno farming spot, no, you have to get one challenge on humans, exit, go to the mission where are xeno's near the begging to waste as littile time as possible, do the challenge, and then exit again and go to the mission with human enemies or the certain xeno type, also near the beggining, because it will take you hours upon hours. Yea, game wasn't as bad as people say, but the platinum was trash.

Most likely the alcohol! But seriously, hey, if you enjoyed it then more power to you. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Most likely the alcohol! But seriously, hey, if you enjoyed it then more power to you. 

I only have to rush through Isolation on PS4 on easy and mop up collectibles and hard playtroughs in AVP and I will have all Xeno based games platinum :D. Shame there is no more of them though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HaserPL said:

I only have to rush through Isolation on PS4 on easy and mop up collectibles and hard playtroughs in AVP and I will have all Xeno based games platinum :D. Shame there is no more of them though.

What's the AVP game like? It passed me by completely

The same itself is okay, very short, only marine campaign takes 4/5h but it's enjoyable. Although multiplayer trophies are cancerous. To get online trophies you need to use proxy glitch,  its impossible to get it legit. Servers crash all the time and to host boosting session you need 2 hosts from the same region. Read its boosting thread posts, most of the players tell to avoid this game if you dont have the online trophies done by now.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Hello i can confirm that all multiplayer challenges and online trophies can be done with only 1 boosting partner because the turret well count as another player and the server for this game as for today date fri 1 jul 2022 is still up and running smoothly without any problems good luck with platinum this game xD

Edited by DEYBAJ
  • Like 3